R.I.P. PartylikeVader

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ChiptheFish
Major General

Re: R.I.P. PartyLikeVader

Post#41 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:35 pm

mkenobi wrote:Macro players are cheaters, it doesn't matter what you think about, they are cheaters. Every app external to the game not licensed by the developer you use that are not your hands (on a mouse) or fingers (touching screen) is cheat. Macros, clickers, hacks, whatever.

Macro players aren't an exploitation of a fail in the game like manipulate the matchmakinjg with mini bases is -- there is nothing wrong in building mini bases because nothing in the game orders you to build every item, or says you have to upgrade and max out everything.

Mini bases aren't cheating because you are playing the game, but macro players using mini bases with apps to automatize loadouts and attack in a non-stop 24h frenzy only to get advantage in conflicts are.

I don't know if ksod bots scanning game datas can interfere in the game playing, leading one or more players to have a bug, or create bad processes in the servers that can harm the clients, let's say in conflicts -- but macro players do while they steal the place of all those who are trying to play the game for themselves.

And PartyLikeCheaters are like the Hydra of Lerna, you cut one head, two born in the same place...

This is the point. Thanks mkenobi for understanding. And for what it's worth, i think the stats on units, build levels, etc are extracted from the JSON file on the Internet, not from within the game client. The point is: does the "bot" change the outcome of rankings, wars, conflict rewards, etc. and therefore minimize the efforts of the many real players without a bot army or discourage competition. The concept is widely understood in all competitive sports, for example with rules against doping. Studying your opponent with spies might also be considered a lack of good sportsmanship, but KSOD is publicly available and therefore does not provide a specific advantage to one team/player over another. I think any reasonable judge or committee would agree when comparing how macro bots for automating gameplay clearly violate the intent of the terms, while "fan sites" like KSOD do not.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#42 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:55 pm

Boog wrote:
XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
ForceMel wrote:I should have been more clear. They are 139 on the game rankings.

Do you have a link on ksod? I must be looking at the wrong squad.

They're 139 on the real swc medal rankings, not the ksod rankings. You have to search for them on the squad list.

Oh, in that case I'll pass
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

DirtyVader
Squadron Leader

Post#43 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:26 am

PartyLikeMacro is back on conflict leaderboard

DeathStriker

Post#44 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:31 am

DirtyVader wrote:PartyLikeMacro is back on conflict leaderboard

DirtyVader - Yes I have been noting that.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#45 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:47 am

Ah ... the fun with semantics.

I think MACROS are cheating and here is why! But I like KSOD and Github and having the ability to change my base in two seconds ... so that is fine.

You cannot possibly tell me that MACROS are any worse than using JSON files to change your base 3 minutes before a war. A ton of the iOS population of this game does not have that option without putting in a bunch of work chasing down their secret ID.

But, you know, you like it ... so not cheating.

Got it.

Wasn't cheating for Ken Griffey Jr. to double in size and seem to balloon and then magically heal from injuries that should end careers, because, well, we like him. But Sosa, who failed just as many tests as Griffey, he DEFINITELY cheated, because we don't like him!

If you are for KSOD, JSON files, Github showing us the actual truth of the troops, the ability to see the future of conflicts and releases, etc. Then you are a hypocrite if you slam the MACRO users. Period.

And all this talk of them affecting the percentage in conflicts is god damn laughable. How many of them do you think there actually are? If you want to get where you want in a conflict go do it, quit blaming them that you can't.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DirtyVader
Squadron Leader

Post#46 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Midge wrote:Ah ... the fun with semantics.

I think MACROS are cheating and here is why! But I like KSOD and Github and having the ability to change my base in two seconds ... so that is fine.

You cannot possibly tell me that MACROS are any worse than using JSON files to change your base 3 minutes before a war. A ton of the iOS population of this game does not have that option without putting in a bunch of work chasing down their secret ID.

Got it.

Wasn't cheating for Ken Griffey Jr. to double in size and seem to balloon and then magically heal from injuries that should end careers, because, well, we like him. But Sosa, who failed just as many tests as Griffey, he DEFINITELY cheated, because we don't like him!

If you are for KSOD, JSON files, Github showing us the actual truth of the troops, the ability to see the future of conflicts and releases, etc. Then you are a hypocrite if you slam the MACRO users. Period.

And all this talk of them affecting the percentage in conflicts is god damn laughable. How many of them do you think there actually are? If you want to get where you want in a conflict go do it, quit blaming them that you can't.

"Them"? It is just a guy running multiple accounts, letting macros play for him ("them"). If he uses macros, he doesn't play. You can't compare real players attacking thousands of times and one person letting macros do all the job and being rewarded for that. It is so obvious.

Wait...are you serious? Is all that a joke, right? You really said that? Maybe a semantic problem here...

PartylikeVader
Captain

Post#47 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:23 am

The anti-PLV argument has evolved significantly over time:

- PLV is all wallet warriors
    - PLV uses crystal cheats
    - PLV has no life
    - PLV are virgin losers
    - PLV is all minis
    - PLV is almost all minis
    - Minis are cheating
    - PLV is hacking
    - PLV uses afk macros
    - PLV is using macros to collect loot from buildings
    - PLV is using macros to queue troops in barracks
    - PLV is using macros to fully automate 24/7 gameplay
    - Only minis are using 24/7 automation macros
    - PLV causes all CNFO
    - PLV makes it harder to ultra chrome

- Everyone is using macros
    - PLV is using bots, not macros
    - PLV is just a handful of people with multiple accounts
    - PLV is just one person
    - PLV uses macros
    - PLV quits for unknown reasons
    - PLV returns
    - PLV quits because EP events cannot be "macro'd"
    - PLV is top in conflicts again so they are using bots

- PLV quits again for various reasons
    - PLV is back again for various reasons
    - PLV quits because game troop queuing interface cannot be "macro'd"
    - PLV is top in conflicts again so more cheating

The game is continuously improved in terms of complexity that makes alleged "automation" more and more impossible to macro. New theories are conjured. The witch hunt is reborn. Hate flows. Players mass report. People bitch. We are still here winning. You're living in delusion.

When PLV doesn't conflict, you still can't Ultra Chrome. When we do conflict, you act like we are the reason you suck and still can't Ultra Chrome.

All the time you spend...

- Checking how many people are in PLV
    - Noting how many are active or inactive
    - Monitoring who is where on the leaderboard
    - Looking at bases to see who is mini and who is not
    - Writing hate posts
    - Complaining in Line, Forums, and Discord
    - Making up absurd allegations

...could be spent attacking and actually getting better at the game.

We are humored you see us as the epitome of why you can't improve at the game or feel inadequate as to how much time or effort you spend. We understand you see us in similar to players who spend massive real life currency on the game, because you are so "pure" in your gaming practices and philosophy. We get that you think all your problems, such as CNFO, hard dev bases, lack of dev bases, losing squad wars, squad chat lag, etc. are all a result of our 30 member squad.

You've perpetuated the PLV hate for two years. What do you have to show for it? We strongly encourage you to spend less time hating. Stop being lazy. Use the energy spent to UC more.
Rath Severus
Leader of PartylikeVader

lurker
Captain

Post#48 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:33 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:The macro thing? Not very honorable, but if it's somebody's idea of fun to write a program like that, their call (and I suspect they'll just write another one to deal with the new UI anyway). The macro use seems driven by another thing the devs use: competition and FOMO (fear of missing out). By hanging out special units to only the top 2%, or top 10%, or even the top 20%, they compel players against one another, and people do things like write macros or give up on real life activities to they can be sure to unlock tognath, or rancors, or stuff like that. It's bumpkis, to use the nicest word I can think of.

One point, though: macros allow the player (all of its accounts) to be constantly logged in, and therefore untouchable. This is not right. Automation while the player seats in front of the screen, I don't mind.
Data miner

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#49 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:10 am

DirtyVader wrote:
Midge wrote:Ah ... the fun with semantics.

Got it.

"Them"? It is just a guy running multiple accounts, letting macros play for him ("them"). If he uses macros, he doesn't play. You can't compare real players attacking thousands of times and one person letting macros do all the job and being rewarded for that. It is so obvious.

Wait...are you serious? Is all that a joke, right? You really said that? Maybe a semantic problem here...

Great job really pointing out nothing at all. Seems you are just conceding that other violations of terms should also be called out? Like KSOD? JSON Files? Gihub? Data mining?

Nope, you got no defense for those other than "you like them, so they are OK!"

You really think there is only one person using a Macro in the entire game? Really?

No semantics to it, that would make you an idiot.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#50 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:47 am

PartylikeVader wrote:You've perpetuated the PLV hate for two years. What do you have to show for it? We strongly encourage you to spend less time hating. Stop being lazy. Use the energy spent to UC more.

Oh, they are alive! All of them reborn from the hell of their macros? Good for them -- or for him, as PLV are only 1 or 2 dudes using multiple accounts with macros and attacking in the same way with the same units again and again...

Yeah, you are right.

I don't care about PLV, while they don't attack my low level bases with their minis as they did in the past. I don't care if they are at the top of the conflicts thanks to a non-stop 24h without log off attack strategy of using macros and clickers...

I don't care anymore about macro players, as I don't care about cheaters, and I don't care about sandbaggers or mini bases manipulating matchmaking in conflicts and events, and squad wars. I'm playing SWC for 4 years, and I'm tired of cheaters and exploitations due to the bad game development.

Is a Disney problem to care about, and while Disney doesn't care and does nothing or can't, and while I can win in the game with my own efforts, why should I care, and why should I waste my time talking about cheaters everyone knows?
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Return to “General Discussions”