War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
Richaldo
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1203

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#11 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:37 am

We're up tonight in a war pretty much 90% prestige vs prestige... sadly it's a Tako/Dando... which basically equates to a waste of a Sunday night grinding out an easy draw...

Sigh.... wish I'd not even agreed to be in it now... just such a waste of a great feature... we've got the armoury... isn't it time they remove the posts or reduced buff or just put in a No OP option???

Ah well... game on...
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!


User avatar
LosVega
Admiral
Posts: 554

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#12 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:31 am

LosVega wrote:Currently waiting to be matched with the following in play:
1 prestige
L10 -2
L8 - 3
L7 -1
L6 - 3
L5 -3
L4
L3

The L7 has more medals than the remaining war squad combined below them, all of them rookies to war except the L3. I'll update when we finally get a match.


1:30am EST start time, crap! Matched against SuomiDarskiders with Tat, Dan and Yavin OPs:
4 prestige
3 - L10
L9
2 - L8
3 - L5
2 - L4
Image
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass


Toydarian
Major General
Posts: 271

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#13 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:43 am

Thank you everyone for responding to my original post. I just hope the squad wars feature....which I and my lot have enjoyed immensely, in over 200 wars....is not dashing headlong towards defaults of either “decimation derbies” or “dreary draws”. That would be a real shame. Certainly, the match I mentioned at the start of this thread is the worst in my war memory!

Still, it gave some of my bunch the opportunity to practice their expletives in our squad chat, before going back to chasing down those elusive GR snipe frags! And for those of us that had a go, we spent the rest of our Sunday singing the “faceplants r us” chant! Oh the vapours, and the joy they bring!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only


User avatar
Sunburn77
Commander
Posts: 44

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#14 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Don't wait so long for a match. The longer you wait, the more disparity it allows.
Officer in EternalForce


DarkRebel
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1437

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#15 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:39 pm

AirplaneManiac wrote:Tis the joys of matchmaking....
Went to battle last week, it was something like:
Us: 4 x lv9, 3-4 lv 8, 3-4 lv , etc, down till a lv 3...
Them: 2 x prestige, 3-4 x lv 10, 3-4 x lv 9, then a few lv 8 - 6...
(Numbers are aprox as I don't remember exactly.)


We still won that one though. So it wasn't all despair. :mrgreen:

Moral of the story, Commander matchmaking never works well. :x

This post is as contradictory as it can be, lol.


TNT
Admiral
Posts: 639

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#16 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 am

Richaldo wrote:We're up tonight in a war pretty much 90% prestige vs prestige... sadly it's a Tako/Dando... which basically equates to a waste of a Sunday night grinding out an easy draw...

Sigh.... wish I'd not even agreed to be in it now... just such a waste of a great feature... we've got the armoury... isn't it time they remove the posts or reduced buff or just put in a No OP option???

Ah well... game on...


Nope outposts generate money. People "need" to retake fast in order to have a small chance of winning. Thus crystals are spent.

But they really should greatly nerf Tako. A 400% multiplier is insane.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.


User avatar
Richaldo
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1203

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#17 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:01 am

TNT wrote:
Richaldo wrote:We're up tonight in a war pretty much 90% prestige vs prestige... sadly it's a Tako/Dando... which basically equates to a waste of a Sunday night grinding out an easy draw...

Sigh.... wish I'd not even agreed to be in it now... just such a waste of a great feature... we've got the armoury... isn't it time they remove the posts or reduced buff or just put in a No OP option???

Ah well... game on...


Nope outposts generate money. People "need" to retake fast in order to have a small chance of winning. Thus crystals are spent.

But they really should greatly nerf Tako. A 400% multiplier is insane.


The entire war (45-45) was over in less than an hour... still... it was fun to get the gang together...

Honestly the hardest bases you can take without air or the flag in about a minute............
Last edited by Richaldo on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!


TNT
Admiral
Posts: 639

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#18 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 am

Richaldo wrote:The entire war (45-45) was over in less than an hour... a totally pointless hour of my life that i'll never get back... still... it was fun to get the gang together...

It's just such a Noob way of playing the game............ Honestly the hardest bases you can take without air or the flag in about a minute............

Fucking hate Noob games... rather watch paint dry...


I know. Tako/Dando wars without contact with the other team are absolutely the worst.
Last week I had a magnificent war against American.Legion. We weren't quite matched up evenly, but it was close enough (I'd say that we held a minor advantage) and there was no Tako or Tat so we agreed on a Yavin only war leaving all other planets alone.
Our team lost with 3 points difference but it was easily the best war I've had in over 2 weeks. I failed 2 attacks, but each loss was clearly because the opponent had an excellent layout and me failing to compensate enough for this and learning how to do so next time.

For me once again a showcase for how great this game was/can be.
I hope you encounter a war like that soon as well.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.


User avatar
Richaldo
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1203

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#19 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:40 am

TNT wrote:
Richaldo wrote:The entire war (45-45) was over in less than an hour... a totally pointless hour of my life that i'll never get back... still... it was fun to get the gang together...

It's just such a Noob way of playing the game............ Honestly the hardest bases you can take without air or the flag in about a minute............

Fucking hate Noob games... rather watch paint dry...


I know. Tako/Dando wars without contact with the other team are absolutely the worst.
Last week I had a magnificent war against American.Legion. We weren't quite matched up evenly, but it was close enough (I'd say that we held a minor advantage) and there was no Tako or Tat so we agreed on a Yavin only war leaving all other planets alone.
Our team lost with 3 points difference but it was easily the best war I've had in over 2 weeks. I failed 2 attacks, but each loss was clearly because the opponent had an excellent layout and me failing to compensate enough for this and learning how to do so next time.

For me once again a showcase for how great this game was/can be.
I hope you encounter a war like that soon as well.


We've played in hundreds of wars, some excellent gripping adventures that have come down to a star in the last minute of the game...

As soon as I see either Tako or Dando it's game over though...
Last edited by Richaldo on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!


Boog
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1701

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#20 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:10 am

They could make a ton of crystals with a no OP option if they shortened the length of the war. Make it one hour long-that would encourage xtalling up loadouts. And when the war ends, they could have an option for an instant rematch that would occur if both sides agreed to it.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Facebook [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 419 guests