GALACTIC CONFLICT - Naval Assault #4 - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
AlaricSkywalker
Commander

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Naval Assault #4 - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:04 am

Gooner wrote:
AlaricSkywalker wrote:Was hoping it would be an opportunity to upgrade Chewie and the sullustan as well, but then again, it'd also be nice to get at least two more levels on my pilots as it'll be one unit I can get closer to prestige. Besides, I'm sure I'll get datafrags for the other two as I do this. Anyhow, I wonder what they'll do next?
Pity it's not like the other Events instead of conflicts would be so much easier to upgrade the skins from the bonus crates you get once you've finished the event still it's gotta be better than grinding for 40 samples of Rancors that i'm unable to unlock lol

True. Anyhow, do you think we'll get an event point event after this naval assault event? I'd like to get the datafrags to tap out my vanguard, a-wing, kessen, hawks, and at-rt so I can focus on tapping out the elite at-te and get to work on the spider droid hero and demo droid, plus whatever else is available to upgrade.

Gooner
Commander

Post#12 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:11 am

AlaricSkywalker wrote:
Gooner wrote:
AlaricSkywalker wrote:Was hoping it would be an opportunity to upgrade Chewie and the sullustan as well, but then again, it'd also be nice to get at least two more levels on my pilots as it'll be one unit I can get closer to prestige. Besides, I'm sure I'll get datafrags for the other two as I do this. Anyhow, I wonder what they'll do next?
Pity it's not like the other Events instead of conflicts would be so much easier to upgrade the skins from the bonus crates you get once you've finished the event still it's gotta be better than grinding for 40 samples of Rancors that i'm unable to unlock lol

True. Anyhow, do you think we'll get an event point event after this naval assault event? I'd like to get the datafrags to tap out my vanguard, a-wing, kessen, hawks, and at-rt so I can focus on tapping out the elite at-te and get to work on the spider droid hero and demo droid, plus whatever else is available to upgrade.
Hopefully we do get an Event so you can get your goals sorted I'm done with all those units apart from that spider hero which is not that great anyway i tend to use it purely on Heroic defences as it's no use in normal pvp battles the great thing about those event's is I've managed to get the senator leia skin up to level 8 on the green planets now she's deadly my hero of choice for those planets hopefully you can get these units you're after to where you don't need to grind for them ;)

AlaricSkywalker
Commander

Post#13 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:23 pm

Gooner wrote:
AlaricSkywalker wrote:
Gooner wrote: Pity it's not like the other Events instead of conflicts would be so much easier to upgrade the skins from the bonus crates you get once you've finished the event still it's gotta be better than grinding for 40 samples of Rancors that i'm unable to unlock lol

Hopefully we do get an Event so you can get your goals sorted I'm done with all those units apart from that spider hero which is not that great anyway i tend to use it purely on Heroic defences as it's no use in normal pvp battles the great thing about those event's is I've managed to get the senator leia skin up to level 8 on the green planets now she's deadly my hero of choice for those planets hopefully you can get these units you're after to where you don't need to grind for them ;)

I'm with you there on the spider droid hero being reserved for heroic defenses. In fact, before prestige came to town, the elite at-te had only 11 more frags to go before it could be tapped out. Still, all this changes is that, next event point event, I'll have to get 32 frags of the 5 other units to complete it. Thankfully mercenaries don't have prestige levels (for now anyway), otherwise it would be an additional 32 frags for the togs to clear before I could really grind on the event units.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:11 pm

I love the Naval Units, they are the best units released after the Rogue One Units. But why a 2 week conflict and not another Naval Event like the previous one? Did Disney abandon Events and is making players grind for conflicts again?

With Prestige, now all my Imperial Elite units must be max out again, this includes my Pilot that is Level 10. My Rodians are 55/100 to Level 7 and Naval Officer is 42/130 to Level 8... Too much frags.

I think I'm going to these conflicts only with my Rebel HQ 10, while I need only 1 frag of 49/50 for Sullustan Level 5 (never used them btw) and I am 88/100 for Chewie/Falcon to Level 7, my Pilot is 4/32 to Level 8. Good chances of getting what I need.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

AlaricSkywalker
Commander

Post#15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:44 pm

mkenobi wrote:I love the Naval Units, they are the best units released after the Rogue One Units. But why a 2 week conflict and not another Naval Event like the previous one? Did Disney abandon Events and is making players grind for conflicts again?

With Prestige, now all my Imperial Elite units must be max out again, this includes my Pilot that is Level 10. My Rodians are 55/100 to Level 7 and Naval Officer is 42/130 to Level 8... Too much frags.

I think I'm going to these conflicts only with my Rebel HQ 10, while I need only 1 frag of 49/50 for Sullustan Level 5 (never used them btw) and I am 88/100 for Chewie/Falcon to Level 7, my Pilot is 4/32 to Level 8. Good chances of getting what I need.

It's possible they're deciding how to do the event point events since, well, level 10s prior to prestige had a lot to grind for. If they scaled prestige the same way, assuming it stays that way, the only way they'd be able to at least complete the main story is to hit everything perfect every time, and pretty much play 24/7. Besides, I think they're looking over prior data to get some ideas down. I'm sure we'll get something before the year ends. Heck, any one of my ideas could be the next event. Who knows. Either that, or they don't want the bug with the animal beacon screwing over anyone trying to complete their objectives.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:54 pm

AlaricSkywalker wrote:It's possible they're deciding how to do the event point events since, well, level 10s prior to prestige had a lot to grind for. If they scaled prestige the same way, assuming it stays that way, the only way they'd be able to at least complete the main story is to hit everything perfect every time, and pretty much play 24/7. Besides, I think they're looking over prior data to get some ideas down. I'm sure we'll get something before the year ends. Heck, any one of my ideas could be the next event. Who knows. Either that, or they don't want the bug with the animal beacon screwing over anyone trying to complete their objectives.

I was thinking about this. Fix all bugs of this last update must be a priority now.

Maybe with the Prestige Level bringing old and maxed out players back to the game, and now that loot is not a problem in the game for upgrading to the Prestige stuff, the Devs are now making some changes in the Event system to make Events playable to all, specially for those at Level 10 that now need to max out all units again and are reaching or already reached the Prestige Level. Something like less EP, less attacks to earn EP, maybe less units in the Bonus Crates, adjusting the research time and Objectives, maybe a new storyline and one or two new units to make the next Event atractive to all.

The current Event system is playable only to HQ 8s and below or higher level players running mini bases.

But I am waiting for some Event to start on November, because I believe we will have 1 or 2 Weeks of Undeads after these 2 week conflicts.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

AlaricSkywalker
Commander

Post#17 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:43 pm

mkenobi wrote:
AlaricSkywalker wrote:It's possible they're deciding how to do the event point events since, well, level 10s prior to prestige had a lot to grind for. If they scaled prestige the same way, assuming it stays that way, the only way they'd be able to at least complete the main story is to hit everything perfect every time, and pretty much play 24/7. Besides, I think they're looking over prior data to get some ideas down. I'm sure we'll get something before the year ends. Heck, any one of my ideas could be the next event. Who knows. Either that, or they don't want the bug with the animal beacon screwing over anyone trying to complete their objectives.

I was thinking about this. Fix all bugs of this last update must be a priority now.

Maybe with the Prestige Level bringing old and maxed out players back to the game, and now that loot is not a problem in the game for upgrading to the Prestige stuff, the Devs are now making some changes in the Event system to make Events playable to all, specially for those at Level 10 that now need to max out all units again and are reaching or already reached the Prestige Level. Something like less EP, less attacks to earn EP, maybe less units in the Bonus Crates, adjusting the research time and Objectives, maybe a new storyline and one or two new units to make the next Event atractive to all.

The current Event system is playable only to HQ 8s and below or higher level players running mini bases.

But I am waiting for some Event to start on November, because I believe we will have 1 or 2 Weeks of Undeads after these 2 week conflicts.

It's highly possible we'll get the zombies during this event as well. No way of knowing. Still, at least we agree on this. Anyhow, I hope the next event will be either a new one that will really be helpful (maybe something that adds onto the infantry bus' and blue unit gear) or a returning event that has become a favorite (my hopes, if this is the case, is for Rogue One to return, for I've almost tapped out the Drabatan, I can get my fangs to level 5 at least, and I can get my stolen tanks closer to tapping out *around level 6 and can at least get to level 7*). Also hoping to be able to finish the vanguard, a-wing, hawks, kessen, at-rt, and ithorians, along with elite at-te, spider droid hero, and demo droid.

DeathStriker

Post#18 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:47 pm

mkenobi wrote:The current Event system is playable only to HQ 8s and below or higher level players running mini bases.

ACTUALLY... As a Max HQ 10 I did well in recent SWC Events but again that was from doing non-stop Playing... no casual Player can make it to the Elite Crates where the "real rewards" were found.

mkenobi wrote:But I am waiting for some Event to start on November, because I believe we will have 1 or 2 Weeks of Undeads after these 2 week conflicts.

I like your enthusiasm. Perhaps, as a surprise this year they will bring out a "new variation" of the Sickness Event.

One can dream can't they... LOL :lol:

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

AlaricSkywalker
Commander

Post#19 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:52 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
mkenobi wrote:The current Event system is playable only to HQ 8s and below or higher level players running mini bases.

ACTUALLY... As a Max HQ 10 I did well in recent SWC Events but again that was from doing non-stop Playing... no casual Player can make it to the Elite Crates where the "real rewards" were found.

mkenobi wrote:But I am waiting for some Event to start on November, because I believe we will have 1 or 2 Weeks of Undeads after these 2 week conflicts.

I like your enthusiasm. Perhaps, as a surprise this year they will bring out a "new variation" of the Sickness Event.

One can dream can't they... LOL :lol:

Perhaps they are. Maybe they're doing a small 2 week event point system to allow us to get at least 2 levels on the spider droid hero while offering the naval assault units as a reward for the corresponding conflicts, as we fight zombies in the heroic defense. As I recall, last event point event did a similar move by rewarding vanguard, tognath, dragatan, and one other unit datafrags. That's just a hypothesis. Don't quote me on it (actually, you can, but know that it's just a theory based on what you just said). Either way, when we get to the zombies, this will be my first time possibly using jets against them.

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#20 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:15 pm

I am liking the timing here, this will end at the perfect time for a Sickness event to run for two weeks! It is probably too much to hope, but maybe they will create an EP event with the undead.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

Return to “General Discussions”