Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
spootieho
Commodore

Re: Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#11 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:43 am

I feel like the x-wings were nerfed this year, but maybe they were always much less effective at higher levels. Yeah, with the level 3 u-wing skin, they are still not where I want a regular x-wing to be based on my past experience at lower levels.

X-wing used to be my goto air support. Now I rarely ever commission them.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#12 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am

Maybe the safehouse you attacked is higher then Lv 10?

Piper139
Major General

Post#13 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Boog wrote:Tie fighter target preferences: None. That's the memo, it's a generalist. Generalists should do 100% damage to most if not all targets. That's why they are a generalist. Unfortunately, they got nerfed because too many whiners complained about having their hq's sniped.

Who cares about hq sniping. It gave minimal trophy gains. It's the contra sniping that's annoying. Put on your big boy pants and earn that contra. Not specific to you of course, but in general. On the ohter hand, if someone wants to waste two shield busters and two fighters to get a measly 20k contra.....
Retired

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Piper139 wrote:
Boog wrote:Tie fighter target preferences: None. That's the memo, it's a generalist. Generalists should do 100% damage to most if not all targets. That's why they are a generalist. Unfortunately, they got nerfed because too many whiners complained about having their hq's sniped.

Who cares about hq sniping. It gave minimal trophy gains. It's the contra sniping that's annoying. Put on your big boy pants and earn that contra. Not specific to you of course, but in general. On the ohter hand, if someone wants to waste two shield busters and two fighters to get a measly 20k contra.....

Instead of nerfing the tie fighters, the devs *should* have given us cb safe house bracing, as well as bracing for the other storages. Bracing for the tradeports is dumb as hell. They should also give SC bracing instead of hq bracing, but that is clearly way too much to hope for.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#15 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:24 am

Well, that’s your own interpretation which has already been proven wrong based on internal data.

Target preference, to me, is more applicable for ground units when they would target their favorite first. Ground troops, once deployed, move by themselves, so target preference is more applicable. For air, it’s the commander who selects the target, so target preference doesn’t mean much.

It’s often that there is a damage multiplier associated with the favorite target, but damage multiplier can sometimes apply to generalist (eg. heavies have bonus multiplier for shields and slight nerf against walls). So it’s not always that generalist would have 100% damage apply to all target.

Amongst all air,TIE fighter is the most general purpose unit and that is true. But that doesn’t mean they should deal 100% damage against everything.

And I am glad they got nerfed against safe house and the HQ. That was a good adjustment.
Last edited by DarkRebel on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

rebel10
Lieutenant

Post#16 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:38 am

Also a safehouse in a 10th level base can be up to 17th level. Check the star wars commander wiki

SFOne
Commodore

Post#17 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Piper139 wrote:

Z95s/Tie Interceptors are a far more effective method of contra sniping. :lol:
On an unrelated note, 20k is about the most I ever see these days. Too many players playing defence, or not giving a crap about the game, I guess.
Rebel Level 10 80k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

SWC Tools For Android
  • Releases: https://github.com/DaveCMo/Android-SWC-Tools/releases
  • https://youtu.be/8rPACDDEWhg

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#18 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Im not in the market for contra atm, but I've just saw a few 40 - 70K bases on erkit.

RDjedi
Commander

Post#19 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:50 am

Wimps beware of Rebel pirates! We need your resources to fund our cause.

Return to “General Discussions”