Cost to complete units has skyrocketed

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Toydarian
Captain

Re: Cost to complete units has skyrocketed

Post#21 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Richaldo wrote:Haha I pride myself on minimal air... for some reason when i'm hammered I seem to use it all... I watched one replay in which I used tie strikers on my troops instead of health ships hahahah!!!

Drunk Gaming FTW

Classic ....goof! Me too, minimal air, no SC stuff. But I claim to be the galaxy expert in blowing up sand with my A-wing!!
So, new thread needed.....Your worst SWC moment after that beer/wine/scotch, whatever, that you should have left in the fridge!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 49)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

TNT
Major General

Post#22 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:11 am

Man, I feel like, just to drive my point home further, I should dig up the thread where people were saying we needed to be thankful for the whales paying for this and quote them here.

This is the bullshit you get when people pay for bad game design and as long as people keep paying for bad game design the design will only get worse.

I'll probably upgrade a single barracks to Prestige and leave it at that. For PVP prestige isn't worth it anyway thanks to the broken as hell Armory.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#23 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:21 am

Toydarian wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Haha I pride myself on minimal air... for some reason when i'm hammered I seem to use it all... I watched one replay in which I used tie strikers on my troops instead of health ships hahahah!!!

Drunk Gaming FTW

Classic ....goof! Me too, minimal air, no SC stuff. But I claim to be the galaxy expert in blowing up sand with my A-wing!!
So, new thread needed.....Your worst SWC moment after that beer/wine/scotch, whatever, that you should have left in the fridge!

hahahaha

This thread has actually brought me more joy from this game than anything in weeks!!!!

Game on!!!!! See you at the bar ... or battlefield... or both...!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#24 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:33 am

I usually consider myself a better attacker when sipping my wine. And sometimes it even pays off, I did a few Kessen-go-lucky shots on tough bases last Thursday I wouldn't even consider attacking at all when drinking coffee ;-)

That being said…

Maybe it is not all bad the new crystal prices for instant prestige unit spamming. It slows down gameplay for free-to-players like me to be able to catch up a bit... AND maybe even better, it will seriously hamper macro players spamming hundreds of attacks every day in conflicts, unless they are willing to pay crazy amounts for a macro play...
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#25 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:38 am

Lol, still blaming people who spend money on a game THEY enjoy playing is fucking almost as ridiculous as the prestige costs.

Simply don't level up your SCommand or all your rax/fax. I think it is ridiculous, exploitative and total bullshit.

But I am still not going to blame people who spend money on what THEY enjoy because YOU don't want to.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#26 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:05 pm

Midge wrote:Lol, still blaming people who spend money on a game THEY enjoy playing is fucking almost as ridiculous as the prestige costs.

Simply don't level up your SCommand or all your rax/fax. I think it is ridiculous, exploitative and total bullshit.

But I am still not going to blame people who spend money on what THEY enjoy because YOU don't want to.

Truth. As far as I see, "Free players" carry an equal burden in this argument of 'validating the game's buggy design'. If you really want to protest because you feel the game's too buggy, stop playing.

Regarding the crystal cost explosion, shameless devs. Only hack is what has already been proposed.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

TNT
Major General

Post#27 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:35 am

Midge wrote:Lol, still blaming people who spend money on a game THEY enjoy playing is fucking almost as ridiculous as the prestige costs.

You should never blame them for doing something they enjoy.
That's not what I'm saying. But you should never thank them either. That's such a mindbogglingly stupid and shortsighted notion.

You can try and point them the hole they're digging for themselves and others and how they could be having the same level of enjoyment without paying if they had never paid as much in the first place. In fact, it might even be more fun as there would be more players.
It might even be more fun because as the devs don't have to introduce expensive useless crap to get money from your wallet they might spend more time fixing the bugs to make the game better for everyone.
(lots of mights)

But it's their money and in the end if you want to pay than that's your choice. And to be fair, if something is fun, it's worth paying for.

But just to be clear you can't hold it against the devs either. They see easy money, so they take the people for a ride and get easy money.

It's a cycle. As long as A says A, B will always be B. Want a better game, break the cycle. Simple as that.

They're not going to break it.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#28 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:38 am

TNT wrote:

You should never blame them for doing something they enjoy.
That's not what I'm saying. But you should never thank them either. That's such a mindbogglingly stupid and shortsighted notion.a

You can try and point them the hole they're digging for themselves and others and how they could be having the same level of enjoyment without paying if they had never paid as much in the first place. In fact, it might even be more fun as there would be more players.
It might even be more fun because as the devs don't have to introduce expensive useless crap to get money from your wallet they might spend more time fixing the bugs to make the game better for everyone.
(lots of mights)

But it's their money and in the end if you want to pay than that's your choice. And to be fair, if something is fun, it's worth paying for.

But just to be clear you can't hold it against the devs either. They see easy money, so they take the people for a ride and get easy money.

It's a cycle. As long as A says A, B will always be B. Want a better game, break the cycle. Simple as that.

They're not going to break it.

Easy money? Then how come they can't earn in a year what other Tower Defense games earn in a week?

They are just desperately trying to find a way to keep the game afloat. It is not about "ripping people off" it is about finding the right balance of steady revenue to keep the app viable.

If they think that the very small percentage of wallet warriors willing to pay for prestige units outweighs the large percentage of freeloader crybabies who play a game for three years and whine about $50 over THREE years ... then ... actually ... it is a very smart move.

And Jesus, if you hate the game so much ... seriously ... WTF ... delete it.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#29 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:01 am

The game should have an option to downgrade units and buildings.

I am thankful for the information in the forum, so I can prevent myself from being stuck, not able to use saved crystals to get quick load in war attacks.

Dev should reduce the crystal cost to a reasonable level. If it's too expensive, they'd lose the revenue from the mass.

War is when I use crystals to finish load early to get attacks in after we capture the outposts. Now, if the cost is too high, I will not use crystals, period, and the game won't get any money from me.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#30 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:56 am

DarkRebel wrote:The game should have an option to downgrade units and buildings.

I am thankful for the information in the forum, so I can prevent myself from being stuck, not able to use saved crystals to get quick load in war attacks.

Dev should reduce the crystal cost to a reasonable level. If it's too expensive, they'd lose the revenue from the mass.

War is when I use crystals to finish load early to get attacks in after we capture the outposts. Now, if the cost is too high, I will not use crystals, period, and the game won't get any money from me.

They don't care if they get money from you. They only need ONE person to crystal to pay for 8 who have decided they won't. That is what they are trying to figure out.

Return to “General Discussions”