Best Order to Upgrade Prestige Buildings

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
sgu97cab
Major General

Re: Best Order to Upgrade Prestige Buildings

Post#11 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:04 pm

I think it may be more valuable to upgrade unit transports before SC, each get +4 UC, versus SC +2. Yes the +2 will improve your defense 6 instead of 5 x 7UC units, but having an extra 4UC in your loadout will be great for wars.

Also, can someone clarify, is the Strix upgraded by prestige droid only or by regular worker droids?
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:13 pm

sgu97cab wrote:I think it may be more valuable to upgrade unit transports before SC, each get +4 UC, versus SC +2. Yes the +2 will improve your defense 6 instead of 5 x 7UC units, but having an extra 4UC in your loadout will be great for wars.

Also, can someone clarify, is the Strix upgraded by prestige droid only or by regular worker droids?

I agree, you get 10% more troops, that's the biggest and quickest bang for the buck, imo. I'd probably do research, then transports, and then worry about the other buildings.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#13 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:33 pm

Boog wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:I think it may be more valuable to upgrade unit transports before SC, each get +4 UC, versus SC +2. Yes the +2 will improve your defense 6 instead of 5 x 7UC units, but having an extra 4UC in your loadout will be great for wars.

I agree, you get 10% more troops, that's the biggest and quickest bang for the buck, imo. I'd probably do research, then transports, and then worry about the other buildings.

I might even do transports first. Still have a few things I want to research to before starting on prestige unit upgrades.
I'm assuming since its nearly 2 weeks since prestige came out there will be many more prestige HQs in war, so will need the extra UC to get 3 uplinks, especially if they fast track their two extra turrets.
Squad - NewSithEmpire

Schruaf
Commodore

Post#14 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:18 pm

sgu97cab wrote:Also, can someone clarify, is the Strix upgraded by prestige droid only or by regular worker droids?

The Strix Beacon is upgraded and rearmed by regular worker droid.

On topic:
1, Research Lab
2, Transporters
3, SC

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#15 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:35 pm

Schruaf wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:Also, can someone clarify, is the Strix upgraded by prestige droid only or by regular worker droids?

On topic:
1, Research Lab
2, Transporters
3, SC

Awesome, thanks for confirming.
Squad - NewSithEmpire

DeathStriker

Post#16 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:12 pm

wesman21 wrote:So I am right at two days until I'll be able to upgrade prestige buildings. Has anyone come up with the best order to upgrade the remaining buildings?

Thanks for the tips

wesman21 - Thanks for starting this Topic. I was thinking doing the same thing. I am sure the info presented so far and to be presented will help those soon to be or current "Newly Minted" Gold Prestige Base Commanders. :D

Midge wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:AGAIN... each Commander can decide to Upgrade Prestige Level Structures in any order they want as there is no right or wrong but my "Recommended Start List" above is there to help others set a good "Foundation" for what comes later should they desire to use it.

Well ... yeah, the recommendations are fine, but they did not include the Rax or the Fax at all.

I would think you would want one of these right away after the Research Center so that you can actually use researched troops. THEN go to the SC.

Midge - Could you define the Terms / Abbreviations "Rax" and "Fax" as I (and perhaps others) may not know what you are referring to.

Thanks! :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#17 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:24 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Midge wrote:Well ... yeah, the recommendations are fine, but they did not include the Rax or the Fax at all.

I would think you would want one of these right away after the Research Center so that you can actually use researched troops. THEN go to the SC.

Midge - Could you define the Terms / Abbreviations "Rax" and "Fax" as I (and perhaps others) may not know what you are referring to.

Thanks! :D

I was thinking, Ren and Stimpy? :D
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#18 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:52 pm

Rax obviously refer to the barracks building, and likewise the Fax refers to the factory buildings.

In plural that can be shortened to: Barracks = Rax and Factories = Fax. simple.

… Now, if I had a dollar for every everyday word DeathStriker puts quotation marks on, I'd be full prestige 4 times over :) :)
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#19 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:05 am

One and a half days out till Prestige...
Good topic thread here.

It is a tough choice what to upgrade first (after the Strix Beacon I mean).
How many days will the Lab take? I was in such a hurry to start Prestige upgrading that I forgot to look. I think I read 5 days (which is a bargain compared to the usual upgrade times in SWC).
On the other hand, I really could use those 3 upgraded Transports in wars. 12 UC more is a lot and can mean the difference between victory and defeat, especially with Prestige bases coming out in droves in two days… And I have some L9-10 lab upgrades to perform on useful war stuff like top-notch Gammos as well.
While typing this (and shirking some administrative work I should be doing instead ;-) I think the best route for me will be Transports first while completing my last useful lab upgrades (i'll leave the Tie Bomber, IDT-ship and Med shuttle low level thanks).

On the other hand, some types of infantry get a heavy boost at prestige level...

Question, I think it has been posed before: The Strix Beacon, can it be repaired by regular droids?
If not it will be nearly useless in anything but wars...

I heard no one mention the two extra turrets. I know, they can de upgraded till 10 by regular droids but those will be strated on immediately as well. It looks like 4 of my 5 builder droids will be bsy for many weeks to come!
Proud to be a member of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many longtime high-level players, (semi-)active or retired, OP or NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken.

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#20 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:47 am

Schruaf wrote:

That should clarify, once again.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

Return to “General Discussions”