War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Toydarian
Commodore

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#31 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:21 pm

Midge wrote:
Nobody has lost 20 wars in a row because of terrible matchmaking ... that is terrible squad management.

Sir, that is so harsh, even by your standards, imfho. I would just counter by saying that most squads just would like wars where matchmaking gives them the opportunity to exercise their skills, develop those skills, and, win or loose, they enjoy the experience. I am with Richaldo, who posted earlier. It’s the near matches, when the result is within a few uplinks, that gets the adrenaline going, and fires up good team coordination, despite the vagaries of time zones etc, and makes the effort fun! No fuckin squad wants to be crucified from the get go, because of crap matchmaking - that is what demotivates everyone.

Butt out, kick it!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#32 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:46 pm

Hard to leave a strong player out, but I'm pretty sure you will match more evenly without him, maybe try it once.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Get the player to build a minibase and keep the medals at 1. Now is a great time to do it, as there is a ton of loot available for minis. In a couple months, they will be ready to ball out with it. I have had my mini for a year, just got my fifth droid (no cash spent), have the dekas at 21/17, and am upgrading to 10 right now with the plan to go immediately to prestige. There is so much loot now that upgrading is easy, and you don't have many buildings to upgrade, anyway. I use this base for war instead of my main one.

llamaman
Commander

Post#34 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Maybe if players stopped dropping medals and manipulating matchmaking by not developing decent strong bases there would be no poor matchmaking.

Just a thought

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#35 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:48 am

It would be a whole lot easier if the stupid fucking devs gave up their dumbass matchmaking formula that is based on base score and medals and that favors sandbaggers. A much better way to match make for war would be to just average the hq level of the top 8 bases on each war squad and match to that average.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#36 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:13 am

Toydarian wrote:
Midge wrote:
Nobody has lost 20 wars in a row because of terrible matchmaking ... that is terrible squad management.

Sir, that is so harsh, even by your standards, imfho. I would just counter by saying that most squads just would like wars where matchmaking gives them the opportunity to exercise their skills, develop those skills, and, win or loose, they enjoy the experience. I am with Richaldo, who posted earlier. It’s the near matches, when the result is within a few uplinks, that gets the adrenaline going, and fires up good team coordination, despite the vagaries of time zones etc, and makes the effort fun! No fuckin squad wants to be crucified from the get go, because of crap matchmaking - that is what demotivates everyone.

Butt out, kick it!

Nope ... it sucks to be overmatched, but that is life. Seriously ... should the top 10 squads on face each other?

And your argument against mine makes no sense. If you lost 20 wars in a row, it is not matchmaking to blame. That is a fact.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#37 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:17 am

And all of you are missing the main issue ...

THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS/SQUADS ... that simply cannot be remedied by MM. I mean, I see people on here that argue they are way overmatched and then post a 50-50 squad they are going against.

Seriously? It is ridiculous. The same teams already see each other A TON on this game, and some of the elite teams literally spend 75% of the time matching each other. You guys aren't even running into these teams ...

LEVEL DOESNT MATTER. BASE SCORE DOESNT MATTER. MEDALS DONT MATTER.

Hell, some of the worst bases I have seen are maxed out ... idiots are idiots.

All that matters is how good your squad is. If you are organized and got your shit together, you will win more than your fair share of wars, period.

If you're not, you will end up posting a bunch of shit about how terrible matchmaking is.

You can look at our record and see where we were like 41-25 and running into teams much bigger than us. Never once cried about it ... GOT BETTER.

Try it.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#38 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Midge wrote:1) Hell, some of the worst bases I have seen are maxed out ... idiots are idiots.

2) All that matters is how good your squad is. If you are organized and got your shit together, you will win more than your fair share of wars, period.

3) If you're not, you will end up posting a bunch of shit about how terrible matchmaking is.

Sir, thank you for taking your precious time out for replying to my post. I do like standing on your corn, as I have before.

On point 1), so be it, but I do not think there much to be gained anywhere by calling them out, like you did Sir. Yes, I checked out your war record, so you are the bees knees, rank 14 on Ksod, with your midnight bunch. Very impressive. But if you get your kicks from decimating lower ranked squads like mine, ranked @ 3000 odd, in war, because we are, in your words, idiots, then I argue that that does absolutely nothing to bring on more junior players....which is what I want to do. So that plays to your own point, that there are not enough squads/players. If they read your stuff, is that going to motivate them to try harder? Think.....Man! If matchmaking frustrates developing junior players into to game, surely, in the sane world, that is not too clever.....which was the point of my starter post in this thread.

On point 2) I absolutely agree with you. Judge us accordingly....

On point 3) So that was your butt kick. I can only respect your opinion that what you read in this topic was a “bunch of shit”. That is where we must differ, leaving me kinda vexed ...... and a bit disappointed with the Grand Admiral in this place......who, in his vaulted position as a leader in one of the most successful syndicates in the SWC community, we should always look to for help, guidance and, most of all, encouragement.

But thank you from me, for what it is worth, for your continuing engagement, with the rest of us guys, who are only trying........

Best, as ever.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

luke50

Post#39 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Mismatches on paper can be overcome. Solid level 6's and 8's need to hold outposts for the the level 9's and 10's to take down the prestige bases. Takokana and Tatooine are almost worth a 2 level jump. Easy for level 9's to take down a 10. Possibly for 8's to take down a mid-level 10. Level 6's through 8's can handle level 9 outposts.

LS

luke50

Post#40 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:53 pm

To improve matchmaking, launch early morning. Like 4-6 am EST or launch the night before you go to sleep. You will stay ahead of the rush. Doesn't guarantee a bad matchup, but in our last 8 wars launched that way, 9 were fair. We lost 43-45 to a stacked squad with 12 prestige bases. We had 5 prestige bases, 2 level 10's, 4 level 9's, 2 level 8's, a level 7 and a level 6, at the time. We just sync up the attacks.

The other option is launch and cancel if no match up within 30 minutes. Just repeat. The longer the matchmaking goes, the wider the search allowance. That's when it can get ugly.

LS

Return to “General Discussions”