WTH Happened, Contraband Everywhere, Come and Have Some

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Midge
Grand Admiral

Re: WTH Happened, Contraband Everywhere, Come and Have Some

Post#31 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:46 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Midge wrote:You're a little off on risk vs. reward DarkRebel.

It can't be near even, that has what has crippled the game in the last year. The fact that attacking was so difficult that many at best only go 50/50 with it, makes it too frustrating and not worth it to them.

PvP mega games only work when attackers win a large majority of the time. I should not be able to reel off 8 defenses in a row, it is not good for the overall experience of the game, because when I am defending I am not experiencing, but those 8 attackers are experiencing negatively.

I don't know that dev bases are the answer, but getting people to log in more to attack more leads to more crystals being spent to finish research and reload troops/air and such. That leads to increased revenue.

I think they have overdone it a little here in particular with the cost of crystalling prestige units, but they have a general idea of what they are doing. I would suspect that next months revenue report will mark a real increase for the first time in nearly a year.

You went off on a tangent.
We are discussing the loots (reward) here, not about the difficulty of attacking opponent bases in PVP. There wasn’t any sigificant change, as attacking dev bases is still as easy as before and attacking real player bases is still as hard as before. Just that attacking easy dev bases is now much more rewarding than attacking real player bases.

That was the entire point though. Attacking dev bases for no loot sucked. Attacking big bases and losing sucks. So, the game lost thousands of players who just didn't want to put any time into it.

This is a shift to try and make it not suck. I was under the impression that you were arguing it is a bad thing for loot to be available, so I may be wrong if that is not the case.

I was also under the impression that you were saying the risk/reward needs to be there in attacking (meaning that you need to risk losing to gain reward) which I could be mistaken also.

I was simply pointing out that the risk/reward from the last 8-11 months has driven thousands of players from the game because winning battles was too difficult.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Ghost666
Major General

Post#32 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:17 am

Didnt find any dev base today on Tat...ended up attacking a rich human base...

As i was only looking for some alloy to rearm traps i didnt look very hard...

BUT...guessing the big economic influx may be over as the HQ upgrading is finishing for most free players ;)
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:52 pm

They are still out there all over Kit, but tougher to find on Tat for sure.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#34 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:20 pm

Ghost666 wrote:Didnt find any dev base today on Tat...ended up attacking a rich human base...

BUT...guessing the big economic influx may be over as the HQ upgrading is finishing for most free players ;)

As IMP, you don’t go to Tat to look for dev bases.
This has nothing to do with recent update, just match making.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#35 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:40 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Ghost666 wrote:Didnt find any dev base today on Tat...ended up attacking a rich human base...

I did a few attacks to refill my storages for my HQ 10 Rebel last night, and it's correct... I found only 1 of those red big rich Dev bases, and after skip more than 2 dozens of big real Imperial bases -- all full of resources, most above rank 20 (I am only rank 11) some with 80-90k contra -- I remembered to move to ErKit. My both dekas are upgrading again, my storages are filled, Prestige HQ upgrading has started for my Rebel HQ 10, all droids are working and I'm on vacation for the rest of the week with this account...

While no one is attacking no one anymore, real bases now are easy to find on all planets, even the greens when I only found Dev bases, now I can find big real rebel bases with my Imperial HQ 10. On Tatooine is hard to find dev bases now if you are Rebel, then move to ErKit if you need easy loot.

One of the Dev bases I hit was a Prestige Dev base -- my first one --, and when I triggered the Rancor trap i was expecting game to crash, but it didn't happen. A Hunter Rancor pop up, but when he started to walk to my Jets time ran out. Did they fix the Rancor trap bug?
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Harshit
Commodore

Post#36 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Just upgrading 3 shields in my both bases and again chilling out ....
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

LordWader
Commodore

Post#37 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:07 pm

I am away from the game at the moment and will be for the rest of day; just curious if the high loot dev bases are still around, or if they have ended with the completion of the Rancor event?

Schruaf
Major General

Post#38 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:11 pm

LordWader wrote:I am away from the game at the moment and will be for the rest of day; just curious if the high loot dev bases are still around, or if they have ended with the completion of the Rancor event?

still around

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#39 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Schruaf wrote:
LordWader wrote:I am away from the game at the moment and will be for the rest of day; just curious if the high loot dev bases are still around, or if they have ended with the completion of the Rancor event?

still around

I had to skip many player bases today, but found a megaloot eventually... started my 4th barracks upgrade to L10 to prepare for the Prestige upgrades needed for building my shiny new troops. Hope the Prestige level troops get gold armor too!!
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Ghost666
Major General

Post#40 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:11 am

DarkRebel wrote:

Well...when L11 arrived i found a few on Tat...not so hard at the time...

Got one yesterday...but took 20+ skips...
Moved to Takodana and much easier to find them...

All good...research lab ongoing...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Return to “General Discussions”