NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Pirate
Major General

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#61 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm glad rebels get sharpshooter GR, it makes sense. Can we please now get the mega loot dev bases turned off though? Hell, turn off all of the dev bases after this round of conflicts and let everyone only attack real live bases. Windows never had dev bases, you had to bring your A game each and every attack. Sure you faceplant but it makes the victories more satisfying. What is the point of working hard to get all these frags if everyone only attacks fake bases? Good luck in the conflict grind, I'll be lined up a week from now on Tat to take on some rebel bases with sharpshooter and sullustan activated. May win some, may lose some, but it will be more fun than rolling a fake base in 75 seconds flat. Happy hunting

EDIT:
sgu97cab wrote:I think too often in this game people 'expect' to 3 star bases, whereas at the end of the day its a strategy game and you should have to constantly change your strategy to counter new additions otherwise the game becomes mundane.

Exactly
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

sgu97cab
Major General

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#62 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:03 pm

They cant turn off Dev bases.....it causes CNFO and makes the game completely unplayable and people get stuck on planets with no way to get off except for using crystals.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Spock
Admiral

Post#63 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:41 pm

The Chart for the guard reserves has been updated by a very helpful member of the community.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#64 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:23 pm

Did they nerf skiffs? I thought level 9 skiffs were coming out of level 10 factory gr's.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#65 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Pirate wrote:I'm glad rebels get sharpshooter GR, it makes sense. Can we please now get the mega loot dev bases turned off though? Hell, turn off all of the dev bases after this round of conflicts and let everyone only attack real live bases. Windows never had dev bases, you had to bring your A game each and every attack. Sure you faceplant but it makes the victories more satisfying. What is the point of working hard to get all these frags if everyone only attacks fake bases? Good luck in the conflict grind, I'll be lined up a week from now on Tat to take on some rebel bases with sharpshooter and sullustan activated. May win some, may lose some, but it will be more fun than rolling a fake base in 75 seconds flat. Happy hunting

EDIT:
sgu97cab wrote:I think too often in this game people 'expect' to 3 star bases, whereas at the end of the day its a strategy game and you should have to constantly change your strategy to counter new additions otherwise the game becomes mundane.

Exactly

On Windows we didn't have Dev bases, and this helped to make any Windows player a real badass because matchmaking was abusive with Level 5 fighting level 9s and 10s outside Tatooine. The best way to become a great warrior is when you need to fight rivals 4-5 levels above you. It was a good time without the stupid Armory...

But we didn't have Dev bases -- we only had CNFOs, and CNFOs killed the game for Windows, so stop complaining about Dev bases, any Dev base, poor or rich, is better than nothing. I remember well of my first visit to ErKit as soon as I unlocked that damn planet when I was Imperial Level 10: 1 week stuck on ErKit with CNFOs. Yes, remove Dev bases and you kill the game in less than 1 month.

I keep saying here Dev bases are a necessary evil, but I agree in reducing the amount of resources in all Dev bases to keep only the enough to pay the troops you use and have some profit. If you need more loot, attack real bases wherever they are. If you don't like Dev bases or don't need them for conflicts points, go to a planet where the real bases are to train your skill and enjoy using all your units, ships, hero, dekas and squad center.

The problem is not the GR and who had one kind of GR and who didn't have it. Game is too much on defense, and every update adds more and more defensive items to the game...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Spock
Admiral

Post#66 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Boog wrote:Did they nerf skiffs? I thought level 9 skiffs were coming out of level 10 factory gr's.

No recent changes there
Last edited by Spock on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#67 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:52 pm

I still don't get why ppl complain about mega loot dev bases
If you want to attack a base, there is nothing stopping you attacking real bases...you just skip the dev bases.
If you want to be attacked and play defense, sit on a planet where you will get attacked - imps go to tat or erk, rebs go to green.
If you still aren't getting attacked, its probably because you're a maxed 10/Prestige, with glowing bursts, well buried barracks and a well shielded SC....you know...you've made your base as hard to beat as possible....
Why would someone attack that when there are easier bases, dev or real, unless they want to give you some medals?

Re rebel sharps GR, I don't like it. I want the factions to be different. Also, it doesn't stop any whinging, it just shifts whinging back to Jets vs Jumps stats....
Best improvement Devs can make to GR is to can the lot

Spock
Admiral

Post#68 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:55 pm

darthdoodie wrote:I still don't get why ppl complain about mega loot dev bases
If you want to attack a base, there is nothing stopping you attacking real bases...you just skip the dev bases.
If you want to be attacked and play defense, sit on a planet where you will get attacked - imps go to tat or erk, rebs go to green.
If you still aren't getting attacked, its probably because you're a maxed 10/Prestige, with glowing bursts, well buried barracks and a well shielded SC....you know...you've made your base as hard to beat as possible....
Why would someone attack that when there are easier bases, dev or real, unless they want to give you some medals?

Re rebel sharps GR, I don't like it. I want the factions to be different. Also, it doesn't stop any whinging, it just shifts whinging back to Jets vs Jumps stats....
Best improvement Devs can make to GR is to can the lot

Then the whining just shifts to turrets.
Fix that it shifts to cook times.
Fix that, well.... you get the idea.

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#69 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:56 pm

Spock wrote:
Boog wrote:Did they nerf skiffs? I thought level 9 skiffs were coming out of level 10 factory gr's.

No recent changes there

I thought they were level 9 skiffs too...just bad memory
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20844&p=53667&#p53710

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#70 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Spock wrote:Then the whining just shifts to turrets.
Fix that it shifts to cook times.
Fix that, well.... you get the idea.

I cant recall being part of any group/forum that complains about the core focus of the group/forum as much as this place
Who joins a car forum and just complains about that model?
This might be a better place....
To channel some questionable politicians..."love it or leave it"

Return to “General Discussions”