Ability stacking

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
RabidWarBunny
Commander

Ability stacking

Post#1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:06 am

I may have missed a thread answering this or similar but how many times do/can abilities stack? A rather famously used example would be Kessen and a luggabeast.; would 3 lvl 10 luggabeast offer Kessen 90% in damage boost? And if so, to what limit can it be stacked?

Toydarian
Captain

Re: Ability stacking

Post#2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:24 am

RabidWarBunny wrote:I may have missed a thread answering this or similar but how many times do/can abilities stack? A rather famously used example would be Kessen and a luggabeast.; would 3 lvl 10 luggabeast offer Kessen 90% in damage boost? And if so, to what limit can it be stacked?

Coincidentally, I had exactly this conversation on Line recently. In the Kessen/Lugga case, the stack limit is 3 Luggas; and the damage boosts are additive. So with 3 lvl 10 Luggas on him, JK would get a 90% damage boost, as you said.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 49)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

RabidWarBunny
Commander

Post#3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:34 am

Now does the same apply with Astromedics, Repair droids, healships, etc? This too I would like to know.
On a side note, I would like to see real time view of unit stats when armory skins are enabled. Example: when you look through your barracks at your sniper, if you have the Sullustan/Rodian skin active it shows you the buffed health & damage.

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:35 am

Toydarian wrote:
RabidWarBunny wrote:...would 3 lvl 10 luggabeast offer Kessen 90% in damage boost? And if so, to what limit can it be stacked?

Coincidentally, I had exactly this conversation on Line recently. In the Kessen/Lugga case, the stack limit is 3 Luggas; and the damage boosts are additive. So with 3 lvl 10 Luggas on him, JK would get a 90% damage boost, as you said.

Toydarian - Thanks for you quick answer - exactly what I was going to post. :D

The Stacking Ability of Luggabeast Munitioneer is one piece of information not shown in game and only known originally by Players from a Developer response to a question way back in the Playdom Forum days.

:arrow: NOW you can find it in the Data Miner webpage for the Luggabeast Munitioneer shown here.

Scroll down and look for "Unit damage steroid stack:" in section titled Modifier “Unit damage steroid”

RabidWarBunny wrote:Now does the same apply with Astromedics, Repair droids, healships, etc? This too I would like to know.

No.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

RabidWarBunny
Commander

Post#5 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:12 am

That answers all my questions. Thanks guys.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:30 am

DeathStriker wrote:
RabidWarBunny wrote:Now does the same apply with Astromedics, Repair droids, healships, etc? This too I would like to know.

No.

Are you absolutely sure about your "No" answer, DS ?
My experience with the medics, and repair droids is that they do stack. i.e. 2 medics (or repair droids) are better than 1.

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 am

DarkRebel wrote:Are you absolutely sure about your "No" answer, DS ?
My experience with the medics, and repair droids is that they do stack. i.e. 2 medics (or repair droids) are better than 1.

DarkRebel - Stacking only applies to Units which provide a Percentage Buff so in the case of Medics and Repair Droids which only provide a fix value of Healing / Repairing they do not Stack per se...

HOWEVER you are correct in that using multiples of Medics and Repair Droids are better than only using 1.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#8 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 am

DeathStriker wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Are you absolutely sure about your "No" answer, DS ?

DarkRebel - Stacking only applies to Units which provide a Percentage Buff so in the case of Medics and Repair Droids which only provide a fix value of Healing / Repairing they do not Stack per se...

HOWEVER you are correct in that using multiples of Medics and Repair Droids are better than only using 1.

Maybe this is a language/terminology interpretation problem.
To me, "stacking" means that the combined benefit equals the sum of the individual benefits.
To me, stack doesn't just apply to a percentage value, but also apply to fix value.

When you said "No", it might give the wrong impression that there is no combined benefit of using multiple medics, or repair droids, and that is not the correct answer.

I believe stacking applies to ALL units. You can stack multiple HFDs, MHCs, medics, repairs, and the combined benefit (either damage, healing) do represent the sum of the individual.

Now as far as percentage buff goes, there is a cap (e.g. up to 3 lugga for a combined percentage of 90%). Not sure if the cap exists for fix value. i.e. Would there be benefit of say using 10 medics versus 3. I suspect that there is a cap, even for fix value healing. (to lurking Disney/Zynga developer: please create an account and provide the answer :) ).

DeathStriker

Post#9 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:44 am

DarkRebel wrote:Maybe this is a language/terminology interpretation problem.
To me, "stacking" means that the combined benefit equals the sum of the individual benefits.
To me, stack doesn't just apply to a percentage value, but also apply to fix value.

When you said "No", it might give the wrong impression that there is no combined benefit of using multiple medics, or repair droids, and that is not the correct answer.

I believe stacking applies to ALL units. You can stack multiple HFDs, MHCs, medics, repairs, and the combined benefit (either damage, healing) do represent the sum of the individual.

DarkRebel - I agree. You are correct. You can use Multiple-Units.

Toydarian
Captain

Post#10 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:52 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Toydarian wrote:
RabidWarBunny wrote:...would 3 lvl 10 luggabeast offer Kessen 90% in damage boost? And if so, to what limit can it be stacked?

Toydarian - Thanks for you quick answer - exactly what I was going to post. :D

The Stacking Ability of Luggabeast Munitioneer is one piece of information not shown in game and only known originally by Players from a Developer response to a question way back in the Playdom Forum days.

:arrow: NOW you can find it in the Data Miner webpage for the Luggabeast Munitioneer shown here.

Scroll down and look for "Unit damage steroid stack:" in section titled Modifier “Unit damage steroid”

No.

Thanks DS, sorry if I jumped your gun! Thought about mentioning the “Unit damage steroid stack” in swcpy, but too techie. :lol: But, may I add another little nugget to this thread, which might interest forum members?
If you have, say, a jet pack or jumper, or any other unit, buffed by an armoury skin, the lugga boost % will apply to the combined buffed damage of that unit! So get your luggies up to lvl 10 pronto I say! (3 days, mine will be there)!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 49)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Return to “General Discussions”