NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Schruaf
Commodore

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:01 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Midge wrote:Total horseshit. They are already at Level 4000 for all the Imps while I have to struggle to get by.

But at least a good sign of good faith.

Two words: hero defense. It should be quick to get to L4-5. Anything higher than that is tough for everyone.

If you can get these new frags in hero defense or bronzium planetary crates.
I hope it will be the case. But more likely there will be no frags in these crates, at least not now.

FruitBowlMafia
Commodore

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#12 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:03 pm

DeathStriker wrote:HOT NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper

New Hotfix finally gave Rebel Faction Sharpshooter Guard Reserve and Empire Faction got Shock Trooper Guard Reserve!

More will be posted soon...

Oh my, It I$ $O on...

I cant wait to hear all the bitching from the other side.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity
Lone_Rebellion

erfs
Commodore

Post#13 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:15 pm

I welcome this and think it's fair to give imps the shock trooper GR.
I am sure it will be a heck of a grind for Rebels as this is something we have bern waiting for a long time.
Also gaving imp bases, I can see the edge sniper GR gives during hd.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#14 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Midge wrote:Total horseshit. They are already at Level 4000 for all the Imps while I have to struggle to get by.

But at least a good sign of good faith.

Bull. This must be a Rodian countermeasure, or rather balance, for us shagged Rebs, surely?
Last edited by Toydarian on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 49)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:19 pm

The frags aren't available yet, although the gr shows up in the armory. I just opened a bronzium crate and got credits for the last reward instead of shock trooper frags. I assume these will go in the general frag pool, and won't be event only, but you never know.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#16 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Correct decision, and long in coming....

Is it me or is the game just going to go full 'fuck it' mode and just set all the stats the same eventually, so being rebel / imp will just be essentially skins...

Will see.... As long as I've Vader I don't care haha!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#17 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:35 pm

Richaldo wrote:Correct decision, and log in coming....

Is it me or is the game just going to go full 'fuck it' mode and just set all the stats the same eventually, so being rebel / imp will just be essentially skins...

Will see.... As long as I've Vader I don't care haha!

Yep, you got your costume mate.....see my noddy reply to yours in “Forum member attacked my base”...my dustbin! Geez, ‘twas always in “fuck it” mode, I just take the nuggets of help when the devs smell their coffee......this great edifice needs LIVE Rebs, else you imps just gonna be twiddling yer thumbs forever! Not a bitch, just virtual game reality.

Game on!
Best, as always!

ObiTwo
Major General

Post#18 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Agreed, this is way after the horse has bolted. Imperial side got to use these for so long in conflicts, hero def and pvp, and max them out, then eventually they are given to the rebels, who now have to grind against those same imperail bases to unlock and upgrade them. Still, positive news, game slowly heading back to a more even keel perhaps.

The reduced % against infantry combined with the fact that our sharps take 8 spaces means imperials do more damage and can carry an extra sniper in prestige SC, so that's a bit disappointing. Would like to see something this important be equivalent.

strawman3125 wrote:Awesome! I can't wait to unlock it!!!
And they did not remove the 26% (188 vs 162) higher damage Armory Equipment bonus that Jets have over Jumps!

I just noticed this:
It looks like the base Calculated Damage (from https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/) Jets is much higher than Jumps as well at 2592 vs 1813 at Prestige!

Calculated Damage X Armory Bonus
2592 X 1.88 = 4872.96
1813 X 1.62 = 2937.06
4872.96 / 2937.06 = 1.65

So max level Rebel Jets do 65% more damage than Imperial Jumps!!! (and 26% more health)

Jets crush Jumps!

Still this persists?? Rubbish, jets and jumps are almost identical, jumps charge and fire faster making up for the difference in damage. This is imperial burly to try and muddy the waters.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

DeathStriker

Post#19 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#20 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:52 pm

DeathStriker wrote:NOTICE: 2-Week Event For New Guard Reserve

No "details" yet but expect the new Event to start this week following the end of the current Undead Offensive Event.

Copy that. So we should expect another event grind to unlock the new GR buff?

Return to “General Discussions”