Naval Officer or Imperial Pilot

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ender1994

Naval Officer or Imperial Pilot

Post#1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:26 pm

For the current event, any thoughts on the Naval Officer vs. Imperial Pilot. I can upgrade my Imperial Pilot or unlock the Naval Officer...but is he useful? On Hoth rn so that would be the Naval Officer. Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

Ps- Did the cost of upgrading walls go down significantly?

SpaceDandy
Captain

Re: Naval Officer or Imperial Pilot

Post#2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Can't help on the imperial unit frag choice as I'm on the rebel side of things, but yes, the cost of walls is now 10% of what it was pre-prestige update
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Euph
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:46 pm

Both are good, so if you've already got the pilot I'd say go for the Officer. He syncs well with TX tanks and does a ton of damage (the star destroyer strike itself is underwhelming, but his pistol is a freakin' cannon). He has lots of health so you can use him as a bait unit for SC troops too. If you've got astromedics unlocked they make him even better.

And yeah, the price of walls went down by about 10 times when they released Prestige a couple of weeks ago.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Get the officer for sure. One cool thing is that on some bases you can drop him far from turrets, and he'll take out dekas and gr troops before locking onto turrets.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Naval officer.

GeneralTosh
Captain

Post#6 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Is the Naval Officer any good in Heroic Defence?

Member of ELITE_UNITED
Join us for DAILY WARS

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#7 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 am

GeneralTosh wrote:Is the Naval Officer any good in Heroic Defence?

I use The Red Guard in combination with Kessen and eATAT on HD and yes he is pretty good for HD. I like him better than Vader as he does not require extra attention once dropped.
In PvP The Naval Officer is my second/third choice these days after ATACT, vying with Kessen. Against live bases Kessen is better, against big loot big guns spread out dev bases the NO is maybe even better than the ATACT due to his speed, especially backed by medics
Proud to be a member of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many longtime high-level players, (semi-)active or retired, OP or NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#8 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:32 am

Everything else being equal, unlock a new equipment would give you better bang for the buck than upgrade existing equipment one level.

Return to “General Discussions”