[iOS/Android] Client Update - Version 7.0.0. - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: [iOS/Android] Client Update - Version 7.0.0. - Discussion Topic

Post#81 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:27 am

Kylo wrote:This type of crap makes things BETTER for MACROS players, not worse.

It takes regular players more taps, more waiting, more frustration. You know what doesn't get frustrated or accidentally load Han Solo somehow when trying to cook an ATTE? Macros don't get tired of having to tap extra on some units but not others. Macros remember how long stuff takes and can easily get out of build mode every time.

There aren't any macro players on the top of the conflict standings on any of the planets. I'd say they've been put out of business. I have a level 9 secondary minibase, and now instead of seeing level 5 opponents, I just see level 8 and 9 dev bases, and I get a LOT of cnfo. You can't drop 4 buffed jumps against these and get an easy win. I also find that about 50% of the time when I load troops into my barracks, when I exit out of the barracks, my base is in layout mode. If this happens to macro players, they are screwed.

PartylikeVader
Captain

Post#82 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:53 pm

As many have reported, there are significant new game additions that would make automation more difficult such as :

• tougher bases
    • harder low level matchmaking
    • complexified building screens
Not to mention existing counter measures (resulting in errors) that have existed for two years to deter cheating such as:

• Error 1204 (building error)
    • Error 1221 (deployment error)
This relates to some previous commentary:

Boog wrote:
There aren't any macro players on the top of the conflict standings on any of the planets. I'd say they've been put out of business.

Although this would be nice I disagree. Should a suspected “macro” player suddenly appear in the top10, despite all the prior mentioned obstacles, people will just say “they made the better macro” or “they are botting” or “they are account sharing”. The existing stereotypes and hate will continue.

Personally I’d like to think seeing PLV top10 in by the end of the Week 2 Rancor conflict serve as a marker for honesty, but I doubt it will. I believe parts of the player community will still reject honest play in the top10 even though the recent additions have made it all the more difficult if not borderline impossible.

Boog wrote:I have a level 9 secondary minibase, and now instead of seeing level 5 opponents, I just see level 8 and 9 dev bases, and I get a LOT of cnfo.

Matchmaking has certainly increased for lower base scores. It appears the matchmaking relies on HQ more so than basescore. For example an HQ6 base with two turrets and minimum upgraded barracks, transports, resource collectors, etc. is now seeing a max upgraded HQ6-7 base, as opposed to the typical HQ3-4 base with low level turrets (but equal base score).

Interestingly, it is of note that there appear to be developer “mini bases”. Several reports have reached me that indicated cloned HQ7-9 two turret wonder bases are now part of possible match matching for lower base score players. A specific example of this comes from a HQ7 mini, who reported getting matched with a developed HQ9 developer base, with max loot and contraband, but only two turrets. The strongest indicator this was a developer base was the same base design and building levels was matched twice against this player but with different names.

Boog wrote: I also find that about 50% of the time when I load troops into my barracks, when I exit out of the barracks, my base is in layout mode. If this happens to macro players, they are screwed.

While serving as an unintentional deterrent, this is a game error. When queuing units some players hold the unit icon as opposed to single taps, to quickly load units. For example, rather than click a stormtrooper or rebel soldier 30 times to queue 30 units, they could hold the unit icon for 6 seconds until the queue capacity maxed out.

This method of troop queuing results in the phenomena you describe. It appears that clicking in the barracks screen results in “phantom” clicks on your base. Ergo, hold touching versus single taps generates the same response as hold touching a building to enter layout mode. While I’ve reported this error, I don’t foresee it getting fixed as it’s a minor inconvenience and not a game breaker.

Sadly, the game continues to improve yet the complaints seem just as whiny, steady and ignorant.
Rath Severus
Leader of PartylikeVader

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#83 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:09 pm

I’ve seen the tap-thru happen. Before Prestige, it would allow you to collect resources if the troops you were training happened to be overlaid on top of the resource building. So, you would see one or two buildings out of sync with the havest clock. With the new droid doing auto-harvest, this shows up sometimes looking like you have no resources to collect... I noticed it recently when I was expecting resources to be ready after my first login of the day and I collected the daily crate, but had no generators ready to collect as usual when the crate finished. It makes sense that tap-hold players would sometimes see the building move screen. Somehow taps are being passed through the layers we see on screen.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~44k Deka/o: 34/26 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Return to “General Discussions”