NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Richaldo
Admiral

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#21 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Toydarian wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Correct decision, and log in coming....

Is it me or is the game just going to go full 'fuck it' mode and just set all the stats the same eventually, so being rebel / imp will just be essentially skins...

Will see.... As long as I've Vader I don't care haha!

Yep, you got your costume mate.....see my noddy reply to yours in “Forum member attacked my base”...my dustbin! Geez, ‘twas always in “fuck it” mode, I just take the nuggets of help when the devs smell their coffee......this great edifice needs LIVE Rebs, else you imps just gonna be twiddling yer thumbs forever! Not a bitch, just virtual game reality.

Game on!
Best, as always!

Exactly man... to be honest i've seen this coming for ages... so many moans about balance and GR... now it'll go full circle and we'll just be bots in disguise... essentially turning this into a 'clash of clans' game, with some nice skins etc...

For me everything changed when jumps got skinned... the sniper imbalance was the final piece to their puzzle........ a shame, as the factional differences were what I thought were unique to Star Wars, and up until the armoury I think actually worked and kind of represented Star Wars...

Anyway... I'll keep on hunting... as long as there are rebels camped on Kit i'll be active !!!
Game on :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

sgu97cab
Major General

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#22 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:27 pm

Finally, i'm so glad Rebels get a sharpshooter GR so that every thread on this forum no longer goes off on a tangent about things being unfair.
Has any one seen the full stats yet? Would be good to check what level units get spawned. Currently at lvl10 Vanguard GR gets lvl10 units, but at lvl10 Sniper GR only gets lvl4 units.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#23 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Great... It took a year and a half for Rebels receive their equivalent Sniper GR and Imperial receive the formidable Shock Trooper GR... I think Zynga Devs are more stressed than the Disney ones... Disney Devs didn't give a damn about rebels crying on their Support this whole time because Imperials had GR Snipers and Rebels had not... With this move, Zynga will put an end to this hell-crying and shut up every Rebel complaining about that crap to let them work in peace.

Now the question is if these new units will have their frags available on the HDs Crates just like the other GRs have? Or they will only be made available through rewards in conflicts such as Imperial Astromedic and WED Treadwell are - remember that both were created just to balance the difference between repair droids and medic droids...

Why should any Imperial ever complain because the Rebels finally won what they should have won from the start? While they do not nerf the Imperial Sniper GR again, no Imperial has anything to complain about.

One of the big problems in the game is not A having Snipers with skin, and B have Vanguard without a skin, but both have so many artifacts for defense that the attack is practically unfeasible at the higher levels for both factions when everyone has defenses close to/maxed out and nobody wants to attack anyone because if they do not use everything they have (troops + hero + ships + SC) they will lose or return home with a miserable star and still have to wait more than 2 h to attack again...

The game is too much on defense. Instead giving more GR, Devs should ban all GR crap from the game and make SWC offensive again.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Gaardian
Storm Trooper

Post#24 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 pm

They should make starship build times comparable to vehicles. Then we all would be unafraid to make use of them regularly and would make battling full GR bases fun.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#25 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:58 pm

sgu97cab wrote:Finally, i'm so glad Rebels get a sharpshooter GR so that every thread on this forum no longer goes off on a tangent about things being unfair.
Has any one seen the full stats yet? Would be good to check what level units get spawned. Currently at lvl10 Vanguard GR gets lvl10 units, but at lvl10 Sniper GR only gets lvl4 units.

For rebel:
- GR anti-infantry level 1-3 gets sharp L1 (33-36s delay between spawns)
- GR anti-infantry level 4-6 gets sharp L2 (30-32s delay between spawns)
- GR anti-infantry level 7-9 gets sharp L3 (26-28s delay between spawns)
- GR anti-infantry level 10 gets sharp L4 (25s delay between spawns)
https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/eqpR ... eavyMirror

Spock
Admiral

Post#26 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:08 pm

Has anyone mentioned it’s obly 20 frags for an uc in this upcoming conflict event?
830 frags needed to max this new guard reserve. That’s 42 ulatra chromes!
Kind of hard for rebs when they can only uc on a few planets.

Will be interesting to see how high the numbers get on that and kit this round.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

FruitBowlMafia
Commodore

Post#27 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Spock wrote:Has anyone mentioned it’s obly 20 frags for an uc in this upcoming conflict event?

It will be Yuge UC curve...

I just hope there will be Event Crates for sale. That way I can burn the $$$ down & level em up for all my Imp friends!
Lone_Rebellion

Zorro
Squadron Leader

Post#28 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Agree 100% with mkenobi.

Disneys' strategy is to make players crystal Starships to get a 100% win in PvP, thus driving revenue up. We are not stupid, this game needs to profitable for Disney/zynga, but crystalling starships for PvP is too expensive. They need to rethink their business model.

There is a simple answer to making this game an attack dominated strategy game. GR should NOT get the armory buffs. There may need to be some improvement in GR troop levels to compensate, e.g. GR Snipers to L5/6 maybe.

The comments in this thread about the strength and differences between Rebel and Empire troops are real and concerning. Both factions should have troops with the same or near the same capabilities (have different names and graphics). The differences should be created by what Barracks/factory level you are and the Armory Buff levels you have. Having differences in Basic Health/damage for troops/mechs is not necessary.

The Rebel mechs are still way behind the Empire at this point. Why do Rebels play with Jets/Sharps so much, BECAUSE we have no other effective options. Yes our Jets are better than Jumps but compare health/damage for Jets/Jumps and then compare the Rebel to Empire mechs Damage/health, ( in particular compare a MHC to a Hailfire, approx 340% difference heath and damage). It is eye opening! Makes you think!

My greatest hope is that both sides get a greater range of attacking troop combinations, so we do less grinding and have more fun creating new troop combinations to win!

CoolGuy
Commodore

Post#29 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:52 pm

Spock wrote:Has anyone mentioned it’s obly 20 frags for an uc in this upcoming conflict event?

Last time I was on Tatt there were no dev bases (I scrolled through about 200 bases), so it's only Er'Kit for us Rebels now.

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#30 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Sounds like a good unit to have. Might be a while before I see it unlocked. I was seeing CNFOs on Tat if I played more than five or six battles with some skips for the spider hero.

Won’t have a lot of time with holiday travel coming up... timing appears to be everything.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~43k Deka/o: 31/23 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Return to “General Discussions”