NEW STRUCTURE / UNIT - Strix Beacon - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Josketer
Captain

Re: NEW STRUCTURE / UNIT - Strix Beacon - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:51 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Josketer wrote:Hi everyone ! Here I share this video of a teammate who show us how the new trap (strix beacon) is activated.

Josketer - Thanks for sharing!! :D

DS Thanks to you,for always keeping us informed ! ;)
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 19--- Medals : + 104 K
Youtube channel : Josketer
Squad Wars & PvP videos :mrgreen:
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50 ;)

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#12 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:22 am

So does anyone know how much time it will take "to catch a new Rancor specimen" once it is killed?
And does it function like the higher the level of your Rancors, the longer it takes (usually the case with SWC)
OR
(for a change) the higher you get it, the SHORTER it takes to reload???

And one more: do you have to reload manually like with traps or does it reload automatically after a certain time interval has lapsed?

Third question: can you grab a rancor from the pile in your HQ? I have LOADS of them left, especially the Rager, as it is too big and clumsy to use for my taste?

These are relevant questions I think: just unlock or grind my azzz off? (unlikely as I seldom do that)
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

DeathStriker

Post#13 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:30 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:So does anyone know how much time it will take "to catch a new Rancor specimen" once it is killed?

And does it function like the higher the level of your Rancors, the longer it takes (usually the case with SWC)

OR

DarthBratzzznew - See Trap Rearm Time in this example - Rebel Strix Beacon (same for Empire Strix Beacon)

So the Answer is - the higher the Level of the SBT (Strix Beacon Trap) the shorter the "Capture Time"

ALSO... The higher the Level of the SBT the "better" the Rancor can be used - similar to the Cantina in that the higher levels unlocks new units.

⇨ See Developer Notes in Main Topic Post for more information.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Schruaf
Commodore

Post#14 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:35 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:So does anyone know how much time it will take "to catch a new Rancor specimen" once it is killed?
OR

And one more: do you have to reload manually like with traps or does it reload automatically after a certain time interval has lapsed?

Third question: can you grab a rancor from the pile in your HQ? I have LOADS of them left, especially the Rager, as it is too big and clumsy to use for my taste?

These are relevant questions I think: just unlock or grind my azzz off? (unlikely as I seldom do that)

The time to catch a rancor depens on the lvl of the strix beacon. 4 h at lvl 1 to 1 h at lvl 10. You need a standard worker droid to chatch one. It works like with droideaks, only when the rancor dies in defense or in attck you have to rearm the trap (catch a speciem). So the time it takes is independent from the kind of rancor and it's lvl.

The strength of the rancor depens on the lvl you reached. So first you have to unlock the special rancor and then lvl it up like all other special units.

You can switch the kind of rancor in the trap/beacon this will take time, similar to switching kinds of turrets.

P.S. i was to slow :-)

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#15 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:42 am

Thanks DS and Schruaf!
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:45 am

Nice video, Josketer, but the Rancor dies in about 6s... because it is only level 1? Why the game didn't crash when the Strix was activated like many are reporting?

I found this funny, but it seems just another useless piece of junk unless you can upgrade it to higher levels and put a more powerful Rancor like the Rage in it?
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DeathStriker

Post#17 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:50 am

NOTICE: Strix Beacon Rancors Don't Harm Jetpack Troopers / Jump Troopers

:arrow: For Example see Damage Modifiers in following link (similar for all Rancor Creatures)

✓ Look at Numbers in Parenthesis ( )...

Rebel Rage Rancor

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#18 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:42 am

DeathStriker wrote:NOTICE: Strix Beacon Rancors Don't Harm Jetpack Troopers / Jump Troopers

:arrow: For Example see Damage Modifiers in following link (similar for all Rancor Creatures)

✓ Look at Numbers in Parenthesis ( )...

Rebel Rage Rancor

Thank you, DS, this responds my primary doubt in my previous post. Jets/Jumps are immune to Rancors since the beginning. So, the Strix Beacom is useless if everyone only attacks with Jumps/Jets...

Devs just ignored or forgot this little detail, or they should have created a new kind of Rancor that can kill flies like a dragon spitting fire or balls of fire??? lol
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Josketer
Captain

Post#19 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:19 am

mkenobi wrote:Nice video, Josketer, but the Rancor dies in about 6s... because it is only level 1? Why the game didn't crash when the Strix was activated like many are reporting?

I found this funny, but it seems just another useless piece of junk unless you can upgrade it to higher levels and put a more powerful Rancor like the Rage in it?

1- Yes, I guess so. It must have been at level 1.
2 - I do not know. I only know that our teammate did not have problems to continue playing the same. He has 140K medals and is almost a full level 10 (he just needs to upgrade his dekas)
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 19--- Medals : + 104 K
Youtube channel : Josketer
Squad Wars & PvP videos :mrgreen:
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50 ;)

DeathStriker

Post#20 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 am

Josketer wrote:
mkenobi wrote:Why the game didn't crash when the Strix was activated like many are reporting?

I do not know. I only know that our teammate did not have problems to continue playing the same. He has 140K medals and is almost a full level 10 (he just needs to upgrade his dekas)

They seemed to have fixed the CNFO Issue so perhaps they fixed the SBT (Strix Beacon Trap) Issue also...

Return to “General Discussions”