Squad Center troops do not deploy

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Diablogrunt
Commander

Squad Center troops do not deploy

Post#1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:15 am

I have been playing for a few weeks now and finally decided to delve into joining a squad. Very disappointed in the experience. Troops donated to my squad center will not deploy on either offense or defense and remain listed as full before and after I attack or am attacked. I have tried this on three different computers with an android emulator and one my android phone - none of which give the desired result. Could this be a problem with the recent update? Any suggestions on how to remedy the situation, or should I just forget squads and work on my own?

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Squad Center troops do not deploy

Post#2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 am

I rarely use SC to attack, so I've never experienced this in PVP. I don't know what can be hapenning, but during some heroic defenses I was unable to deploy my SC troops to defend my base. I click, click, click to deploy and it does nothing. It hapenned not one, or two, but several times, so I stopped request troops or trying to use SC troops only for HDs while I can win the Bronzium Crate only with Armory turrets and GR, maybe one or two heroes.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#3 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Can you post a screen shot of what is in your SC now? I am assuming you’ve tried deploying on open ground away from the edges? Sometimes near the edge deployment gets picky on your placement. Also, you need some space around the SC for troops to jump out. Big mechs like Juggernauts and AT-ATs will block deployment if there is a wall or structure blocking the exit. Troops behind the mechs get stuck in the SC.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~44k Deka/o: 34/26 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Ghost666
Major General

Post#4 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Just to be sure you get how this works.

Troops will deploy AUTOMATICALLY on defense...BUT ONLY if attacker gets within a trigger range of SC. So you should check defensive replays...if attacker got close to SC then troops should deploy and help with defense.
ALSO...if troops dont die on defense...they stay there for next defense...you can have a FULL SC after they are used assuming you didnt lose any.

There is no way to test this "manually"...you have to check defensive replays...

On offense the attack troops are deployed as a SYMBOL on the far RIGHT of the troop list. I think it is a couple weapons crossed. You select it as any unit and choose deploy position...the ENTIRE SC will deploy there. Game also adds a flag on the spot...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Ghost666
Major General

Post#5 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:30 pm

And to be complete...on HERO DEFENSE...troops defend but must be manually deployed as if they are offensive troops. Bear in mind that if SC is destroyed you cannot deploy them anymore.
They disappear at the end...wherever they survive or not...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Diablogrunt
Commander

Post#6 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:38 pm

On offense I totally understand what the symbol should look like for donated troops. It is just not there anymore. Once or twice before the update they did show up and were usable. As far as defense with the SC I understand about the perimeter that needs to be breached by attackers but was not aware of having to leave space around the SC for troops to leave. I have been first trying the offense and when they are not available there I have assumed they will also not deploy on defense. Is it possible that if there is no space around it then it will not work for the offense? I see I have some experimenting to do.

Diablogrunt
Commander

Post#7 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:34 pm

With one of my lower character games I moved the SC into the main compound and cleared 4 spaces in front (where SW facing ramp is). Received some troops and went into attack mode. No sign of the donated troops icon so I did not start the attack (hit done). Back to square one I guess.

Diablogrunt
Commander

Post#8 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 pm

For the record my non-deployment attacks are against scripted scenarios. Have not experimented yet with PVP using lower level character mentioned in my last post. My higher level character has done a few required scripted PVP's and maybe that was where I saw the deployment icon?

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Some (if not - most) of the Chapter/Scripted missions require you to only use troops provided or cooked. Some block heroes because they want you to only use the ones they provide (Kessen and Otto for Rebels)... and in some cases the SC would make it too easy. Though over time, they seem to have forgotten that and allowed the armory buffs in the Chapter Missions.

It sounds like you’re seeing expected behavior. Try a PvP battle and see if it appears correctly.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~44k Deka/o: 34/26 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#10 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:58 pm

The squad center is only deployable on offense in pvp. The squad center isn't available for use in the chapters.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Return to “General Discussions”