NOTICE: SWC No Longer Playable on Amazon Devices Effective January 7 2019

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: NOTICE: SWC No Longer Playable on Amazon Devices Effective January 7 2019

Post#11 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:55 am

Is this a sign that the end is near and Zynga is only whipping a dead horse?

I don't use Amazon devices, I use my both Prestige bases connected to Facebook in different fake profiles -- and sync with Google Play as a back up in my Androids. As in the past FB blocked my 3rd fake profile connected to my Rebel HQ 8, I only was able to save it because was connected to Google.

Don't trust in connect your account only with FB. If you are going to create a profile in FB (real or fake) to transfer your account to an iOS/Android device, connect it with the Game Center/Google Play too. It's safer than FB.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

cerestan
Lieutenant

Post#12 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:10 am

Sorry I should have been clearer. I mean the Amazon Appstore version, running on my Android phone. :-)

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#13 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:26 am

I specifically bought an Amazon fire a couple years ago to build a mini base because they are such affordable tablets. Oh, well.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:21 am

Chaotic999 wrote:maybe its coming back to windows? , I think Zynga should blow the lot and start again with swc v2, swap existing swc1 players over, scrap armoury and make the game a game that everyone can enjoy, like killing real bases attacking real players, not this pathetic version of candycrush saga that the game has become, unlucky for amazon/kindle users, that's how these fucking bastards treat you but we still give them our money lol.

A time ago, someone wrote here or in the old forum why we had the SWC Windows running on an different server, while the other platforms shared the same server, Disney had to deal with Microsoft requirements -- and this has became not viable due to several problems with the Windows SWC bad development and server errors. Maybe this changed, maybe not. It's all about business and profit.

Better run the game on a single problematic server than run the game on two/many problematic servers. If you can't heal the disease, kill the patient.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

SpaceDandy
Captain

Post#15 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:31 am

As a windows survivor, my first thought was of consolidation - that the number of Fires out there doesn't justify the additional cost of Amazon-required peculiarities/customizations. It is a separate store and not a Google Play device even though it uses an android code. Still, no way to grow a game - and growth was my top Zynga wish for a reason, More than my new GR snipers, I want more folks to discover what could be a really great game
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#16 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Sad day indeed. Doesn't affect me, but if it did, I'd probably quit.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

rebel10
Commander

Post#17 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:52 am

"Amazon's Fire Tablet normally restricts you to the Amazon Appstore. But the Fire Tablet runs Fire OS, which is based on Android. You can install Google's Play Store and gain access to every Android app, including Gmail, Chrome, Google Maps, Hangouts, and the over one million apps in Google Play."

Mar 24, 2018

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-googl ... 1790706649

Method 1

EDIT:

The Kindle Fire tablets use Amazon's Appstore instead, which has many, but not all of those Google Play Apps. But that's OK. If you have any other Android device and a PC or Mac around, you can use free tools to load almost any free Android app onto the Kindle Fire.

Dec 31, 2013

How To Run Free Android Apps On the Kindle Fire | News & Opinion ...

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396276,00.asp

method 2
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

DeathStriker

Post#18 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:05 pm

NOTICE: Its Official - SWC No Longer Playable on Amazon Game Devices

Amazon Game Device Load Screen - 01-07-2019
(Click here to view LARGER image)

Hope all Amazon Players were able to make the transition to iOS and/or Android.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Rebelscummer
Major General

Post#19 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:18 pm

Facebook next

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#20 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:14 am

Another batch of players needlessly and unlawfully removed probably never to come back.. and they are right... sad the way this potentially great game is mismanaged!
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Return to “General Discussions”