NEW STRUCTURE / UNIT - Strix Beacon - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Re: NEW STRUCTURE / UNIT - Strix Beacon - Discussion Topic

Post#61 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:16 am

as above, for me the strix is only useful in squad wars, and only then when tako / tat are not in play. I often use rancs with dandy and they are formidable turret fire sponges. trying to bring one down when they hold dandy will be hard work without tako/tat.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#62 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:26 am

I noticed today that regular rancors are generalists now. Their preferred target is 'nearest', and during one attack where I used a regular rancor sample, it ignored turrets and just attacked the closest structures. I'm not sure why they changed that, since the Shadow rancor is also a generalist.

Euph
Admiral

Post#63 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:15 pm

They changed the shadow as well. It prefers junk buildings now and will ignore turrets and troops to go after them.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

DeathStriker

Post#64 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:53 pm

HOW LONG TO UPGRADE RANCOR CREATURES?

FOR REVIEW (This Is What We Know):

Conflicts:

• Ultra Chrome = 32 Frags
  • Obsidian = 16 Frags
  • Bronzium 1 = 8 Frags
  • Bronzium II = 4 Frags
Frags Needed Per Level For Each Rancor Creature:

Level. Frags Needed
    1. 32
    2. 60
    3. 90
    4. 130
    5. 180
    6. 240
    7. 310
    8. 400
    9. 520
    10. 680
    TOTAL: 2642 Frags in all or put another way... 83 UCL Crates.
TIME NEEDED TO UNLOCK and FULLY UPGRADE EACH RANCOR CREATURE:

Currently each Rancor Creature is featured in a Week Long Conflict on a Single Planet. With this being the case it would take 83 Weeks or put another way 1 Year, 8 Months.
BUT WAIT... THERE IS MORE...

Disney is not doing Weekly Back-to-Back Conflicts just for Rancor Creatures. We now know the best we can hope for as illustrated by the timing (shown here and here) of the 2 Rancor Conflicts that we have seen so far, is for a Quarterly Event featuring Rancor Creatures for 2 Weeks, or put another way, 8 Weeks of Rancor Conflicts per Year.
AND SO... the more "realistic" time to Unlock and fully Upgrade one Rancor Creature...

Hmmm... Let me see... :roll:
    ... Carry the 1...
    ... multiply by Lunacy...
    ... divide result by the factor of Insanity... :lol:

THE ANSWER IS... 10 Years, 3 Months (if the "pattern" holds) - MINIMUM** :o :shock:

AND I ONCE AGAIN ASK... ARE RANCOR CONFLICTS worth grinding for?

**(Mental Health Therapists are in the back of the room in case anyone needs them) ;)

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#65 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:06 pm

LOL I thought it was going to be something insane like that. I don't plan on grinding like crazy for it. I will play but I'm not going for multiple UCs in each conflict.

Jax
Commander

Post#66 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:49 pm

I don't think grinding for rancors is worth it. I'm pretty certain mine will be level 1 for a really long time.

Euph
Admiral

Post#67 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Honestly even at L10 the rancors will just be a roadbump for jumps, so I don't know why they're acting like they're some rare item to be lusted after by making the frag requirements so high.

I still like the unit (in theory), after all I made a similar suggestion shortly before Prestige was released - but I specifically said it should be upgraded without frags, as to avoid this nonsense.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#68 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:32 am

Jax wrote:I don't think grinding for rancors is worth it. I'm pretty certain mine will be level 1 for a really long time.

I've been attacking some Prestige Dev bases with what i suppose are high level Rancor Traps. In one of my last attacks, I deployed my Sentinel (I was looting to upgrade my dekas) and I got nervous when she triggered the Rancor trap). I deployed a bunch of jets to try to save my Sentinel, but the Rancor, a Hunter one I guess, totally ignored my Sentinel, as he also ignored the Jets (Rancors can't harm them, I know) and walked in another direction, and was killed in a few seconds.

What's the point of having such useless crap at high levels except if you are attacking in wars and that thing can get the boost of Takodana and Dandoran? I don't know if they can get the boost like the old Sample Rancors attached to the Barracks, because as we know the plain Rancor as a merc attached to Cantina doesn't get? So my Level 1 trap with Level 1 Rancor is totally useless. If we had the option sell a building like other games, I would have sold that thing back.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#69 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 am

Euph wrote:Honestly even at L10 the rancors will just be a roadbump for jumps, so I don't know why they're acting like they're some rare item to be lusted after by making the frag requirements so high.

I still like the unit (in theory), after all I made a similar suggestion shortly before Prestige was released - but I specifically said it should be upgraded without frags, as to avoid this nonsense.

Agree 100%

Some options I've considered are a. letting us also use the samples we've accumulated, b. letting the Rancor be accessible from the cantina c. standard upgrade e.g. contra/gold...

Those simple changes would for me make this a semi-viable unit for those 'fun' nights when you just want to play around with different units... Currently from what I've seen from both attack and defense: a level 1 Rancor just isn't good enough at this level IMO.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 164,500 medals

DeathStriker

Post#70 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:29 am

HOW LONG TO UPGRADE RANCOR CREATURES? **Updated**

FOR REVIEW (This Is What We Know):

Conflicts:

• Ultra Chrome = 32 Frags (per Rancor)
  • Obsidian = 16 Frags (per Rancor)
  • Bronzium 1 = 16 Frags (per Rancor)
  • Bronzium II = 8 Frags (per Rancor)
Frags Needed Per Level For Each Rancor Creature:

Level. Frags Needed
    1. 32
    2. 60
    3. 90
    4. 130
    5. 180
    6. 240
    7. 310
    8. 400
    9. 520
    10. 680
    TOTAL: 2642 Frags in all or put another way... 83 UCL Crates.
TIME NEEDED TO UNLOCK and FULLY UPGRADE EACH RANCOR CREATURE:

Currently each Rancor Creature is featured in a one Week Long Conflict on 3 Planets. With this being the case it would take 28 Weeks or put another way 7 Months.

:arrow: Of Special Note is that Krayt Dragons which are featured in two individual Week Long Conflicts on all 6 Planets. With this being the case for the Krayt Dragon only it would take 14 Weeks or put another way 4 Months.
BUT WAIT... THERE IS MORE...

Zygna is not doing Weekly Back-to-Back Conflicts just for Rancor Creatures. We now know the best we can hope for as illustrated by the timing (shown here and here) of the last 2 Rancor Conflicts that we have seen so far, is for a Semi-Annual Event featuring Rancor Creatures for 2 Weeks, or put another way, 4 Weeks of Rancor Conflicts per Year.
AND SO... the more "realistic" time to Unlock and fully Upgrade one Rancor Creature...

Hmmm... Let me see... :roll:
    ... Carry the 1...
    ... multiply by Lunacy...
    ... divide result by the factor of Insanity... :lol:

THE ANSWER IS... 14 Years - for Rancors, and 7 Years - for Krayt Dragon (if the "pattern" holds) - MINIMUM** :o :shock:

AND I ONCE AGAIN ASK... ARE RANCOR CONFLICTS worth grinding for?

**(Mental Health Therapists are in the back of the room in case anyone needs them) ;)

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”