NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Fivecrayfish
Squadron Leader

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#41 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:23 am

Spock wrote:Has anyone mentioned it’s obly 20 frags for an uc in this upcoming conflict event?
830 frags needed to max this new guard reserve. That’s 42 ulatra chromes!
Kind of hard for rebs when they can only uc on a few planets.

Will be interesting to see how high the numbers get on that and kit this round.

out of 42 UC crates, we'll be getting somewhere from 8-10 (depending on how active HQ prestige peeps are) from the two weeks of conflict. the rest grinding the crap out of HD.

Best case scenario

20 * 10 = 200 (UC conflict frags)

830 - 200 = 630 frags, 42 - 10 = 32 UC crates

if we get 1-2 per HD

2 * 350 = 700

so 2 weeks of grind + 350 HDs later you should probably have it unlocked. (for pro UC gods only)

For normal peeps :

4 * 32 = 64 frags (2 UC conflict crates)

830 - 64 = 766 frags left

400 * 2 = 800

so do 350-400 HDs and 4 UC crates and you got yourself maxed out again.

.... or just do like a 1000 HDs for a guaranteed lvl 10-11 GR.

(the small increase is in case you don't exactly get them from every crate)
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

Richaldo
Admiral

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#42 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:27 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
Spock wrote:Has anyone mentioned it’s obly 20 frags for an uc in this upcoming conflict event?
830 frags needed to max this new guard reserve. That’s 42 ultra chromes!
Kind of hard for rebs when they can only uc on a few planets.

Will be interesting to see how high the numbers get on that and kit this round.

Agreed. But I still welcome this development. It's a positive move for the game and long overdue.

zorro wrote:...

The devs have always lurked on this forum, whether Zynga or Disney. It provides valuable feedback for them on how the game is going. These guys are in business to make money, so this site gives them vital information they need to know.

It would be even better if they would openly engage with us, as is done with other games.

Richaldo wrote:...

I'm all in favour of equalising faction stats. The faction divisiveness has damaged the game in my view. Posts here about crying whining Rebels or limp Imp wimps have been entirely unhelpful and clouded development of the game and resolution of genuine issues.

The game has always needed both sides to prosper and unfairness, perceived or otherwise, does not encourage commanders to keep on playing, or customers to keep on paying.

It's needed it for years... level it up... make the heroes the defining factor maybe??? Either way... there is really only one way of balancing... and that is to do a full balance.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

EdibleKarlos
Squadron Leader

Post#43 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:31 am

I always thought back in the days that the whole point of the game was rebs were troop based, imps mech based, and back in the day it worked well. true, imp mechs were over powered, however had a higher UC than reb equiv, but our reps were weak as hell, so half our loadout was spent trying to keep mechs alive. where as rebs had the hev / han / snipers / med combo which was devastating to an imp base. RFT's get nerfed to counter the med droids which was needed, and made it feasible again. then along come jets and the 'armoury', a general unit that everyone used in droves. Bursts being nerfed seems to have had the pleasurable effect of seeing more varied attacks, but nothing like it used to be. We all talk about balance in the game, but isn't that contradictory to having to pick a side? Ive played as reb and imp, eventually settling on imp (purely for the camels). They are slowly just making it all the same across the sides and again it will be just be down to the level of armoury perks for the difference.

edit - however in the interest of balance, why are the reb GR spawn times faster than the imps? surely with their snipers having greater DPS, it should be longer. Oh wait damage multiplyers, reb snips favour mechs (what imps supposed to be using), imp snips love infantry (what rebs supposed to be using). oh well back to cooking jumps. :)

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#44 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:23 am

EdibleKarlos wrote:I always thought back in the days that the whole point of the game was rebs were troop based, imps mech based

LOL!

That is the way the game represents it when you are choosing sides at the very beginning but it hasn't been that way in along time.

Really, this is a one unit game, the Jet/Jumper game, and everything else (hero/kubaz/ithorian) just helps them out a bit.

When grinding dev bases to win UC it's faster to have your factories pumping out units as well, so I use TX's and T2Bs, but if I could use all Jets/Jumpers I would. I actually prefer the Rebel vehicles (and use more of them) to the Imperial vehicles, but that is just personal taste/style of play.

lurker
Captain

Post#45 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:39 am

Boog wrote:The frags aren't available yet, although the gr shows up in the armory. I just opened a bronzium crate and got credits for the last reward instead of shock trooper frags. I assume these will go in the general frag pool, and won't be event only, but you never know.

Why do you assume that ?

It can be changed very quickly, but no units has joined the HD/bronzium crates pool since the first GR. I exepect it won't change.
It has not changed as of now. For example, the doc droids for imperials / Treadwell repair droids for rebels did not join the HD/bronzium pool.
Data miner

Schruaf
Commodore

Post#46 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:51 am

I think its about time that all possibly frags go into the normal frag pool.

Perhaps even make a fourth planetary crate with unit fragments.
The situation now is very frustrating.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#47 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:53 am

lurker wrote:
Boog wrote:The frags aren't available yet, although the gr shows up in the armory. I just opened a bronzium crate and got credits for the last reward instead of shock trooper frags. I assume these will go in the general frag pool, and won't be event only, but you never know.

Why do you assume that ?

It can be changed very quickly, but no units has joined the HD/bronzium crates pool since the first GR. I exepect it won't change.
It has not changed as of now. For example, the doc droids for imperials / Treadwell repair droids for rebels did not join the HD/bronzium pool.

That's what I said on my previous post -- they launched medic droids for Imperials and Repair Droids for Rebels to try to balance the things like they are tyrying to do now with these new GR -- but we never seeing those units except in Death Star Events/Conflicts, and we don't see a single frag for Astromedic and WED for long months...

I do not expect these new GR units will be in HD Crates too soon, why they will give these frags for free when you need them the most, and you can buy crystals for them?

No one behind SWC is stupid, they only give what you need because they know many willl pay for that, and they give what you don't want for free because no one is going to pay for that...

Then, surprise me, Devs!
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DeathStriker

Post#48 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:12 am

mkenobi wrote:I do not expect these new GR units will be in HD Crates too soon, why they will give these frags for free when you need them the most, and you can buy crystals for them?

+1000 - I agree.

During this "New GR Introduction" they will appear only in Conflict Reward Crates.

BUT AFTER - they may appear in some SWC Event in Elite Event Crates (which I am still hoping to see once again soon)...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#49 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:16 am

EdibleKarlos wrote:... however in the interest of balance, why are the reb GR spawn times faster than the imps?

Very good observation.
Rebel GR sharps respawn 4-5 seconds faster than IMP GR snipers, at all levels.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#50 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:46 am

This is a good point. I think normal Sharpsooters are more effective than normal Snipers. I am expecting the same for the Sharpshooter GR. The spawn time can be one of other advantages to convince Rebel to grind and buy crystals for them as soon as they are available. Whenever a new unit is introduced, it is either very powerful or totally useless, and adjustments need to be made in the following updates.

For Imperials, I don't think GR Shock Trooper will add something better than what they already have, and probably most Imps have them at high levels now, what means 1 or 2 years grinding in conflicts or events to try upgrade GR Shock Trooper until they can replace any 3rd GR (I use Melee Bruisers as my 3rd GR) Imps use with the MHC and Sniper/Rodian GR...

For Rebels, I don't know... Many probably will keep using what they have (Vanguards, Skiffs, or any other GR crap) for months, untill get the GR Sharpshooter at the same or above levels to replace any current GR... Or maybe these new units are so good they will change for the Sharpshooter as soon as they unlock it only to use with the Sullustan skin that they upgraded a few levels getting UC in the past conflicts.

And maybe this can force many rebels to change buffed Jets for Sullustan in SC to save one Armory slot as Imperials do with Rodians? We will have Rebels and Imperials attacking and defending with the same thing... I don't think it's a progress in strategy but time will tell...

And as Rebel, my base is set for HDs, and all my GR are Level 7 and 8, and I got Bronzium everytime, so it's fine for me the way it is.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Return to “General Discussions”