WTH Happened, Contraband Everywhere, Come and Have Some

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Rebelscummer
Major General

Re: WTH Happened, Contraband Everywhere, Come and Have Some

Post#11 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:29 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Rebelscummer wrote:Now, I see what you're saying DS, i just saw and attacked my first loaded Dev base with 144k CB, before I only saw regular bases with tons of CB.

Rebelscummer - Enjoy the Contraband (the Credits / Alloy is nice too) :D

:arrow: RECOMMENDATION: If you are HQ 9+ use the Contraband to Upgrade your Luggabeasts and get that added Percentage increase to improve your use of Luggas in PvP and War Attacks.

Haha, unfortunately, I don't need CB, I'm maxed out, my both Dekas are L 50 and Lugga L 10, so I only need alloy and credits to upgrade my buildings to Prestige level. I wish I had that much CB when I was grinding to upgrade my dogs a while ago.

Tomato
Commodore

Post#12 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm

LordManson wrote:Cash grab. People will spend the $$$ to crystal upgrade dekas or get prestige HQ. Seeing lots of people with the new stuff on erkit. I guess them spending their money on the game keeps the servers on for people like me who refuse to dump anymore cash into the game.

Yup that's me right here, but I had left over crystals from Windows. I still have 321k crystals but must've spent like 40k in crystals.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

Schruaf
Major General

Post#13 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:25 am

Rebelscummer wrote:Haha, unfortunately, I don't need CB, I'm maxed out, my both Dekas are L 50 and Lugga L 10, so I only need alloy and credits to upgrade my buildings to Prestige level. I wish I had that much CB when I was grinding to upgrade my dogs a while ago.

Just for info, the new Strix Beacon (aka Rancor Trap) costs CB as well. Up to 690 k for level 10.

Ghost666
Major General

Post#14 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:47 am

This makes no sense...but i will ride the wave as all...

2 or 3 attacks provide resources for ONE WEEK of droid work...
No need to attack humans as they are poorer (even rich humans) and much better defended...

Only "interesting" side effect...most human bases have ZERO dekas on duty...as everyone is upgrading theirs...Also no dekas for squad wars...everyone starts an upgrade as soon as the previous ends...
Not really important...as i dont attack humans anyway...and wars have declined as everyone is rich now...

I was stuck in progress as i dont play enough for the ctb i needed for upgrades...and this is solved...but it doenst feel right...and i am betting it will be a problem sooner or later...

Hell...going back to dont caring...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:02 am

Ghost666 wrote:This makes no sense...but i will ride the wave as all...

2 or 3 attacks provide resources for ONE WEEK of droid work...
No need to attack humans as they are poorer (even rich humans) and much better defended...

Only "interesting" side effect...most human bases have ZERO dekas on duty...as everyone is upgrading theirs...Also no dekas for squad wars...everyone starts an upgrade as soon as the previous ends...
Not really important...as i dont attack humans anyway...and wars have declined as everyone is rich now...

I was stuck in progress as i dont play enough for the ctb i needed for upgrades...and this is solved...but it doenst feel right...and i am betting it will be a problem sooner or later...

Hell...going back to dont caring...

Everyone is rich now, every single real base available to attack with my both HQ 10s is full of resources, even contraband. I skip all real bases I find now -- why losing troops, time and energy fighting Rebel Jets in SC or Rodians guard reserve, only to show I'm some kind of SWC badass? No, thank you, I'm getting too old for this rock n'roll.

The same is hapenning with Rebels against my Imperial HQ 10 -- the same Rodians in SC are there for about 2 weeks, idle and bored, No one attacks my base anymore -- what is a shame because I like to win defenses... But why attack real bases full of dangers if dev bases give us more and easy loot with too less troops spent -- and no hero, sc troops or starships required?

I don't play events, conflicts, wars anymore -- not interested in do daily objective that longs a whole day... Game is boring as before, and now I'm a more casual player than before Version 7 update.

I only attack for loot when I have worker droids available for upgrades. Before the 7, I needed to attack for 3-4 hours only to get loot to upgrade one alloy building, one credit building, put some dude to upgrade in the Lab, and maybe upgrade a deka, once or twice a week with my both HQ 10s.. Now I do 3 attacks, get what I need and back to my vacation for 1 week or more...

I'm not maxed out, I still have many upgrades to do for Level 10, what will keep me attacking once or twice a week. Not bad becoming a SWC casual player after playing the game almost daily with multiple accounts for 4 years... All I need to do is relearn to enjoy real life again.

Not good for the game if more high level players become inactive or casual players -- but while noobs keep joining the game and creating squad activity i think SWC will be fine.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#16 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:59 am

mkenobi wrote:
Ghost666 wrote:This makes no sense...but i will ride the wave as all...2 or 3 attacks provide resources for ONE WEEK of droid work...No need to attack humans as they are poorer (even rich humans) and much better defended...Only "interesting" side effect...most human bases have ZERO dekas on duty...Hell...going back to dont caring...

Everyone is rich now, every single real base available to attack with my both HQ 10s is full of resources, even contraband. I skip all real bases I find now -- why losing troops, time and energy fighting Rebel Jets in SC or Rodians guard reserve, only to show I'm some kind of SWC badass? No, thank you, I'm getting too old for this rock n'roll...

I'm not maxed out, I still have many upgrades to do for Level 10, what will keep me attacking once or twice a week. Not bad becoming a SWC casual player after playing the game almost daily with multiple accounts for 4 years... All I need to do is relearn to enjoy real life again.

Not good for the game if more high level players become inactive or casual players -- but while noobs keep joining the game and creating squad activity i think SWC will be fine.

Same observations. High level players have some new shiny toys but only the lower levels still have a reason to play frequently for resources and are able to win consistently in PvP (curse the Rodians!!)
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Rebelscummer
Major General

Post#17 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:04 am

It makes no sense to upgrade anything to prestige level. I'm attacked once every 24 hrs because there are so many rich Dev bases available, I hate it.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#18 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:15 am

This could be part of the “test” to see how important looting is to overall game play, as the rich dev bases effectively took out one important component of the game - looting.

(the new crystal grab trap is research and training time)

We should do a player survey to see whether looting should be an important part of the game.

Personally, I think it should be, but not stupidly hard as in the case of DDK upgrade.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:32 am

I think MKENOBI hit is pretty solid up there.

While this seems like a bad thing because nobody is attacking real people anymore (at least not a ton of us are) ... it does mean people are atttacking more and upgrading more in general. Which can lead to good activity.

For many in the upper echelon the game has mostly been about wars for a long long time anyways, so this doesn't change their view, but it might get the lower tiers more involved as they don't feel like they have to constantly run into any brick walls to make headway.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#20 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:51 am

I do think the risk/reward has to be consistent to achieve the necessary balance in game play.

Right now, it’s not as it is more rewarding to attack easier (dev) bases, and that can’t be good long term.

Return to “General Discussions”