War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
Centaur
Captain
Posts: 69

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#51 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:59 pm

It wasn’t “wee”. It’s the size of Sputnik!!! :)
The Force! Do you speak it!!!


swcSteve
Cadet Trooper
Posts: 1

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#52 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:58 pm

ChiptheFish wrote:The reality of the matter is that not everyone wants to organize to the degree necessary to be a tight squad. For causal players who don't want to set alarms and block out an hour of the day (or middle of the night) wars have become a non-option. (not to mention work or family responsibilities that take priority). Our squad is about to extend our losing streak after our mixed base team (with some at L5 and 6) is matched with 15xL11/P bases.... highly discouraging.


Not sure what drew me here today as I hardly take part in community discussion anymore. Your footer however caught my eye and noticed that as of today, Nov 19-20th our squads are in war together.
I've read a few of your posts and can't agree more with some of your points. MM is terrible. Our squad stands with many mature L10 bases, L50 rollers etc. now at P level. It's not fun for us to war against squads with lower levels then ours, however if we want to war, we throw our squad into the bucket.
We have a brother squad comprised of levels similar to yours and their MM is as bad as yours.
We try and get on the no outposts schedules (not sure if you are familiar with them) several times a week. If you happen to start a war when 10 high level squads initiate a war then you may want to avoid these times and days.
Dark Rebel stated it best for war with outposts, plan and coordination. It's hard at first but once you guys get it going it can be a rush.
My Line id is "st3v3"
Best of luck to you all.


User avatar
ChiptheFish
Major General
Posts: 394

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#53 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:32 am

swcSteve wrote:
ChiptheFish wrote:The reality of the matter is that not everyone wants to organize to the degree necessary to be a tight squad. For causal players who don't want to set alarms and block out an hour of the day (or middle of the night) wars have become a non-option. (not to mention work or family responsibilities that take priority). Our squad is about to extend our losing streak after our mixed base team (with some at L5 and 6) is matched with 15xL11/P bases.... highly discouraging.


Not sure what drew me here today as I hardly take part in community discussion anymore. Your footer however caught my eye and noticed that as of today, Nov 19-20th our squads are in war together.
I've read a few of your posts and can't agree more with some of your points. MM is terrible. Our squad stands with many mature L10 bases, L50 rollers etc. now at P level. It's not fun for us to war against squads with lower levels then ours, however if we want to war, we throw our squad into the bucket.
We have a brother squad comprised of levels similar to yours and their MM is as bad as yours.
We try and get on the no outposts schedules (not sure if you are familiar with them) several times a week. If you happen to start a war when 10 high level squads initiate a war then you may want to avoid these times and days.
Dark Rebel stated it best for war with outposts, plan and coordination. It's hard at first but once you guys get it going it can be a rush.
My Line id is "st3v3"
Best of luck to you all.

Nice to see you here! I wasn't in this particular war team... congratulations on your early 45 :geek:
Honestly I'm not happy with the activity of the current squad I'm in, but it's hard to find a casual squad these days that doesn't want me to be on Line and answer to a schedule. The happy middle where there's guys online having fun often enough to play a loose war are over. In my previous squad, which is also full of highly irregular chaps since this past year (Kenobi's_Command), it was easy to log on and say "Who's on for some sweet war action" and within 15-30 minutes have enough teammates to make a real dent. We had good leadership (I'm talking about you ObiWanKenobi2016), but it wasn't enough. I think the problem is that the game has lost its draw and player retention/engagement is low.

I'm done with wars and I'm about done with the game. As one member of our squad said today, "This is not fun anymore"
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!


User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1076

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#54 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:36 am

ChiptheFish wrote: I'm done with wars and I'm about done with the game. As one member of our squad said today, "This is not fun anymore"

This is a sad thing to hear from every veteran player, but it has been a constant reality in the game for some time. SWC is no longer fun. Lost the charm, even being Star Wars, with characters that everyone loves.

When I said that I was a casual player, a member asked why I said that if I log in every day, several times. I should have said, I'm a casual attacker because being online does not mean I'm playing (attacking), because I attack once or twice a week for upgrades, but I log in every day because as a leader I need to remove inactive, donate troops, invest my points, and help beginners with tips, and I make one or two heroic defenses.

I think I should have said that today I am a bureaucratic player. This is what SWC has become for many, a second and bureaucratic job. I'm still standing because I have lots of Windows Crystals to burn, so I will continue with my weekly Prestige upgrades while I wait for better days.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)


Toydarian
Commodore
Posts: 141

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#55 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Centaur wrote:It wasn’t “wee”. It’s the size of Sputnik!!! :)

Ha ha! Even better! We of the north of the sceptred isle are masters of the understatement ......
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only


Toydarian
Commodore
Posts: 141

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#56 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:53 pm

mkenobi wrote:This is a sad thing to hear from every veteran player, but it has been a constant reality in the game for some time. SWC is no longer fun. Lost the charm, even being Star Wars, with characters that everyone loves.


Sad indeed, mkenobi, but we should not loose heart! I don’t. Sat out to watch “The Last Jedi” @ the weekend, big refresher! Let us keep the game alive, encourage our juniors, coach our juniors, and hope that The Zynga guys read our many posts, and take heed. Hope we can all lead the game onto better days.....
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only


Toydarian
Commodore
Posts: 141

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#57 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Sorry to drag this corpse back onto the table, but my latest (since the last debacle):

My lot:
1 x P (6k med count)
5 x 9s
3 x 8s
2 x 6s
2 x 5s
2 x 4s

Matched with:
6 x Ps
2 x 9s
1 x 7
1 x 6
3 x 5s
2 x 4s

Still, better than my original post....at least our juniors get a shot at glory!
I take heart.....the mouse clearly believes my lvl 9 echelon is stellar!
Now, where can we buy those purple light sabres.....(ref other post lmao)
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only


WoW
Storm Trooper
Posts: 3

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#58 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Rebel squad.
5 continuously matchings... It is as follows.

ex1.
The difference of the base score is several times, and the difference of the medal is several times.

My lot:
3 x Ps
1 x 9
2 x 8s
2 x 5s
2 x 4s
5 x 3s

Matched with:
11 x Ps
1 x 10
3 x 9s

ex 2.
My lot:
2 x Ps
1 x 9
2 x 8s
3 x 4s
7 x 3s

Matched with:
2 x Ps
1 x 10
6 x 9s
3 x 8s
2 x 6s


User avatar
Midge
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1070

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#59 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:50 am

Toydarian wrote:Sorry to drag this corpse back onto the table, but my latest (since the last debacle):

My lot:
1 x P (6k med count)
5 x 9s
3 x 8s
2 x 6s
2 x 5s
2 x 4s

Matched with:
6 x Ps
2 x 9s
1 x 7
1 x 6
3 x 5s
2 x 4s

Still, better than my original post....at least our juniors get a shot at glory!
I take heart.....the mouse clearly believes my lvl 9 echelon is stellar!
Now, where can we buy those purple light sabres.....(ref other post lmao)


Seroiusly ... how is this one unfair at all? Not even slighly.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed


Toydarian
Commodore
Posts: 141

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#60 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:53 am

Midge wrote:
Seroiusly ... how is this one unfair at all? Not even slighly.


Hi Sir! Great to have you on my tail once more!
Seriously, it is not unfair at all, not even slightly. So, d'accord...
Don't think I said it was (unfair)....not in my lexicon here. Just comparing and contrasting...and trying.

Have a great weekend amigo.
Best, as ever.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], EdibleKarlos, ForceMel, Google [Bot], SleeperSim12, sneakyzapper and 38 guests