GALACTIC CONFLICT - Undead Offensive - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TNT
Major General

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Undead Offensive - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 am

devs: "We care about game balance! Look we buffed the spider bot. Now buy crystals to grind for it!"

I do look forward to the undead HD. A change of pace is always welcome.

Even if (once again) it's lopsided in the empires favor. One of the sides can deploy endless buffed snipers who will one shot the undead and soften up the rest with random airstrikes and the other side has guys with rockets who shoot once every second and need a dozen shots to kill them.

Fix the Rodian Snipers Guard Reserve Devs!
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

Euph
Admiral

Post#12 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:03 am

I swear one of these days I'm going to see one of you guys complaining about rodians under a Trump tweet.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#13 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:04 am

Euph wrote:I swear one of these days I'm going to see one of you guys complaining about rodians under a Trump tweet.

hahahah this sir has made my day!!!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

shazahm1
Captain

Post#14 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 am

Can we stop complaining about the Rodian GR buff??? There are definitely issues like we got Vader and you got the comedy duo. But after the nerfs to the Sniper GR there simply is no difference when stacking the Rodian buff vs using the Dewback GR.

I stopped using the Rodian buff and D in favor of the Deback GR.

Guess what the result was... nothing.

The win/loss rate on D stayed the same. The Dewbacks slow down the Jets down significantly letting the bursts do the damage.

Perhaps an argument can be made about Sniper GR vs Vans GR, but in watching my replays it does not appear the sniper GR ever has the chance to do any damage as they are killed quickly. Now, my sniper den in the SC that is a different story when backed with a med droid. With and without the Rodian buff thos do some pretty good damage. Guess what, the rebs can do the same with their SC. So that is balanced.

Like I said, I do agree there does seem to be some Imp advantages, but the Rodian simply is not one.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 am

shazahm1 wrote:Can we stop complaining about the Rodian GR buff??? There are definitely issues like we got Vader and you got the comedy duo. But after the nerfs to the Sniper GR there simply is no difference when stacking the Rodian buff vs using the Dewback GR.

I stopped using the Rodian buff and D in favor of the Deback GR.

Guess what the result was... nothing.

The win/loss rate on D stayed the same. The Dewbacks slow down the Jets down significantly letting the bursts do the damage.

Perhaps an argument can be made about Sniper GR vs Vans GR, but in watching my replays it does not appear the sniper GR ever has the chance to do any damage as they are killed quickly. Now, my sniper den in the SC that is a different story when backed with a med droid. With and without the Rodian buff thos do some pretty good damage. Guess what, the rebs can do the same with their SC. So that is balanced.

Like I said, I do agree there does seem to be some Imp advantages, but the Rodian simply is not one.

+ 1000.

Any rebel attacking my base will fail miserably if they insist in using only buffed Jets; while jets are busy with my GR (I use MHCs, Rodians and Dewbacks) and buildings, they are killed by my buffed Burst and Sonics like flies -- anyone can scout my base and see my layout is for HD adapted for PvP.

Keep arguing about Imp GR x Rebel GR will lead us to nowhere, like in the past. Rodians aren't a problem anymore (in GR or SC), but Bursts are, and when you have a layout for defense and good units in SC, you can turn any rebel life in a hell.

As Rebel, I skip Burst farms most of the time when I see that the layout is like a killing trap. As Imperial is hard as hell for me to attack a high level Rebel base with High level GR and buffed Jets in SC, and most of the time I lose the attack, or get a miserably star thanks for deploying Vader and his friends in the middle of the base and bombing everything I can.

Any Rebels still complaining about Imp GR or wanting easy targets, can attack Dev bases now. There are many other units needing a good buff, and old units. There's still a huge imbalance between Imperial heroes and Rebel heroes for a long time. Why Luke didn't get a buff so far? WHY???

I just wanted to know if we willl have any increase in damage for the Undeads after upgrade the Barracks to Prestige. And Devs, bring the Undead Scout Trooper back!
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#16 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:30 am

The issue for rebel, my understanding, is not just a single thing:
- With buffed walls, and GR troops, the only one viable load is jet/jumps (except on Hoth). You want your troops to move fast, and be generalists so that they will take on any GR troops on the way, and destroy barracks/factories before the 2nd/3rd waves.
- But if you go only with jets/jumps and you run into a flashing burst farm, or flashing bursts + sonics, your chance is not very good as burst has 140 damage multiplier against flying troops, in addition to the armory boost.
- So you are stuck.

But rebels do not realize that it's the similar problem for IMP attackers. IMP needs jumps to counter GR troops, but IMP jumps are not good against buffed bursts or buffed bursts + sonics.

The difference here is that when rebels face planted, they saw rodian snipers as the main culprit, and when IMP face planted, it's because of the endless troop spawning (so there is no one single thing), and bursts and sonics.

If these same rebel players who complained about rodian snipers could attack a tough rebel base with flashing burst and barracks, then they'd complain about .... something else.

Attacking a fully armory equipped base is tough, on both sides, and you need SC and air to do it. Healships are needed to heal jets/jumps.

Now, if you can take out the SC with Kessen, then your chance of winning at least 1 star is pretty good. If you miss the SC, then take a deep breath as those SC rodian snipers and bikes (AvA) can really kill you.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#17 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 pm

Euph wrote:I swear one of these days I'm going to see one of you guys complaining about rodians under a Trump tweet.

Euph! I laughed out loud, my friend.

For my part, I don't disagree with any of the posts so far.

I said the perceived imbalance is unhelpful to the game, whatever the wider game statistics show (which the devs haven't shared with us). Justice must not just be done to each faction, it needs to be seen to be done. This GR inequality is desperately unhelpful for that.

As for the comments by others re the state of the game, I also agree that BOTH factions buffs and the burst turret adjustment need to be nerfed, if not super-nerfed.

If attacks need full load outs + SC + air (which at level 10) can include a 2 hours cook time, something has gone wrong with the game. The vast majority of players are not going to crystal all attacks so that they can have a chance of winning them.

A game that you can only play for 2 minutes every 2 hours is not going to be very commercially successful. In the intervening 2 hours while the air power cooks, there are many other things that can fill the intervening hours, including other games.

Dev bases are only available on limited planets at present, at least for the Rebel faction. I had been finding dev bases on Hoth with ease. Today I have not found any. During one scouting session, I saw the bases I had passed on being offered up to me again and again.

But this misses the point. If the majority of players need to hit dev bases to attack successfully and frequently, then something has gone wrong with the game.

Perhaps the 'balance' debate should be about attacking success versus defending success.

I would strongly argue that there should be a strong emphasis on attacking, with successful defences being much much harder to achieve (if not very hard). After all, attacking happens when customers are playing the game, and potentially spending money on crystals to attack more frequently because attacking is fun and viable. Defending is what happens when the customer base is off line, and possibly playing another game.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#18 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:35 pm

And for what it's worth, I would also like to see a return of the undead scouts. They were my favourite undead trooper too!
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#19 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:21 pm

@ Deathstriker. Any chance of banning any comments which spiral off into imbalance rants. Would be nice to see each thread staying on track to the subject in hand
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

DeathStriker

Post#20 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:27 pm

sgu97cab wrote:@ Deathstriker. Any chance of banning any comments which spiral off into imbalance rants. Would be nice to see each thread staying on track to the subject in hand

sgu97cab - I try to not be too heavy handed with my Moderation but you are CORRECT.

EVERYONE: The Topic is GALACTIC CONFLICT - Undead Offensive.

Comments should be focused on the Event Units being offered both Pro and Con.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”