NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Admiral

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#71 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:49 pm

darthdoodie wrote:I still don't get why ppl complain about mega loot dev bases
If you want to attack a base, there is nothing stopping you attacking real bases...you just skip the dev bases.
If you want to be attacked and play defense, sit on a planet where you will get attacked - imps go to tat or erk, rebs go to green.
If you still aren't getting attacked, its probably because you're a maxed 10/Prestige, with glowing bursts, well buried barracks and a well shielded SC....you know...you've made your base as hard to beat as possible....
Why would someone attack that when there are easier bases, dev or real, unless they want to give you some medals?

Re rebel sharps GR, I don't like it. I want the factions to be different. Also, it doesn't stop any whinging, it just shifts whinging back to Jets vs Jumps stats....
Best improvement Devs can make to GR is to can the lot

You are making too much sense.

Sunburn77
Squadron Leader

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#72 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 pm

darthdoodie wrote:I cant recall being part of any group/forum that complains about the core focus of the group/forum as much as this place
Who joins a car forum and just complains about that model?
This might be a better place....
To channel some questionable politicians..."love it or leave it"

This. 1,000%.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can't see how the units are different, therefore don't have the same stats. The earlier post complaining about the difference between hails and mhc's is so dumb it actually made me a little angry. Of course the mhc is more powerful and has more health. It also takes up more space and moves like a frozen turtle. Get over it. If you don't like a certain unit, just don't use it. It's not like hails are needed anyways.
At 1st I was a little upset about rebs getting sharps GR. But after a little thought, sharps+sullest skin will take up a lot of GR space, so now I can be sure I won't be trying to wade through massive swarms of soldiers+vans+sciffs. To all the rebs thinking we will be crying ourselves to sleep over this new development: surely some will, but not as much as you think. We have had this buff for a long time, so we know it's weaknesses and will be more than happy to exploit them on you.
Even if I'm wrong and this is a set back for The Empire, it still beats being rebel scum. :twisted:
Officer in EternalForce

FruitBowlMafia
Commodore

Post#73 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:58 pm

I love how this thread is devolving...

-Return of the Jedi
Lone_Rebellion

TNT
Major General

Post#74 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:07 am

mkenobi wrote:
Pirate wrote:I'm glad rebels get sharpshooter GR, it makes sense. Can we please now get the mega loot dev bases turned off though? Hell, turn off all of the dev bases after this round of conflicts and let everyone only attack real live bases. Windows never had dev bases, you had to bring your A game each and every attack. Sure you faceplant but it makes the victories more satisfying. What is the point of working hard to get all these frags if everyone only attacks fake bases? Good luck in the conflict grind, I'll be lined up a week from now on Tat to take on some rebel bases with sharpshooter and sullustan activated. May win some, may lose some, but it will be more fun than rolling a fake base in 75 seconds flat. Happy hunting

EDIT:
sgu97cab wrote:I think too often in this game people 'expect' to 3 star bases, whereas at the end of the day its a strategy game and you should have to constantly change your strategy to counter new additions otherwise the game becomes mundane.

Exactly

On Windows we didn't have Dev bases, and this helped to make any Windows player a real badass because matchmaking was abusive with Level 5 fighting level 9s and 10s outside Tatooine. The best way to become a great warrior is when you need to fight rivals 4-5 levels above you. It was a good time without the stupid Armory...

But we didn't have Dev bases -- we only had CNFOs, and CNFOs killed the game for Windows, so stop complaining about Dev bases, any Dev base, poor or rich, is better than nothing. I remember well of my first visit to ErKit as soon as I unlocked that damn planet when I was Imperial Level 10: 1 week stuck on ErKit with CNFOs. Yes, remove Dev bases and you kill the game in less than 1 month.

I keep saying here Dev bases are a necessary evil, but I agree in reducing the amount of resources in all Dev bases to keep only the enough to pay the troops you use and have some profit. If you need more loot, attack real bases wherever they are. If you don't like Dev bases or don't need them for conflicts points, go to a planet where the real bases are to train your skill and enjoy using all your units, ships, hero, dekas and squad center.

The problem is not the GR and who had one kind of GR and who didn't have it. Game is too much on defense, and every update adds more and more defensive items to the game...

ARGH! The nightmares, hold me. :(
I remember going to Yavin as a lvl6 Imperial and having to fight my way back attacking maxed lvl10 Rebel bases. Managed to get 15 stars over 2 weeks and crystalled the rest.

darthdoodie wrote:I still don't get why ppl complain about mega loot dev bases
If you want to attack a base, there is nothing stopping you attacking real bases...you just skip the dev bases.
If you want to be attacked and play defense, sit on a planet where you will get attacked - imps go to tat or erk, rebs go to green.
If you still aren't getting attacked, its probably because you're a maxed 10/Prestige, with glowing bursts, well buried barracks and a well shielded SC....you know...you've made your base as hard to beat as possible....
Why would someone attack that when there are easier bases, dev or real, unless they want to give you some medals?

Re rebel sharps GR, I don't like it. I want the factions to be different. Also, it doesn't stop any whinging, it just shifts whinging back to Jets vs Jumps stats....
Best improvement Devs can make to GR is to can the lot

Well at least all Anti Infantry GR yes. The others just need another balancing pass.

The differences in the spawn times Spock posted are pretty big.
I can think of multiple reasons for this:
1: Sharpshooters have a worse multiplyer and this is to compensate. But the primary imperial unit is the jet who is also slightly weaker than the Rebel version. So I'm not sure if that's needed.
2: Anti Infantry GR isn't going to be added to the crates and the shorter times are to make them useful sooner.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#75 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:47 am

Richaldo wrote:Correct decision, and long in coming....

Is it me or is the game just going to go full 'f it' mode and just set all the stats the same eventually, so being rebel / imp will just be essentially skins...

Will see.... As long as I've Vader I don't care haha!

My thoughts too. When I saw the next conflict reward I did a double take, and laughed out loud. The devs are doubling down on this OP defense. Now we just need a unit that sheds snipers... the circle of life. :lol:
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

ATAT88
Storm Trooper

Post#76 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:18 am

a big change in favor of the game and very simple to fix for the developers would be to lower the times to make the airplanes I would love to release my AT level 9 tug but it is a pity that I can use them in only war since they take 56 minutes to cook or use my raw tie level 6 a lot of strength gathering dust

Pirate
Major General

Post#77 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:53 am

mkenobi wrote:I keep saying here Dev bases are a necessary evil

Good way to put it. I obviously don't wish CNFO on anyone. I would prefer if there was more incentive to encourage players to attack other players (PvP is supposed to be the foundation of it all) but if not, at least the lights are still on.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#78 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:23 am

Spock wrote:I don’t think so.

Well, Vulcans don't cry ... I get it.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#79 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:52 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Correct decision, and long in coming....

Is it me or is the game just going to go full 'f it' mode and just set all the stats the same eventually, so being rebel / imp will just be essentially skins...

Will see.... As long as I've Vader I don't care haha!

My thoughts too. When I saw the next conflict reward I did a double take, and laughed out loud. The devs are doubling down on this OP defense. Now we just need a unit that sheds snipers... the circle of life. :lol:

hahhahaha amazing, just proper lol'd - so to counter the sniper, we'll give both factions a jumping sniper...

Almost too easy...

(Facepalms at the ready ) hahahhah
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Toydarian
Captain

Post#80 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Spock wrote:Has anyone mentioned it’s obly 20 frags for an uc in this upcoming conflict event?
830 frags needed to max this new guard reserve. That’s 42 ulatra chromes!
Kind of hard for rebs when they can only uc on a few planets.

Will be interesting to see how high the numbers get on that and kit this round.

Yes, ok Spock, point well made. But just to shine a little ray of light for us Rebs, a Jedi squadmate of mine got UC on four planets in the Spider conflict just recently finished .... Tat, Hoth, Yavin, and Er’kit....with a respectable Bronzium showing on Dan and Tak. So we battle on.......and we have our Jedis!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 49)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Return to “General Discussions”