Nescib wrote:Hi Guys,
Does anyone know the definition and the deference of “Displayed damage per second(DDPS)” and “Calculated damage per second(CDPS)”, as the values of Prestige Level(lvl11) Jetpack and Heavy soldier’s DDPS are insane!
According to the swcpy data,
DDPS Jetpack lvl10=1680
DDPS Jetpack lvl11=8438 (insane!!!!!)
CDPS Jetpack lvl10=1680
CDPS Jetpack lvl10=1814 (reasonable...)
How the lvl11 DDPS effects to the real damage?Appreciated if someone could advise the meaning of DDPS and CDPS and what happens in this case.
Many thanks in advance!!
I can, since I authored the pages.
As Death Striker said, the DDPS is... what is displayed. It is nothing more. It sometimes is the same as the CDPS. But it is adjusted for various things.
- There is an area of effect (so the DDPS is increased because there is a probability of hitting several targets)
- There is a special effect (poison-like) (DDPS is increased)
- There is a really long waiting time between shots, that is not accounted for
- There is group shot (case of the air attacks)
- The developers don't know their own formula (happens a lot)
The *current* formula I use is :
- CDPS = damage_per_cycle / cycle_duration
- salvos = shot_count / number_of_simultaneous_shots (with some heuristics that, AFAIK, are ok).
- cycle_duration = charge_time + shot_delay * salvos + animation_delay * salvos + reload_time + cooldown_time
- cycle_duration = charge_time + shot_delay * (salvos-1) + reload_time + cooldown_time (the shot_delay was thought to happen only between shots, not before the first)
- cycle_duration = charge_time + shot_delay * salvos + reload_time + cooldown_time (the animation_delay was ignored)
This formula is still debatable, but it is solid enough.