War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Richaldo
Admiral

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#21 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Having slept on it... I actually like the coordination aspect of the posts, it's great for team work and it makes the win so much more of a squad effort in the end!

Just please NERF TAKO!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#22 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:07 pm

Toydarian wrote:So, we all want to bring on our junior squad mates, yes? Give them the joy of squad wars, yes? So here is what we were dished up following matchmaking tonight:

My bunch:
2 x Prestige
1 x 10
5 x 9
2 x 8
3 x 5
2 x 4

Imps:
11 x Prestige (eyes water)
3 x 10
1 x 9

No worries, we will give it a go, but, this does diddly squat to encourage newer players into the game.
Shocking, just shocking.

Hi Toydarian. I looked up your squad on KSOD.us I would suggest leave out the guy called 'Freedom'. He has 59k medals where as the rest of your squad is 20k medals or less. He will most likely be causing you to draw much harder opponents. My mini account wars in a squad called Powdermonkeys and we have a 20k medal cap and very rarely get mismatched. The other week we let in two lvl10 guys with 40-50k medals to help with a war and we got a massive mismatch against a top10 rebel squad. I would try matching without Freedom and see if you have better matches. I'm pretty sure you will.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

SithVicious
Commander

Post#23 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:29 pm

I don't like the idea to drop medals for a better MM. It works, that's for sure. I did it in the past, and some guys from my former squad are dumping their medals to zero from time to time. But it is not good sportsmanship in my opinion and waste of time to drop medals. For me the teamwork in a squad is more important than an easy win.
Proud member of SITh - home of fun, glory, cider & banter .... #DARKSIDE

spootieho
Commodore

Post#24 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:33 pm

SithVicious wrote:I don't like the idea to drop medals for a better MM. It works, that's for sure. I did it in the past, and some guys from my former squad are dumping their medals to zero from time to time. But it is not good sportsmanship in my opinion and waste of time to drop medals. For me the teamwork in a squad is more important than an easy win.

Let me change your opinion.
Medal level has nothing to do with skill. It has more to do with how frequently you play. Sometimes the two correlate, and often they don't. The game is seriously flawed. If anything, dropping your medal level is good sportsmanship as it helps others your level find you.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#25 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:42 pm

SithVicious wrote:I don't like the idea to drop medals for a better MM. It works, that's for sure. I did it in the past, and some guys from my former squad are dumping their medals to zero from time to time. But it is not good sportsmanship in my opinion and waste of time to drop medals. For me the teamwork in a squad is more important than an easy win.

That's easy to say if you've never been in a squad that's lost 20 wars in a row because of terrible match-making.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#26 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm not suggesting to drop medals but rather make sure your war party is all of similar medal level. One much higher medal person can throw out matching. Doesn't matter so much for top squads where all players are high medals, but for lower ranked squads or those with lots of mid level bases it definitely contributes a lot to the mismatches....i've seen it first hand lots of times.
I actually did the Maths once in my old squad. Most the squad were sub 25k at the time, and we invited a 100k medal guy, got a massive mismatch. When I calculated Adjusted Base Score on the squad members that one 100k guy increased our overall ABS more than 60%.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#27 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:28 am

There just aren't that many squads.

You learn by going against bigger squads and that is what outposts are for.

Oh, and levels don't really mean shit ... like at all. Anyone can be a Prestige by just leveling up their HQ and resources to get there.

If you aren't posting the squad names, there is no way to tell how lopsided a match is just by HQ level.

This is such a small issue in the game it is mind-boggling to even mention it.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#28 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:29 am

Boog wrote:

That's easy to say if you've never been in a squad that's lost 20 wars in a row because of terrible match-making.

Nobody has lost 20 wars in a row because of terrible matchmaking ... that is terrible squad management.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#29 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:10 am

Well said.
I agree with you.
People like to game the game too much. Just play the game naturally, and instead of always try to find an edge (exploit some 'flaw' somewhere), should focus on improving attack skills, base design skills, squad coordination, exploiting outposts for our added benefits during war.
(btw, I don't think medals factored into war match making though.)

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#30 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:49 pm

sgu97cab wrote:
Hi Toydarian. I looked up your squad on KSOD.us I would suggest leave out the guy called 'Freedom'. He has 59k medals where as the rest of your squad is 20k medals or less. He will most likely be causing you to draw much harder opponents. My mini account wars in a squad called Powdermonkeys and we have a 20k medal cap and very rarely get mismatched. The other week we let in two lvl10 guys with 40-50k medals to help with a war and we got a massive mismatch against a top10 rebel squad. I would try matching without Freedom and see if you have better matches. I'm pretty sure you will.

That is most kind of you to take the trouble to look us up @sgu97cab. Yes, Freedom, my XO, has steamed ahead on medals just in the last few months. I kinda came to the same conclusion as you did that he was scewing our matchmaking. Always a dilemma....he is a real bitch fighter in our wars! But your advice very well taken, thank you. On to diplomacy course for me then.....haha!

I do have a wee niggle though...and that is, has the matchmaking process, with all its flaws that have been volubly aired in this place, properly taken into account the introduction of the Prestige level? I am seeing quite a few “OMG” reactions to recent matches around the bazaars.

Thank you again.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Return to “General Discussions”