NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:07 pm

HOT NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper

New Hotfix finally gave Rebel Faction Sharpshooter Guard Reserve and Empire Faction got Shock Trooper Guard Reserve!

Armory Equipment - Sharpshooter Marksman Guard Reserve - Rebel Faction
(Click here to view LARGER image) - More Info: Rebel Guard Reserve Anti-infantry - Sharpshooter Marksman

Armory Equipment - Shock Trooper Guard Reserve - Empire Faction
(Click here to view LARGER image) - More Info: Empire Guard Reserve Anti-vehicle - Shock Trooper

Let the discussion begin...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#2 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:13 pm

This works for me, I just hope the shock troopers target vehicles.

If these go in the regular frag pool, I'll just need about a month of hd's to max this one out.
Last edited by Boog on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolGuy
Commodore

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Woohoo - Rebels finally get a good Guard Reserve.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Total horseshit. They are already at Level 4000 for all the Imps while I have to struggle to get by.

But at least a good sign of good faith.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#5 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:35 pm

Midge wrote:Total horseshit. They are already at Level 4000 for all the Imps while I have to struggle to get by.

Don't forget imp snipers do 50% more damage to infantry. ;)
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:36 pm

NOTICE: 2-Week Event For New Guard Reserve

No "details" yet but expect the new Event to start this week following the end of the current Undead Offensive Event.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Midge is right. While giving Rebels sharpshooter GR is a token move, it's not anything to get excited about. The Rebel sharpshooter multiplier isn't as good as the Imperial sniper multiplier. Still, it'll be interesting to see if the Sullustan skin makes it amount to anything. I'll be curious to see Imperial reactions to this news. No doubt, they're probably thrilled to _death_ about finally getting the OP vanguard equivalent. :-)
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~152,000 medals. Newborn Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 29. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

LosVega
Major General

Post#8 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:53 pm

Okay so the obvious questions are:

Is this in addition to what is already in place? If not, which GR is it replacing?

Yes, imperial snipers have a greater multiplier against infantry but doesn't the reb sharpshooter have a greater multiplier against mech?

I'm in agreement with the opinion of this change being a token move at this point in the game. Thus begins another pendulum swing..........
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#9 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Awesome! I can't wait to unlock it!!!

And they did not remove the 26% (188 vs 162) higher damage Armory Equipment bonus that Jets have over Jumps!

I just noticed this:
It looks like the base Calculated Damage (from https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/) Jets is much higher than Jumps as well at 2592 vs 1813 at Prestige!

Calculated Damage X Armory Bonus
2592 X 1.88 = 4872.96
1813 X 1.62 = 2937.06
4872.96 / 2937.06 = 1.65

So max level Rebel Jets do 65% more damage than Imperial Jumps!!! (and 26% more health)

Jets crush Jumps!

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#10 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Midge wrote:Total horseshit. They are already at Level 4000 for all the Imps while I have to struggle to get by.

Two words: hero defense. It should be quick to get to L4-5. Anything higher than that is tough for everyone.

Return to “General Discussions”