R.I.P. PartylikeVader

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Re: R.I.P. PartyLikeVader

Post#31 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:12 pm

ForceMel wrote:PLV has refilled his squad. He now has 23 players in his squad, and is ranked at 139, spot behind my squad.

I was curious and searched for PLV. I found them ranked 7036 (http://ksod.us/squad/811c811e-590b-11e6 ... 18/history). Maybe I found the wrong squad?
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#32 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:32 pm

ChiptheFish wrote:Apples and oranges my friend. I'm not a lawyer, but I think you and others that repeat this idea are misunderstanding the terms. The text specifically mentions "gameplay", not 'data mining' or any other method that could be used for stats. KSOD is not in any way altering the experience of players or the outcome of conflicts/wars. Macro players are directly pushing real players out of prizes and victories they deserve because of their efforts.

Did you read the terms posted above?
It clearly states "other manipulation of gameplay or game client".

There's no misunderstanding, but disagreement. Misunderstanding is those who think the UI change 2 days ago is why PLV members were inactive....which requires 30(?) days of inactivity.

If game stats are openly available then I agree with you. As per my previous post....the client is interfered with via a bot/droid in order to retrieve stats, as is my understanding of KSOD. Unless you can point to somewhere IN GAME, where I can access all stats KSOD reports, I think you'll find that a breach as written above. KSOD provides you information about a squad or player (troops donated, war history etc) that cannot be found unless you join a squad.

Data miners provide us advanced information....and in depth information that isn't available IN GAME (firing rate? damage per clip?). All this info (while greatly appreciated), is obtained via manipulation of the game client, is it not?

I don't like macro players as much as the next person, but don't hold up the user agreement as proof they are illegal while ignoring other breaches...because you don't see those being as bad.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#33 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:32 am

Forceisweaknyou wrote:
Richaldo wrote:
mkenobi wrote:Sad hearing that from many medal cap players...

I really don't understand a game when you is punished only for being a winner. Is what the current medal system is in the game, a punishment. It punishes you with stronger rivals until your game life become a hell, and now prevents you to have the same game experience many here are having just because they haven't similar amount of medals?

Beside the base strength based matchmaking system, the medal system needs to be urgently fixed for something useful and able to help players and not punish them.

I've submitted a ticket... to be honest I don't want to be negative anymore on this... it's clear that a lot want this level 11, and a lot are having fun with the extreme dev bases... Me... i'm in purgatory.

I've decided to turn off my notifications again, i'm away this weekend till Monday so going to (try) and forget about it and see how I feel next week...

In all honesty though, it's a big decision for me... such a massive part of my life these last few years... there's always the option to just play wars or something? But to be honest, with my experience in gaming... sometimes it's better just to move on and find something else...

Will see. Fingers crossed all will be sorted by next week, and my ramblings will be consigned to the internets darkness...

Tonight I've a mario cart tournament with some of my old school buddies - and to be honest... i'm buzzing about that now!!!

Devvies for all now!

Cool! I've not logged on now for two days... Got a bit stressed out with the 'cnfo' and thought...why am I getting stressed out over a game? I'll probably log back in next week... But I'm thinking over my options. Either get stuck in... Or move on. As soon as a game becomes stressful you have to have a rethink... This is my chill out time haha!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#34 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:23 am

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
ForceMel wrote:PLV has refilled his squad. He now has 23 players in his squad, and is ranked at 139, spot behind my squad.

I was curious and searched for PLV. I found them ranked 7036 (http://ksod.us/squad/811c811e-590b-11e6 ... 18/history). Maybe I found the wrong squad?

I should have been more clear. They are 139 on the game rankings.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#35 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:28 am

ForceMel wrote:
XitLiteNtrNite wrote:

Do you have a link on ksod? I must be looking at the wrong squad.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#36 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:40 am

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
ForceMel wrote:
XitLiteNtrNite wrote:I was curious and searched for PLV. I found them ranked 7036 (http://ksod.us/squad/811c811e-590b-11e6 ... 18/history). Maybe I found the wrong squad?

They're 139 on the real swc medal rankings, not the ksod rankings. You have to search for them on the squad list.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#37 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:35 am

darthdoodie wrote:
ChiptheFish wrote:Apples and oranges my friend. I'm not a lawyer, but I think you and others that repeat this idea are misunderstanding the terms. The text specifically mentions "gameplay", not 'data mining' or any other method that could be used for stats. KSOD is not in any way altering the experience of players or the outcome of conflicts/wars. Macro players are directly pushing real players out of prizes and victories they deserve because of their efforts.

Did you read the terms posted above?
It clearly states "other manipulation of gameplay or game client".

There's no misunderstanding, but disagreement. Misunderstanding is those who think the UI change 2 days ago is why PLV members were inactive....which requires 30(?) days of inactivity.

If game stats are openly available then I agree with you. As per my previous post....the client is interfered with via a bot/droid in order to retrieve stats, as is my understanding of KSOD. Unless you can point to somewhere IN GAME, where I can access all stats KSOD reports, I think you'll find that a breach as written above. KSOD provides you information about a squad or player (troops donated, war history etc) that cannot be found unless you join a squad.

Data miners provide us advanced information....and in depth information that isn't available IN GAME (firing rate? damage per clip?). All this info (while greatly appreciated), is obtained via manipulation of the game client, is it not?

I don't like macro players as much as the next person, but don't hold up the user agreement as proof they are illegal while ignoring other breaches...because you don't see those being as bad.

You are correct; technically sod and data mining are cheating. I would add that they are much less invasive and egregious than macro use, because one is stealing information from the game and one is stealing rewards from other players. I think a good analogy is using a police scanner vs using the car pool lane with one person.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#38 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:08 am

Boog wrote:
XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
ForceMel wrote:I should have been more clear. They are 139 on the game rankings.

They're 139 on the real swc medal rankings, not the ksod rankings. You have to search for them on the squad list.

Thanks. That's a better way to explain it. My squad is 138. They were 139. That's why I saw them. They are currently 142.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#39 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:54 am

Macro players are cheaters, it doesn't matter what you think about, they are cheaters. Every app external to the game not licensed by the developer you use that are not your hands (on a mouse) or fingers (touching screen) is cheat. Macros, clickers, hacks, whatever.

Macro players aren't an exploitation of a fail in the game like manipulate the matchmakinjg with mini bases is -- there is nothing wrong in building mini bases because nothing in the game orders you to build every item, or says you have to upgrade and max out everything.

Mini bases aren't cheating because you are playing the game, but macro players using mini bases with apps to automatize loadouts and attack in a non-stop 24h frenzy only to get advantage in conflicts are.

I don't know if ksod bots scanning game datas can interfere in the game playing, leading one or more players to have a bug, or create bad processes in the servers that can harm the clients, let's say in conflicts -- but macro players do while they steal the place of all those who are trying to play the game for themselves.

And PartyLikeCheaters are like the Hydra of Lerna, you cut one head, two born in the same place...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Wittmann33
Captain

Post#40 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:24 pm

Ha Ha Ha, That is is so not TRUE! Here is the evidence! And it does not Lie!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussions”