[iOS/Android] Client Update - Version 7.0.0. - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Tomato
Commodore

Re: [iOS/Android] Client Update - Version 7.0.0. - Discussion Topic

Post#51 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:27 pm

My strategy is anything that requires CB I'm gemming it (Windows player). Credits and Alloy no Gems.

Current DDK = 50, DDKO = 37, Strix 2
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#52 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:39 pm

ChiptheFish wrote:
AlaricSkywalker wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:Sign Of The Times

In the current "Mega Loot Madness" the following is now common...

AND SO... Enjoy the current "Madness" while you can... soon "Sanity" will return along with the increase in Grinding...

Who knows? They might get people saying that they were glad for this, and that it'll help them get their upgrades going more swiftly. This is just speculation, but we'll see what happens.

I am definitely ENJOYING it...giddy like a little kid. Even if it's only for a couple of days, it has been fun to hit a few jackpot bases.

I didn't play with my 4 acc in the same day for months (i think the last time was in the last Rogue One units Event), and I did this like a mad last night, changing accounts, changing devices, attacking with one base while another base was reloading troops...

I went to bed at 4 AM only after max out all walls for my 4 bases. I also upgraded my dekas for all accounts, I put all my droids to work, and had all storage at max capacity for all. I also maxed out my Rebel HQ 8 last night. And if they keep the Dev bases full of resources, I am considering upgrade this account to HQ 9 -- have ErKit as last planet, and Oppressor and LAAT traps will help this base in Squad Wars, it is only for what it serves now -- besides donate jets to my HQ 10.

I already had considered finish my both HQ 10s with Level 9 walls, and maybe Level 9 turrets -- and don't upgrade anything else, then they do this.

The wall cheap was the best thing that came with this update. Walls are the most effective defensive item in the game, they don't cost anything for base strenght -- then you can max out all of them, and even with the enemy attacking with hordes of jets/jumps, having a strong walled base prevents the use of shield infiltrators, and make the enemy spend time to destroy all shields. A buffed wall base is great for Heroic Defense, much more if you use a double line of walls.

The game is a long upgrade, and what was killing SWC is that most players at Level 8-9-10 were discouraged to upgrade because: everything is too expensive, too many upgrades, hard to loot the necessary resources for a single upgrade, and it takes too much time for upgrading anything...

In all kind of business, you need to give something to get something. Devs gave Dev bases that can fill all storage buildings for a HQ 8 in only one attack. Giving easy and high loot you are encouraging players to attack for upgrades, and buy crystals to rush upgrades to upgrade again, and again, and buy more crystals.

I think last night the amount of players buying crystals or using the crystals they already had was insane -- i sent many of my Windows crystals back to Disney to upgrade my dekas 3 levels last night.

If put dev bases with high amount of resources was a marketing plan to sell crystals, it's working fine. And many players attacking in the conflicts probably didn't mind of losing the UC due to the update when they saw Dev bases with 400k CB and 2 mi in alloy/credits...

SWC is running like the wind again, and now maxed out veteran players have upgrades to being busy for 1 year or more... And for all those who thought SWC was a dead game near to the closing -- me included -- now must shut the fuck up. :D :D :D
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#53 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Counsel from an old grizzled Commander who's been at this game since almost the beginning and who has more gray hairs IRL than he'd like to admit: enjoy the ride at your own pace. As many have pointed out, these upgrades will take months and even years if you don't crystal.

As one who has chased the mythical carrot of "this game will get better if I upgrade this, or if I reach the medal cap, or when I get this troop or skin leveled to this point," trust me, it doesn't. Each level and faction has its own headaches and its own joys. Play the game for what it is right now, or don't. Enjoy it, or do something else.

Example: I'm plagued by constant CNFO right now because of the apparent coding error pointed out in another thread. Once upon a time, I would spend hours tapping on "Find a Match" over and over again in an effort to find some poorly-designed base so I can place in this conflict and get those doggone rancors. Right now? Nope. There'll be a day to chase those fragments down. Or there won't. Right now, the cost (hours of my life tapping a screen) isn't worth it. If and when it is, and matchmaking is fun enough to give me fightable bases, I'll play. Until then, I have plenty of other games/books/people with which to enjoy life.

Long and short, I'm trying to get players (and myself) not to fall into the "have to have it now on all my accounts or else" trap. Just play. Enjoy. And if you can't enjoy, and can't figure out a way to overcome the obstacle (whether it's CNFO or guard reserve or whatever), do something else. Life's too short to lose it to a freemium game, even a Star Wars freemium game.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~152,000 medals. Newborn Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 29. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#54 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:43 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Counsel from an old grizzled Commander who's been at this game since almost the beginning and who has more gray hairs IRL than he'd like to admit: enjoy the ride at your own pace. As many have pointed out, these upgrades will take months and even years if you don't crystal.

As one who has chased the mythical carrot of "this game will get better if I upgrade this, or if I reach the medal cap, or when I get this troop or skin leveled to this point," trust me, it doesn't. Each level and faction has its own headaches and its own joys. Play the game for what it is right now, or don't. Enjoy it, or do something else.

Example: I'm plagued by constant CNFO right now because of the apparent coding error pointed out in another thread. Once upon a time, I would spend hours tapping on "Find a Match" over and over again in an effort to find some poorly-designed base so I can place in this conflict and get those doggone rancors. Right now? Nope. There'll be a day to chase those fragments down. Or there won't. Right now, the cost (hours of my life tapping a screen) isn't worth it. If and when it is, and matchmaking is fun enough to give me fightable bases, I'll play. Until then, I have plenty of other games/books/people with which to enjoy life.

Long and short, I'm trying to get players (and myself) not to fall into the "have to have it now on all my accounts or else" trap. Just play. Enjoy. And if you can't enjoy, and can't figure out a way to overcome the obstacle (whether it's CNFO or guard reserve or whatever), do something else. Life's too short to lose it to a freemium game, even a Star Wars freemium game.

Good thoughts Phoenix, as always.

Another update, old and new problems. Many players can not play because of CNFO because of their high medals, and crashes in the game. It wasn't the first time, it won't be the last time -- remember when Rodians were introduced and everyone attacking a base with Rodians in SC had a crash, and lost the attack with 0%?...

Many like me have been in the game since the beginning, and I played on Windows, and nothing on iOS/Android can be worse than play SWC on Windows, but now -- once the problems related to this update are solved -- many have reasons to continue playing, no matter if the upgrades of the Prestige will take more 4 years to complete... It will also take years for anyone to have all Armory and Elite units maximized. And people kept playing even after the Armory was introduced.

The question now is whether the Devs will keep the Devs bases full of resources and give everyone the chance to have access to them. This will make you only need 3 or 4 attacks to pay for the upgrades, and then wait two weeks if you do not want to spend money on crystals - watch a lot of movies, read books, travel, enjoy time out of the game - and come back when the upgrade is over...

You also have the option to play conflicts, events, squad wars while waiting. SWC is just a game. And games should exist only to help you spend your free time when you have nothing better to do.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Euph
Admiral

Post#55 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:44 pm

I like that some of the newer units (pilots, party bus, etc) that would show up behind starships on the troop selection row are properly ordered with the rest of the troops now. It's a small but appreciated improvement.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#56 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:12 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Counsel from an old grizzled Commander who's been at this game since almost the beginning and who has more gray hairs IRL than he'd like to admit: enjoy the ride at your own pace. As many have pointed out, these upgrades will take months and even years if you don't crystal.

Agreed, player activity for non 100k+ commanders, definitely seems to be up, but that's because hitting dev bases makes the game playable.

The same could be achieved, with a brighter prospect for the game, by nerfing armoury defensive buffs.

The game is fun to play when you can win. You only really win when you attack. Everyone's searching for and hitting dev bases as they are without armoury defensive buffs and beatable, and at the moment, they are loaded with resources.

The point for the Devs to take away is this - beatable bases increase active game play, and increase the chances of customers spending money on crystals.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

TNT
Major General

Post#57 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:35 am

You are very right Phoenix.

Like I said earlier it's nice that there is a new HQ, however the core problem regarding the balance remains. Imperials in general still hide on all planets not Tatooine where they farm defense wins and Rebels hide on Tatooine not attacking.
As soon as the shinyness of the gold wears off (or they nerf the loot in dev bases) things what will you be left with? The exact same nigh unplayable game. Maybe we should create another feedback topic about that.
I'm hoping that our new overlords at Zynga will see those clean topics and respond in game with tweaks.

The Cynic in me sees the following:
- Prestige level is a cheap way to add desirability to old unit frags. We now suddenly need to max out all event units again to prestige them.
- In other games prestiging can often be done multiple times. Expect the same to be true here where the lvl of the prestige can be signified by the number of gold banners on the icons. Looking at the space this can easily be done another 3 times.
- Time to peddle a new prestige bot.
- The prominent addition of the HQ units in the barracks is due to the devs wanting people to cut down their thousands of free samples. (we would be more inclined to do this devs if you shorten training times and non jet units would become viable again) The free samples must be taking up quite some system resources by now, in addition if you don't have free samples then you have to crystal to rush in wars.
- New rich dev bases to get people to rush upgrades. (this appears to be working)
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

GER
Squadron Leader

Post#58 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:37 am

Can someone please confirm if war is Ok after this update?
I attacked an opponent twice yesterday with my imperial base during war with dandoran in play.... My air hardly damaged SC troops and 21 of my heavies perished in an eyeblink. They were quite spread out too. They seemed as if they did not regenerarte health and hardly did any damage.
Gator-Battalion

GER
Squadron Leader

Post#59 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:40 am

Muy teammates complained about the same thing btw.

GER
Squadron Leader

Post#60 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:47 am

The opponent rebel squad seemed to be unaffected as they managed to reach 42 uplinks while we struggled to get 14.
The IMP squad is Spain-Imperial, and the opponent rebel squad is Poland. We are not the best warring squad, but we know how to attack too and there is definitely somerhing wrong. Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same. Thanks
Gator-Battalion

Return to “General Discussions”