War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spirit
Major General

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#81 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:10 am

War matchmaking is always a hot topic, as are the suggestions on how long a war should last etc. We all want different things. People want quicker matchups too. That all requires more squads to request war.
Several comments on here that they get 45 points within an hour, so want another war ASAP. I have been in many such squads.
However, most of the squads I visit dont want that. They want occasional wars that cater for casual players being able to log in and fight when they can. 45:0 means they wont war and dont fight back.
So we perhaps need more options in war? Short wars, no ops wars, quick matchup wars, less than 15 per side etc?
What is clear is that getting 15 hardcore players all on at start of wars is no longer the norm, hence many squads not going to war.
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#82 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:47 am

The trick is the counterbalance of not having so many pools of war types that the mismatches within those pools get worse. But I agree there is a balance between bringing in the oft discussed different war elements and not shrinking the pools of players in each too much. And less than 15 players, with multiple teams in a squad going concurrently, would increase the pool. There is no topic I look forward to discussing more with Zynga developers when they show up and engage the community, if and when they ever do. (It's okay to hope!) And if the challenge concept ever takes off, we can self sort to some degree. Until then, more mismatches will appear on this thread. I forget sometimes how robust the game and wars once were
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#83 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:27 am

Five on five wars on Windows were pretty fun. It is a major challenge to balance going for bases and for outposts, since you have so few attacks. My squad was never very organized, so we got whipped in 5 on 5's whenever we faced a top rebel squad.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#84 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Spirit wrote:45:0 means they wont war and dont fight back.
So we perhaps need more options in war? Short wars, no ops wars, quick matchup wars, less than 15 per side etc?
What is clear is that getting 15 hardcore players all on at start of wars is no longer the norm, hence many squads not going to war.

You put your finger right on it! There is no real incentive, when you wake up to a 45:0 drubbing, “to have a go”. Might as well go do something else! Tis a shame really....but, since Prestige entered right stage, this has become the wars reality....for some of us at least. I know some here will just say “well, you just ain’t good enough, get better”. But climbing Everest in your shorts and tee shirt was not, I think, what most folks signed up for.

So, I would support any moves to reinvigorate wars with options that....at least bring some fun back in to them...and provide a sporting chance of not being nailed into the ground out of sight.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#85 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Looks like we have a tough matchup tonight. Squad ranked 143 on ksod. We lost to them a month ago 45-43. Tatooine was in play, which made a tie within reach. No such luck tonight. No Tatooine or Takodana. Hoping we can keep this tight, maybe 41-35.

Win/Loss/Tie
Us 167/48/13
Them 192/58/18

.............. Us Them
Prestige ..... 6 ..... 14
Lvl 10 ....... 1 ..... 0
Lvl 9 ......... 6 ..... 0
Lvl 8 ......... 2 ..... 1
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#86 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:12 pm

I agree that wars need to be more fun for casual squads. They have no chance against aggressive squads. The only thing I can think of is limit attacks per hour e.g. I
only 3-4 per team led hour. Spreads the war out over at least 11-15 hours and prevents runaway scores. The other option is to really use outposts as a equalizer and not a weapon for both squads.
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#87 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:26 pm

I have been testing loadouts for no outpost wars. As a reb, it seems like some mix of A-A5's, AT-RT's, Enhanced Repulsor samples, 225's works best. Supporting cast of vanguards and infiltrators. Testing against Er'kit dev bases with armory off for jets.
lukeskywalker
Leader

Return to “General Discussions”