Is upgrading to HQ 8 as an Imperial player worth it?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ravenclaw1138
Squadron Leader

Is upgrading to HQ 8 as an Imperial player worth it?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:25 pm

I have the necessary alloy and I am a maxed out HQ 7.
I don’t know if it is better to sit at HQ 7 and enjoy the game or move up.
Game Name:General Ion
Member of:Imperial-Coders
HQ:7
Faction:Galactic Empire

“To defeat an enemy you must know them, not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy....art...”
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

ForceMel
Commodore

Re: Is upgrading to HQ 8 as an Imperial player worth it?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:09 pm

You get jumptroops at level 8, which is your main unit. I would upgrade to 8 just to get them. I would hesitate there for a while before jumping to 9.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#3 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:54 pm

Yes, upgrade. Worth it.

Harshit
Commodore

Post#4 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:31 am

As Forcemel and Darkrebel said go to lvl 8 ASAP.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#5 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:13 am

You get jumps, Vader and the twerks... it's a bit of a game changer. So... either you park at level 7 if you enjoy it... or take the plunge to level 8, which is essentially where the next section of the game begins...

Then it'll just be rinse and repeat to prestige... nothing will change, just longer build, research and upgrade times... yawn.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

LosVega
Major General

Post#6 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:40 am

I've been sitting at level 8 with my imp base for almost a year now. Level 7 was okay but not having jumps while attacking up was a notable disadvantage. I'd say go ahead with the upgrade but be prepared for all the changes that come with it. On a side note, given the latest positive changes in gameplay, I'm upgrading to level 9 since I maxed out 8.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Go to Level 8 if you have a good armory and most of basic units upgraded to 7, specially if you have all Jets/Jumps skins at level 3-4, and then keep HQ at Level 8 untill you are maxed out. Jumps/Jets are the best reason to upgrade to 8.

The problem is when you have a maxed out HQ 8 your rivals are most of the time Level 9 and 10, and this sucks. And it's really hard when you have to attack bases with LAAT/IDT traps, both Dekas, and maxed out Sonics if you don't have a good armory.

I kept my primary Rebel base on HQ 8 for almost one year, only when I was maxed out and all armory items for defense and attack at level 6-7, I upgraded to 9... Events are easy to play, Objectives are fast and simple, and HDs aren't tough at Level 8 if you use a HD layout, these are good reasons to keep at HQ 8 for so long.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#8 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:04 pm

Go back to 6 and learn contentment. :lol:
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Ghost666
Major General

Post#9 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:47 am

I ALWAYS upgraded HQ AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...never regretted it...

This is a "King of Hill" game...attackers will ALWAYS be stronger (unless you make an effort to play vs the system...keeping medals low or such).

So...i prefer to get to L10...as there is no L11 i will NOT be attacked from above ;)
(This is no longer true ;)...but i got HQ upgrading to 11 as soon as i could)

AND...the effect of upgrading HQ was never that big...much more visible when you upgrade turrets OR get lots of medals...

Anyhow...your choice...i am in the game to use ALL POSSIBLE units and content...so no point on stopping at ANY LEVEL...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#10 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:23 am

Ghost666 wrote:I ALWAYS upgraded HQ AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...never regretted it...

This is a "King of Hill" game...attackers will ALWAYS be stronger (unless you make an effort to play vs the system...keeping medals low or such).

So...i prefer to get to L10...as there is no L11 i will NOT be attacked from above ;)
(This is no longer true ;)...but i got HQ upgrading to 11 as soon as i could)

AND...the effect of upgrading HQ was never that big...much more visible when you upgrade turrets OR get lots of medals...

Anyhow...your choice...i am in the game to use ALL POSSIBLE units and content...so no point on stopping at ANY LEVEL...

Well said.

Return to “General Discussions”