NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
Richaldo
Admiral
Posts: 765

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#91 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Toydarian wrote:
Richaldo wrote:
hahhahaha amazing, just proper lol'd - so to counter the sniper, we'll give both factions a jumping sniper...

Almost too easy...

(Facepalms at the ready ) hahahhah


Off plot again.....so gonna wind my mate up!
Hear is the new deal. Snipes in barracks (once us Rebs have sold our souls to unlock em). Sully in our armoury for them, to bring in some refreshing air. And the best bit, Lvl 10 Luggas in our SCs, to boost the snipes! Result? Vader’s cloak in tatters!
(Geez, did I really think this up?)

As we always say, game defo on!


You've seen first hand how I deal with guard reserve ;)

See you on Kit this weekend my friend!

#Darkside
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!


User avatar
ChiptheFish
Major General
Posts: 310

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#92 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:20 am

FruitBowlMafia wrote:
mkenobi wrote:
FruitBowlMafia wrote:Naa, I mean Devolving, this should help get them fired up...

Image


I'm doing both...

Wow... This was really fast! Go ahead, buddy, make Mickey happy... I will wait 1 or 2 years untill these units are avaiable in HDs and Daily Objectives Crates... :D :D :D


It is funny huh, 12 Frags per Rip in the Event Crates. :lol:

Image

Wow! You inspired me to buy 4 of those crates, but I only got the sniper frags once... you must have most other frags maxed out to strike gold like that...
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 831

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#93 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:13 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
FruitBowlMafia wrote:
mkenobi wrote:Wow... This was really fast! Go ahead, buddy, make Mickey happy... I will wait 1 or 2 years untill these units are avaiable in HDs and Daily Objectives Crates... :D :D :D


It is funny huh, 12 Frags per Rip in the Event Crates. :lol:

Image

Wow! You inspired me to buy 4 of those crates, but I only got the sniper frags once... you must have most other frags maxed out to strike gold like that...


Before you max out other frags, you have a very small chance of getting them. Roughly 50% compared to other GR. Once other GR, kessen, and van are maxed, you still have to get through 80% chance of iakaru and 20% chance of sniper GR.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 831

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#94 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:24 am

Imp wrote:Nobody cares that rebel sharpshooter spawns are much faster I see... now rebels got GR sniper and now complain about collecting frags. Do you Really think all imps have snipe GR maxed? OMG... also rebel snipers do higher basic damage. Ok they have less bonus damage that’s true.


You've had at least a year head start on the frags and they're available in heroic defenses, unlike the new frags. If you haven't got it maxed by now....
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


User avatar
PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral
Posts: 620

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#95 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:41 am

Whatever other disagreements we may have about differing stats for the Rebel and Imperial sniper/sharpshooter GR, the fact remains that the GR is a big hindrance to PvP offense, which (once upon a time, at least) was the heart & soul of SWC. The Imperial/Rodian GR made offense difficult and not-fun for almost 40% of the SWC player base. The solution is _not_ to give Sullustan GR to the Rebels, because that will likely only further kill PvP for the 60% Imperials. The solution is to do something to make offense more easily doable again. We miss our game.
Image
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~152,000 medals. Newborn Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 29. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 4619

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#96 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:04 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Whatever other disagreements we may have about differing stats for the Rebel and Imperial sniper/sharpshooter GR, the fact remains that the GR is a big hindrance to PvP offense, which (once upon a time, at least) was the heart & soul of SWC. ... The solution is to do something to make offense more easily doable again. We miss our game.

+10000 - I agree.

I remember only having to deal with just the SC and using some "Bait/Lure/Destroy-Kill" Techniques and something called "strategy" using Multiple Units.... but sadly that was then... and this is now...

In the never ending arms race of which SWC has become you either grind using only few "Key Units" to stay current or risk being left behind to die a miserable death as the game becomes impossible to play...
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
FruitBowlMafia
Commodore
Posts: 217

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#97 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:08 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Whatever other disagreements we may have about differing stats for the Rebel and Imperial sniper/sharpshooter GR, the fact remains that the GR is a big hindrance to PvP offense, which (once upon a time, at least) was the heart & soul of SWC. The Imperial/Rodian GR made offense difficult and not-fun for almost 40% of the SWC player base. The solution is _not_ to give Sullustan GR to the Rebels, because that will likely only further kill PvP for the 60% Imperials. The solution is to do something to make offense more easily doable again. We miss our game.

Thanks for stopping by & donating Oll friend!

EDIT:

Imp wrote:Nobody cares that rebel sharpshooter spawns are much faster I see... now rebels got GR sniper and now complain about collecting frags. Do you Really think all imps have snipe GR maxed? OMG... also rebel snipers do higher basic damage. Ok they have less bonus damage that’s true.

Adapt those unfair jet damage bonus. That REALLY sucks.

Hahhahahahahha..

Imma tell you like almost every Imp told me. Adapt, Change Faction, or Quit.

Sorry not sorry.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"
Lone_Rebellion


User avatar
ChiptheFish
Major General
Posts: 310

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#98 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 am

DeathStriker wrote:
PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Whatever other disagreements we may have about differing stats for the Rebel and Imperial sniper/sharpshooter GR, the fact remains that the GR is a big hindrance to PvP offense, which (once upon a time, at least) was the heart & soul of SWC. ... The solution is to do something to make offense more easily doable again. We miss our game.

+10000 - I agree.

I remember only having to deal with just the SC and using some "Bait/Lure/Destroy-Kill" Techniques and something called "strategy" using Multiple Units.... but sadly that was then... and this is now...

In the never ending arms race of which SWC has become you either grind using only few "Key Units" to stay current or risk being left behind to die a miserable death as the game becomes impossible to play...

Yes... this is the sad truth. I will grind for these frags since they are one of the best chances for rebels to defend against the Buffed Jet offense, but I would prefer to see the devs walking back this arms race rather than escalating it; despite my preferences, I can't see that happening. Perhaps a more realistic option, to at least attempt to balance the game, would be for the PvP matchmaking algorithm to be enhanced so as to factor in enabled armory equipment - both offensive and defensive.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only


User avatar
FruitBowlMafia
Commodore
Posts: 217

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#99 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:49 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Whatever other disagreements we may have about differing stats for the Rebel and Imperial sniper/sharpshooter GR, the fact remains that the GR is a big hindrance to PvP offense, which (once upon a time, at least) was the heart & soul of SWC. ... The solution is to do something to make offense more easily doable again. We miss our game.

+10000 - I agree.

I remember only having to deal with just the SC and using some "Bait/Lure/Destroy-Kill" Techniques and something called "strategy" using Multiple Units.... but sadly that was then... and this is now...

In the never ending arms race of which SWC has become you either grind using only few "Key Units" to stay current or risk being left behind to die a miserable death as the game becomes impossible to play...

Yes... this is the sad truth. I will grind for these frags since they are one of the best chances for rebels to defend against the Buffed Jet offense, but I would prefer to see the devs walking back this arms race rather than escalating it; despite my preferences, I can't see that happening. Perhaps a more realistic option, to at least attempt to balance the game, would be for the PvP matchmaking algorithm to be enhanced so as to factor in enabled armory equipment - both offensive and defensive.


Hugh... I bet you would like them to de-escalate the arms race now.

It’s not enough, Buff Luke #ReturnOFTheJedi
Lone_Rebellion


Toydarian
Commodore
Posts: 100

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#100 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:56 am

Richaldo wrote:
Toydarian wrote:
Richaldo wrote:
hahhahaha amazing, just proper lol'd - so to counter the sniper, we'll give both factions a jumping sniper...

Almost too easy...

(Facepalms at the ready ) hahahhah


Off plot again.....so gonna wind my mate up!
Hear is the new deal. Snipes in barracks (once us Rebs have sold our souls to unlock em). Sully in our armoury for them, to bring in some refreshing air. And the best bit, Lvl 10 Luggas in our SCs, to boost the snipes! Result? Vader’s cloak in tatters!
(Geez, did I really think this up?)

As we always say, game defo on!


You've seen first hand how I deal with guard reserve ;)

See you on Kit this weekend my friend!

#Darkside


Off course! Both my boys on Kit, just for you! Maniac I am......no......correction, every forum needs a village ejit for a bit of the fun stuff! Catch ya in the sand.....!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 49)
Podracer repairs by appointment only


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boge, DirtyVader, Google [Bot], ObiWanKenobi2016, Proximic [Bot] and 8 guests