WTH Happened, Contraband Everywhere, Come and Have Some

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ghost666
Major General

Re: WTH Happened, Contraband Everywhere, Come and Have Some

Post#21 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:25 am

DarkRebel wrote:I do think the risk/reward has to be consistent to achieve the necessary balance in game play.

Right now, it’s not as it is more rewarding to attack easier (dev) bases, and that can’t be good long term.

It is simple to see...if this keeps long term it becomes almost a SINGLE PLAYER GAME.

I only attack humans on squad wars...hell...the ECONOMIC SMART thing to do is to avoid humans...at any level...unless you in a hurry for some reason...

As it is now the only factor slowing me down is TIME ITSELF. I dont care about being looted as i can refill in 20min. I dont care about defenses as i can smash the dev bases easily. Just a "work like" game...do my job every week and start the upgrades. Squad wars and SC are most for "honor" and "bragging rights"...no economic purpose.
Fine for me as i wasnt playing anyway...and would not play enough for the costly upgrades without the rich dev bases...
But makes no sense on a SOCIAL GAME!
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#22 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:57 am

You're a little off on risk vs. reward DarkRebel.

It can't be near even, that has what has crippled the game in the last year. The fact that attacking was so difficult that many at best only go 50/50 with it, makes it too frustrating and not worth it to them.

PvP mega games only work when attackers win a large majority of the time. I should not be able to reel off 8 defenses in a row, it is not good for the overall experience of the game, because when I am defending I am not experiencing, but those 8 attackers are experiencing negatively.

I don't know that dev bases are the answer, but getting people to log in more to attack more leads to more crystals being spent to finish research and reload troops/air and such. That leads to increased revenue.

I think they have overdone it a little here in particular with the cost of crystalling prestige units, but they have a general idea of what they are doing. I would suspect that next months revenue report will mark a real increase for the first time in nearly a year.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#23 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Midge wrote:You're a little off on risk vs. reward DarkRebel.

It can't be near even, that has what has crippled the game in the last year. The fact that attacking was so difficult that many at best only go 50/50 with it, makes it too frustrating and not worth it to them.

PvP mega games only work when attackers win a large majority of the time. I should not be able to reel off 8 defenses in a row, it is not good for the overall experience of the game, because when I am defending I am not experiencing, but those 8 attackers are experiencing negatively........

Yep Midge, with you (unusually) 100% on the points you make. When I started on the SWC journey 3 years ago (geez, that long?) I thought that defence (defense for you US guys) was the thing! After all, we do (did) embrace the arms race of upgrading our bases as quick as we could, using attacks to harvest the resources we needed.....embracing that now annoying message from the mouse after being rolled "upgrade your base to ensure success." BS. But the fun factor comes mostly from actively playing and attacking rivals, generating that sense of achievement that most of us humans thrive on. I think that sense of achievement took a bit of a knock when events were introduced. I for one could only stand any chance of getting the grand prize by grinding for dev bases, and foregoing loot that I might have got from going for real players. Whatever, each twist in the game alters the dynamic....but at least imho the latest updates have injected something positive into what was becoming a bit stale, so that cannot be all bad.

Only snag now is, I guess, a lot of us have a bunch of build droids on overtime, and smokin droideckas on their pads...good opportunity to practice with JK, eh?
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Ghost666
Major General

Post#24 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Midge wrote:I think they have overdone it a little here in particular with the cost of crystalling prestige units, but they have a general idea of what they are doing. I would suspect that next months revenue report will mark a real increase for the first time in nearly a year.

My "problem" is that if i think this trough it feels like a last "hurrah" move...

Players will happily crystal their way into L11...upgrade everything (with or without some crystals)...and then...what?

Feels that someone decided to maximize the revenue and said "who cares" when asked about PVP...

I also dont care much anyway...will robotically do my dev base attacks and the long list of upgrades...for nothing anyway (i am almost not playing)...out of pure vice i guess...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#25 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm loving the way it is now. More rebs have either left Tatooine, or matchmaking is altered, because I find it a whole lot easier to find live bases to attack. My attack log now is 10 live bases. I've been on Yavin since last night, and haven't drawn a single dev base.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#26 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Boog wrote:I'm loving the way it is now. More rebs have either left Tatooine, or matchmaking is altered, because I find it a whole lot easier to find live bases to attack. My attack log now is 10 live bases. I've been on Yavin since last night, and haven't drawn a single dev base.

With you on that. A good few of my guys have jumped their comfort zone on Tat, and are off elsewhere... a lot gone to Er’kit which used to be Reb suicide territory, but they are being more active now. Even saw a Line post exhorting Rebs to jump to Er’kit.... if only to bolster the UC pool! And concur with you too, live bases seem better matched, no pushover, but good challenging bases.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#27 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:10 pm

DeathStriker wrote: :arrow: RECOMMENDATION: If you are HQ 9+ use the Contraband to Upgrade your Luggabeasts and get that added Percentage increase to improve your use of Luggas in PvP and War Attacks.

Completely second that DS. The CB requirements for Lugga upgrades prior to the recent changes were eye watering, with overnight raids slamming the safe house. Took me an eon to get my Lugga boy up to lvl 7. He is now en route to lvl 9! Great advice man!

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#28 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:06 pm

You would have to assume the rich dev bases will shut down some time - most likely at the end of this conflict. Good encouragement for people to spend more crystals before the loot runs out.

Rebelscummer
Major General

Post#29 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:45 am

CoolGuy wrote:You would have to assume the rich dev bases will shut down some time - most likely at the end of this conflict.

I hope you're right CG, because I'm not amused. If this BS continues I'm shutting down all my accounts. 24hrs with 930K CB and no takers, WTF they've done to this game????

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#30 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:49 am

Midge wrote:You're a little off on risk vs. reward DarkRebel.

PvP mega games only work when attackers win a large majority of the time. I should not be able to reel off 8 defenses in a row, it is not good for the overall experience of the game, because when I am defending I am not experiencing, but those 8 attackers are experiencing negatively.

I don't know that dev bases are the answer, but getting people to log in more to attack more leads to more crystals being spent to finish research and reload troops/air and such. That leads to increased revenue.

I think they have overdone it a little here in particular with the cost of crystalling prestige units, but they have a general idea of what they are doing. I would suspect that next months revenue report will mark a real increase for the first time in nearly a year.

You went off on a tangent.
We are discussing the loots (reward) here, not about the difficulty of attacking opponent bases in PVP. There wasn’t any sigificant change, as attacking dev bases is still as easy as before and attacking real player bases is still as hard as before. Just that attacking easy dev bases is now much more rewarding than attacking real player bases.

Return to “General Discussions”