The Great Droideka Grind - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

The Great Droideka Grind - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:51 am

Early on while playing SWC I made a decision to NOT Upgrade my Droideka Sentinel (DekA) and Droideka Oppressor (DekO) because of the increased Repair Time, little improvement in Damage, and mostly because of the difficulty in getting the needed Image Contraband.

AND SO... for the longest time my HQ 10 Account had the DekA at Level 25 and DekO at Level 15 which worked well for my PvP Attack / Defense Style of Playing.

THEN... 5 Weeks Ago... Given the lack of anything else to Upgrade on my HQ 10 Base except both Droidekas, I decided to begin Upgrading both the DekA and DekO to Level 50, a Multi-Week process.

Using Ithorians, Jets, and some U-Wings (Armory Equipped Level 10 X-Wings) I began doing Contraband Loot Raids on all Planets using U-Wings to snipe the exposed Contraband Safehouse and some Jetpack Troopers to destroy any Contraband Tradeports that were easy pickings.

Perhaps you saw me attack your Base and enjoyed the Medals I left or even perhaps laughed at my total failures as I missed getting your Contraband Safehouse (where most Contraband was kept). :lol:

THIS WENT ON FOR 3 WEEKS... AND THEN... BOOM... Prestige Level arrived with SWC Version 7.0.0. on September 26, 2018.

Suddenly there appeared Developer Bases with Mega-Loot which quickly filled the Contraband Safehouse with the Contraband needed to upgrade the Droidekas to the next Level.

ALSO... The arrival of Version 7.0.0. brought about an Balance Update for Level 40+ Droidekas as shown by the following Quote from the In-Game Developer Notes:

Balance Updates
  • Fixed an error with Droidekas at Level 40 and above for both factions, which caused them to output lower damage then intended. Damage output has been fixed.

AND SO... With Contraband now easy to get (currently), I have stopped my Safehouse Sniping and have continued my goal to get both Droidekas to Level 50.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MY DROIDEKA UPGRADE STATUS:

• HQ 10 - Droideka Sentinel (DekA) - Level 30 (Level XXX) in 3 Days - then 20 more Weeks to go.
  • HQ 10 - Droideka Oppressor (DekO) - Level 20 (Level XX) in 2 Days - then 30 more Weeks to go.

And also at a more slower pace...

• HQ 8 - Droideka Sentinel (DekA) - Level 11 (Level XI) in 2 Days - will continue up to Level 15.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

So how about You?

Let the Discussion Begin...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Richaldo
Admiral

Re: The Great Droideka Grind - Discussion Topic

Post#2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:08 am

HQ 10 Dekka 50 (Quest for the stripe) Oppressor 42 (Quest for the beefcake)! Have been fun and entertaining, all from wiping out big rebels with brutal and unrelenting destruction... my record on Tat is 575k on one Saturday (Before this new easy contra thing....). My little level 8 has a level 21 dekka...

For me it's always been an 'end game level'. I love using both, but for me it's the kudos of knowing that I've worked my butt off to get them this high... and in doing so robbed all my enemies :)

Happy Friday
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#3 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:10 am

I only play on one account. I have always upgraded my DekA and my Deko. It was a grind though. I'd get to about 300 cb and then go on a raiding run on Tatooine. Sorry to everyone whom I raided.

I had my DekA at Lvl 31 and my DekO at 25 before client 7 dropped.

Now that 7 has dropped and my CB vaults overflowed I have been upgrading them, without using crystals to finish them quickly.

DekA is on the way to 33 (5 days out) and my DekO is on the way to 28 (5 days out).

A great way to use the CB while I await my prestige base to finish (5d 6h left).

Tamarack
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

JARJAR
Commodore

Post#4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:40 am

my dekas were over 30+ level before the megaloot bases, now with crystals (from windows) are 49

in this moment 1 h 48 min (30 cystals) for deko 50 and 3 days (528 crystals) for deka 50

Josketer
Commodore

Post#5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:53 am

In my case, I have my dekas in level 27 (DekO) and 33 (DekA). With the appearance of the devs bases full of Cb I managed to upload both dekas at the same time one more level. :D
But now I must level up my cb safehouse to continue with the dekas.... :roll:
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 19--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Tomato
Commodore

Post#6 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Since I was an ex-windows player I had a lot of crystals when 7.0.0 dropped I would loot CB, start research, and then Gem completion when I had enough CB.

I am now level 50 in both DekO and DekA.

When 7.0.0 dropped I must've spent over 40k in Gems.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Tomato wrote:Since I was an ex-windows player I had a lot of crystals when 7.0.0 dropped I would loot CB, start research, and then Gem completion when I had enough CB. I am now level 50 in both DekO and DekA. When 7.0.0 dropped I must've spent over 40k in Gems.

Ahhh... At times I wish I was a Former Windows Player... but again perhaps not... LOL :lol:

Congrats on your Newly Minted Level 50 (L for "Large and in Charge") Droidekas :D

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#8 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:05 pm

My OCD wouldn't allow me to not upgrade the dekas no matter how hard, or useless. It's something that needs to be upgrading. I maxed the deka out at each level until 10. For the longest time, both were in constant upgrade. I slowed down when they introduced the new ep based events, and focused on them. For the longest time, my deka was level 46 while my deko was level 38. Now that the dev bases are loaded, they are both upgrading again, and I've sped the upgrades some with crystals (former Windows player here :D ). The deka will be 49 in a couple days, and the deko will be 41 in a couple days. My dek will most certainly be 50 real soon.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

SnarfVader
Commander

Post#9 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:53 pm

JARJAR wrote:my dekas were over 30+ level before the megaloot bases, now with crystals (from windows) are 49

in this moment 1 h 48 min (30 cystals) for deko 50 and 3 days (528 crystals) for deka 50

Is this upgrade times, or repair times? I'm currently sitting at 23 oppressor, and 29 sentinel... not sure how high I want to level them if the repair times are disgusting.

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:58 pm

SnarfVader wrote:
JARJAR wrote:in this moment 1 h 48 min (30 cystals) for deko 50 and 3 days (528 crystals) for deka 50

Is this upgrade times, or repair times? I'm currently sitting at 23 oppressor, and 29 sentinel... not sure how high I want to level them if the repair times are disgusting.

SnarfVader - Click on one or both of the following links. They will answer any questions you have.

(Both are for Rebel Faction but it is the same for Empire Faction)

Return to “General Discussions”