Displayed Damage and Calculated Damage Values

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lurker
Captain

Re: Displayed damage and Calculated damage value

Post#11 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:20 am

Nescib wrote:Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the definition and the deference of “Displayed damage per second(DDPS)” and “Calculated damage per second(CDPS)”, as the values of Prestige Level(lvl11) Jetpack and Heavy soldier’s DDPS are insane!

According to the swcpy data,

DDPS Jetpack lvl10=1680
DDPS Jetpack lvl11=8438 (insane!!!!!)

CDPS Jetpack lvl10=1680
CDPS Jetpack lvl10=1814 (reasonable...)

How the lvl11 DDPS effects to the real damage?Appreciated if someone could advise the meaning of DDPS and CDPS and what happens in this case.

Many thanks in advance!!
Cheers,

I can, since I authored the pages.

As Death Striker said, the DDPS is... what is displayed. It is nothing more. It sometimes is the same as the CDPS. But it is adjusted for various things.

• There is an area of effect (so the DDPS is increased because there is a probability of hitting several targets)
  • There is a special effect (poison-like) (DDPS is increased)
  • There is a really long waiting time between shots, that is not accounted for
  • There is group shot (case of the air attacks)
  • The developers don't know their own formula (happens a lot)
The CDPS is computed from the real unit stats, the ones that matter game-wise. However, if the unit stats are clear, the formula that links them is mostly guesswork. It was adjusted twice in the past.

The *current* formula I use is :

• CDPS = damage_per_cycle / cycle_duration
  • salvos = shot_count / number_of_simultaneous_shots (with some heuristics that, AFAIK, are ok).
  • cycle_duration = charge_time + shot_delay * salvos + animation_delay * salvos + reload_time + cooldown_time
The two modifications were on cycle_duration :
  • cycle_duration = charge_time + shot_delay * (salvos-1) + reload_time + cooldown_time (the shot_delay was thought to happen only between shots, not before the first)
  • cycle_duration = charge_time + shot_delay * salvos + reload_time + cooldown_time (the animation_delay was ignored)

This formula is still debatable, but it is solid enough.
Data miner

DeathStriker

Post#12 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:35 am

lurker wrote:

Does anyone know the definition and the deference of “Displayed damage per second(DDPS)” and “Calculated damage per second(CDPS)”, as the values of Prestige Level(lvl11) Jetpack and Heavy soldier’s DDPS are insane!

I can, since I authored the pages. ...

lurker - Thanks for posting! :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Josketer
Commodore

Post#13 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:25 am

Perfect ! So there is no bug in the information provided about the prestige level jets.. Thanks !!
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 19--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Nescib
Storm Trooper

Re: Displayed Damage and Calculated Damage Values

Post#14 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:13 am

Dear lurker,

Thanks a lot for your perfect explanation!!!
Now I understand the logic of the values and each parameters.

.....With regard to the swcpy page which you are creating, I love it!
Thanks again for your great works and contributions for us!!!
Cheers,
Squad Name: Asura(Main), JPNAsura(Sub)
Officer of the Rebel Squad, Japan

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#15 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:22 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
lurker wrote:

I can, since I authored the pages. ...

lurker - Thanks for posting! :D

Fantastic and thank you! I actually love the numbers side of this game... which is why the OP GR and Buffed Jets take a lot of the joy out of the game for me. What difference does a minor advantage of using Y Wings over X Wings for sniping the SC make when the Jetpackers are all that really matters in the end (and avoiding skinned Rodians)?
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Return to “General Discussions”