NOTICE: New Equipment - Rebel AT-AP / Empire AT-MP - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Harshit
Commodore

Re: NOTICE: New Equipment - Rebel AT-AP / Empire AT-MP - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:55 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:ATMP is not that bad as it is, only you have to know how to deploy it effectively. With a skin the objectives like deploy 12 ATMPs would become more fun.
Not a game changer though, but in wars HQ samples like the buffed ATST samples might come in useful.

I agree. These both units have a range of 8 which is not that bad, they still need some meat shields against rockets like gamo. Otherwise kubaz/ithorian are always best options for shields.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#12 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:41 am

I had to go to my base to find out what is the AT-AP... That means we finally have a reason to upgrade "the duck" to the higher levels? Mine is Level 6 -- but I doubt this "half" buff will make this thing survive to buffed rocket turrets, then no, thanks.

But why another skin, if was enough just raise the health of the normal unit. They just want to make everyone grind for more frags for the rest of our lifes... But if is a new skin, why not a skin for the AT-AT/Jug?

The AT-MP and AT-AP are good only at low levels for players that don't have the Kubaz/Ithos can hit all shields at the same time while these units have half of the UC of the AT-AT and Jug, they have a good damage but only one shot from a rocket and they are gone. At least AT-ATs and jugs can shoot above the walls.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DeathStriker

Post#13 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:18 am

lurker wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:NOTICE: New Equipment - Rebel AT-AP / Empire AT-MP

New Hotfix revealed that the Rebel Faction will be getting Armory Equipment "Half-Skin" for the AT-AP and Empire Faction will be getting Armory Equipment "Half-Skin" for the AT-MP .

Not much more is known right now other than the upcoming Galactic Conflict Info scheduled for 11/22 thru 12/5 ...

As a matter of fact, even if the equipment info is not available, the samples (which we will get for free in the Command center, probably), is already available...

lurker - Valid point - Thanks for Posting :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#14 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:50 am

I'd rather walk my fish through a hot desert than waste my life grinding for this utter insult to gaming...........
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

lurker
Captain

Post#15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:27 am

The equipment info is in fact available.

The damage boost procured by the skin will be (in %) :

82 / 94 / 104 / 112 / 119 / 127 / 134 / 141 / 147 / 160

If I am not mistaken, the base units already have the health boost (across the board). From memory, it was more than +50%.
Data miner

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#16 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:11 am

Richaldo wrote:I'd rather walk my fish through a hot desert than waste my life grinding for this utter insult to gaming...........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The skins for AT-ST and the Rebel Repulsor Tank (i can't remember the name) were good buffs, because made those units useful again even at low levels of the skin -- I'm using the Repulsor tank (skin level 3) in my 3rd factory for my Rebel Prestige to complete my loadout fast because they are generalist and have good health now.

After destroy shields the AT-MP and AT-AP become generalist too, and are very effective against buildings. But only one rocket shoot and they are gone. If you want to do things well done and convince people to go after, at least give them a full service, not a "half buff"...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:18 am

mkenobi wrote:
Richaldo wrote:I'd rather walk my fish through a hot desert than waste my life grinding for this utter insult to gaming...........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The skins for AT-ST and the Rebel Repulsor Tank (i can't remember the name) were good buffs, because made those units useful again even at low levels of the skin -- I'm using the Repulsor tank (skin level 3) in my 3rd factory for my Rebel Prestige to complete my loadout fast because they are generalist and have good health now.

After destroy shields the AT-MP and AT-AP become generalist too, and are very effective against buildings. But only one rocket shoot and they are gone. If you want to do things well done and convince people to go after, at least give them a full service, not a "half buff"...

I like the ATST... but then I've loved Star Wars my entire life... nothing, and I mean nothing will convince me that a unit i've had i my reserve for over 4 years will be convincing... not when there is the Kubaz available for 9 spots left... hell, give me 12 stormies over that thing any day....

Totally agree about the 'half buff' as well... nonsense. Then again... who really cares, people will go for what they want, that is the aim of this game I guess!

Anyway... moan moan moan hope it brings someone joy... but it won't be me my friend hahhaha
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Euph
Admiral

Post#18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:11 pm

I'll grind for almost anything just for the sake of collecting it, but this doesn't interest me at all. I may possibly do one conflict just to unlock it. It doesn't sound like it'll improve the unit much at all. It already has high DPS, that's not the reason it sucks (range; cap; build time; HP).
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:28 am

I wish this was for a buff for the ATDP or probe droid. It would be nice to get a buff that sped up the ATDP and fixed it's schizo targeting.

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#20 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:12 am

Boog wrote:I wish this was for a buff for the ATDP or probe droid. It would be nice to get a buff that sped up the ATDP and fixed it's schizo targeting.

I agree that a skin for the Probe Droid would be fun. There are plenty of in canon examples from Rebels, Solo, books, Battlefront 2, and such of different Arakyd Industries droids.

Examples could be:
Rebels: Dwarf Probot Droid: Make it faster since it is smaller
Rebels/BF2: ID9 Seeker Droid: The back droid on hero's
Clone Wars Cartoon: Viper Recon Droid
Solo: 11-3K Viper Probe Droid

See there are lots of examples that are currently cannon. More frags for the pile! :)
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Return to “General Discussions”