R.I.P. PartylikeVader

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Admiral

Re: R.I.P. PartyLikeVader

Post#51 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:57 am

If PLV can look themselves in the mirror and say that using macros to play the game is NOT cheating, then I challenge them to admit that publicly along with the list of bases that use macros in the squad.

Either that or deny using macros altogether.

I will then send this list to Disney support and ask if this is cheating or not, and if yes will they take any action.

Somehow, I doubt they would do this.

To me, using macros is CHEATING, but I am tired of the debate (especially against you Midge :) ). Now, if that view isn't being shared by the game maker, then I choose another game to play.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#52 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:04 am

DarkRebel wrote:If PLV can look themselves in the mirror and say that using macros to play the game is NOT cheating, then I challenge them to admit that publicly along with the list of bases that use macros in the squad.

I will then send this list to Disney support and ask if this is cheating or not, and if yes will they take any action.

To me, using macros is CHEATING, but I am tired of the debate (especially against you Midge :) ). Now, if that view isn't being shared by the game maker, then I choose another game to play.

I don't personally care either way, I just find it ridiculous to assert they are cheating, but KSOD or data mining is OK, because you like it.

Both are FLAT OUT against the terms of service. Cheating is cheating.

Sure, driving 95 in a 55 is worse than driving 70 in a 55, but both of them are breaking the law. Only the person who is going 54 has any real right to say anything about it.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#53 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 am

Midge wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:If PLV can look themselves in the mirror and say that using macros to play the game is NOT cheating, then I challenge them to admit that publicly along with the list of bases that use macros in the squad.

I don't personally care either way, I just find it ridiculous to assert they are cheating, but KSOD or data mining is OK, because you like it.

Sure, driving 95 in a 55 is worse than driving 70 in a 55, but both of them are breaking the law. Only the person who is going 54 has any real right to say anything about it.

The driving speed analogy is better suited for comparing with using macros to load troops (driving at 56) versus deploy troops (driving at 70-90).

Data mining is of a total different class altogether. I have no issue with KSOD data mining, and no issue with myself admitting using it (and if anyone has issue with it, I welcome them to report my base name "DarkRebel" as a user who admitted using mined game data to enhance my playing experience). It is public information and anyone is welcome to use it.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#54 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:35 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Midge wrote:

The driving speed analogy is better suited for comparing with using macros to load troops (driving at 54) versus deploy troops (driving at 70-90).

Data mining is of a total different class altogether. I have no issue with KSOD data mining, and no issue with myself admitting using it (and if anyone has issue with it, I welcome them to report my base name "DarkRebel" as a user who admitted using mined game data to enhance my playing experience). It is public information and anyone is welcome to use it.

Well, you obviously have no issue with it, that is the ENTIRE point. Just because you have no issue with it does not mean that it is not against the rules.

It is public information, but those gathering the information should all be banned by the argument you make against using Macros. The ONLY relevant thing is whether Disney cares about it at all. They have shown they don't. Which, by default, makes it NOT cheating.

Kind of like my analogy up there. Sure, the law says that the speed limit is 55, but if no law enforcement officer or judge is going to enforce it at 62, then, it is just words (like a terms of service agreement) and an unenforced statute.

If Disney does not consider it an issue, then I am really at a loss as to what all the whining is about.

If the whining is based on them "BREAKING THE RULES," when you yourself acknowledge that you are perfectly fine with a large group of others breaking the rules ... then it is simply hypocritical and just picking and choosing which rules you think suit you and which rules you think don't suit you.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#55 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:40 am

Educate me Midge on how KSOD data mining is considered cheating by the letter of the law.
Please.
Which DISNEY clearly stated rule that it broke ?

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#56 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:49 am

DarkRebel wrote:Educate me Midge on how KSOD data mining is considered cheating by the letter of the law.
Please.
Which DISNEY clearly stated rule that it broke?

It is using an outside bot to gather data ... Honestly, I am not sure the direct wording in the terms of service ... but it has been found before in this same argument with Forceisweak when I pointed out that Macros weren't against the TOS and he pointed out a spot with language that made it seem like they likely are. It is around these parts somewhere, but I am not going to dig it up.

And REGARDLESS of that, you can't possibly think that JSON files are OK when the entire iOS population cannot use them. And it gives an unfair advantage in war to those who can use them very late in setup vs. those who can't. That creates a CLEAR advantage by manipulating the game in a way the developers clearly do not intend.

It is simply semantics.

Sure, I think Macro users, auto click users, etc. are completely stupid, annoying and basically just trolls. BUT, that does not change the fact that Disney clearly does not care about enforcing it any more than they care about blocking the KSOD and Data Mining bots that are also against the TOS.

And it does not change the fact that many break the rules for whatever they want and think they have high ground on others. Until Disney decides to put a stop to it when they clearly know it is happening, labeling it as "cheating" by using the Terms of Service as the statute means you have to label any bot manipulating the data or gathering information the same way.

Stupid as hell? Sure. Cheating? Nope, that is just being a hypocrite.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#57 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:06 am

Midge,

I think you are confused between using bots to play the game versus using bots to gather game statistics. The earlier is considered cheating but the later is clearly not.

And again, you are confused between breaking the law versus enforcing the law.

(EDIT: for what it's worth, I do think using layout manager to expedite the saving and restoring base layout would be considered violating the user agreement for using the game software. Reading public mined data by a player, on the other hand, does NOT violate ANY clause in the user agreement. Now, how does the KSOD website code obtain the data is outside the scope of the regular player license agreement. As far as KSOD is concerned, If the KSOD code does not use the client software to harvest the data, then it isn't bound by the user agreement as the agreement only applies to those who downloaded and used their software. On the other hand, if KSOD code runs on the server that requires the client software to be installed, then it would be bound by the terms. And if it's found that KSOD code violates the terms stated by the user agreement, then Disney may request that the software to be removed from the server. Having no internal knowledge of how KSOD code works, I can't and don't want to comment on this aspect. )

bob1084
Commodore

Post#58 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:09 am

PartylikeVader wrote:The anti-PLV argument has evolved significantly over time:

- PLV is all wallet warriors
    - PLV uses crystal cheats
    - PLV has no life
    - PLV are virgin losers
    - PLV is all minis
    - PLV is almost all minis
    - Minis are cheating
    - PLV is hacking
    - PLV uses afk macros
    - PLV is using macros to collect loot from buildings
    - PLV is using macros to queue troops in barracks
    - PLV is using macros to fully automate 24/7 gameplay
    - Only minis are using 24/7 automation macros
    - PLV causes all CNFO
    - PLV makes it harder to ultra chrome

- Everyone is using macros
    - PLV is using bots, not macros
    - PLV is just a handful of people with multiple accounts
    - PLV is just one person
    - PLV uses macros
    - PLV quits for unknown reasons
    - PLV returns
    - PLV quits because EP events cannot be "macro'd"
    - PLV is top in conflicts again so they are using bots

- PLV quits again for various reasons
    - PLV is back again for various reasons
    - PLV quits because game troop queuing interface cannot be "macro'd"
    - PLV is top in conflicts again so more cheating

The game is continuously improved in terms of complexity that makes alleged "automation" more and more impossible to macro. New theories are conjured. The witch hunt is reborn. Hate flows. Players mass report. People bitch. We are still here winning. You're living in delusion.

When PLV doesn't conflict, you still can't Ultra Chrome. When we do conflict, you act like we are the reason you suck and still can't Ultra Chrome.

All the time you spend...

- Checking how many people are in PLV
    - Noting how many are active or inactive
    - Monitoring who is where on the leaderboard
    - Looking at bases to see who is mini and who is not
    - Writing hate posts
    - Complaining in Line, Forums, and Discord
    - Making up absurd allegations

...could be spent attacking and actually getting better at the game.

We are humored you see us as the epitome of why you can't improve at the game or feel inadequate as to how much time or effort you spend. We understand you see us in similar to players who spend massive real life currency on the game, because you are so "pure" in your gaming practices and philosophy. We get that you think all your problems, such as CNFO, hard dev bases, lack of dev bases, losing squad wars, squad chat lag, etc. are all a result of our 30 member squad.

You've perpetuated the PLV hate for two years. What do you have to show for it? We strongly encourage you to spend less time hating. Stop being lazy. Use the energy spent to UC more.

This has got to be a top 5 most idiotic (not the most, bc well Plagueis) ever uttered on this forum. Allow me to revise your putrid statement:

2016: PLM NOT V, hits bob1084’s base (level 9 at the time). I watch the replay and think, huh, no wonder imps complain about balance, they suck beyond measure.

2017: now fully level 10 and balance now 100% verifiably in imps favor I am hit countless times by PLM. Now being on “line” I ask “has anyone been hit by these idiots?”

The answer is yes bob, and BEFORE I show a replay, a contact perfectly lays out where 18 jump troopers and the e@@ were placed on the battlefield.... how would that be? Corner bases being all the rage and this person was able to tell me how that attack played out?

PLM is now on the radar for a psycho that will Crystal loadouts to find their base... but lo and behold he seems to never be able to revenge or see said bases EVER.

2018: PLM now has rebs condoning their actions because of KSOD and base manager (in premise yes the argument can be made that these are cheats, if they go away I don’t care whatsoever, I don’t use either, too much time and effort for so little payoff).

Lastly, your assertion is that you have skill and are just better players. The problem with this is no one on the reb side has ever accused you of a good hit lmao. Not one time ever, I have yet to see a person show a screenshot of you (singular) hitting their base and winning.

Yet.....

You achieve UC non stop?

At BEST, you are an extreme farmer

At worst you are a member of PLM, which is a complete joke in this game regardless of what justification you come up with.

Nevermind
Commodore

Post#59 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Who. Cares.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#60 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Nevermind wrote:Who. Cares.

And really ... this is basically what my long-windedness is more or less saying every time ... :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”