Data Miners - Where Have The Events Gone?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Commodore

Data Miners - Where Have The Events Gone?

Post#1 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 pm

As I made comment in another thread, the Events breathed a new life into this game and provided a different way to grind for wanted frags and troop samples. For me, if Events have been canned then it's just about game over.

DeathStriker

Re: Data Miners - Where Have The Events Gone?

Post#2 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:57 am

CoolGuy wrote:As I made comment in another thread, the Events breathed a new life into this game and provided a different way to grind for wanted frags and troop samples. For me, if Events have been canned then it's just about game over.

CoolGuy - I have no "Official News" but I am still expecting to see SWC Events return after Zygna takes full control in the near future.

I, like a lot of other Players are holding our breath waiting to see what happens once Zygna is fully running the show.

AND SO... the current word is "Patience"...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:18 am

Yes, if SWC you play, patience you must have... My theory is what I have already said in other topics why we have not been having any events since two months - coincidentally with the Prestige introduction and the change of command to Zynga:

I think Devs are rebuilding the event system to adjust it to the new Prestige Level - there wasn't any "new" Event (new storyline) just reruns of previous Events prior to the introduction of the Prestige. Possibly they are adjusting the research time, number of missions and objectives to be viable and playable by Prestige players - plus a way to gain more crystals, of course.

I do not want to have to destroy 300 turrets to finish an Event or win 1,200 EP for only one Bonus Crate. I hope the Zynga Devs are more creative and better than the Disney ones. Otherwise, if we have no more Events, they can close the SWC's coffin because game is dead.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

LosVega
Major General

Post#4 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:31 am

Hopefully they do adjust EP events for prestige bases but also review the current state of the game since taking over. Loot heavy dev bases are great, everybody is upgrading something but not much really happening at the moment. I looked at the conflict leaderboards and notice how one's faction dominates depending on which planet you are on. Maybe not a big deal right now since it's still early in the latest conflict but once it's done, what is going to be the new norm?
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#5 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:51 am

They have to code something for EP events to function with prestige bases. If it wasn't in the pipeline before Disney sold to Zynga, we might have to wait for a very long time.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#6 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Shelendil wrote:They have to code something for EP events to function with prestige bases. If it wasn't in the pipeline before Disney sold to Zynga, we might have to wait for a very long time.

Nice and succinct. +1
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

CoolGuy
Commodore

Post#7 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:51 pm

3.5 days to go on this conflict - then maybe we will start to see something really useful.

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#8 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:58 pm

Like what? Pumpkins for sale on street corners?

Looking through the available units, it feels like we could see the T2B frags again, or maybe jets again. Though Vanguards/Shocks, Kessen, and A-Wing/Bombers have Prestige now. A galactic war for the classic units for the new frag level with a holiday Crystal sale could take us through Thanksgiving.

Anyone else hear Yoda saying, “Always thinking of the future. Never his mind on where he is on what he is doing...” ?
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~43k Deka/o: 31/23 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

CoolGuy
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Ignoring the above sarcasm, normally with less than two days in a conflict remaining we would have heard some new information. The lack of information is worrying and to me indicates that there are no new conflicts or events coming up - perhaps due to the change in ownership.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:35 pm

If it's a repeat of something we've already had, there typically won't be more than a day's advance notice.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Return to “General Discussions”