Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
CoolGuy
Commodore
Posts: 168

Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:19 pm

My X-Wing is level 10 therefore does 20,640 damage. My U-Wing buff is level 3 giving 111% boost.

20,640 + 111% = 43,550 damage. Every time I attack an Imperial CB safehouse there is just a little bit remaining.

Am I missing something? Have I gotten my maths wrong? Is there some Imperial protection on a safehouse I'm not aware of?


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 4265

Re: Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:31 pm

CoolGuy wrote:My X-Wing is level 10 therefore does 20,640 damage. My U-Wing buff is level 3 giving 111% boost.

20,640 + 111% = 43,550 damage. Every time I attack an Imperial CB safehouse there is just a little bit remaining.

Am I missing something? Have I gotten my maths wrong? Is there some Imperial protection on a safehouse I'm not aware of?

CoolGuy - The Level 10 X-Wing does only 50% Damage on Storage. (20640 * .50 = 10320)

The Max Health on the Contraband Safehouse is 22,660.

This is most likely the reason for the disparity.
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
CoolGuy
Commodore
Posts: 168

Re: Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#3 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:41 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:My X-Wing is level 10 therefore does 20,640 damage. My U-Wing buff is level 3 giving 111% boost.

20,640 + 111% = 43,550 damage. Every time I attack an Imperial CB safehouse there is just a little bit remaining.

Am I missing something? Have I gotten my maths wrong? Is there some Imperial protection on a safehouse I'm not aware of?

CoolGuy - The Level 10 X-Wing does only 50% Damage on Storage. (20640 * .50 = 10320)

The Max Health on the Contraband Safehouse is 22,660.

This is most likely the reason for the disparity.


Thanks Death. I thought I was going crazy. So the damage is only 10320 + 111% = 21,775. I need 22,660 for the complete kill.


User avatar
DesertPyramid
Major General
Posts: 405

Re: Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#4 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Right. Check the SWC wiki site for the damage multipliers for the different units and targets.

Each unit has a general damage, some have specialties... some had to have penalties to tone down the air-sniping of the HQ, Vault’s, etc.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~41k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a


User avatar
CoolGuy
Commodore
Posts: 168

Re: Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#5 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:49 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:Right. Check the SWC wiki site for the damage multipliers for the different units and targets.

Each unit has a general damage, some have specialties... some had to have penalties to tone down the air-sniping of the HQ, Vault’s, etc.


Thanks, I should have remembered that. Only 2 frags away from level 4 U-Wing which gives 120% boost and 22,770 hit points against a CB safehouse - that's a 100% kill.


Boog
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1119

Re: Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#6 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:47 pm

They nerfed the xwings and tie fighters several years ago, and now we get frags to de-nerf them. Yay!


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 838

Re: Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#7 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Hope DEVs would further reduce the damage multiplier against resource storages. This would encourage more players to develop better attack skill instead of taking the lazy tactic to take CBs.


Boog
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1119

Re: Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#8 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:15 am

What? Sorry, but these starships are supposed to be generalists. They should do 100% damage to all targets. If they did, we wouldn't need the bullshit armory skin for them.


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 838

Re: Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#9 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:11 am

Boog wrote:What? Sorry, but these starships are supposed to be generalists. They should do 100% damage to all targets. If they did, we wouldn't need the bullshit armory skin for them.

I must have missed the memo that said x-wing/Tie fighter is supposed to give 100% damage to everything.

Here is the current damage multiplier against various target types:
(100): Droideka, Heavy infantry hero, Infantry, Infantry hero, Light vehicle, Support troop, (90): Shield generator, (85): Turret, (75): Heavy infantry, Heavy vehicle, Heavy vehicule hero, Vehicule hero, (68): Other building, Ressource generator, (50): Shield, Storage, (46): Wall, (33): Headquarters, (0): Flying infantry, Flying vehicle, Trap
https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/TieFighter.html

It is clearly NOT.


Boog
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1119

Re: Why Won't My Level 3 U-Wing Kill a Level 10 CB Safehouse?

Post#10 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:33 am

Tie fighter target preferences: None. That's the memo, it's a generalist. Generalists should do 100% damage to most if not all targets. That's why they are a generalist. Unfortunately, they got nerfed because too many whiners complained about having their hq's sniped.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boog, CommonCrawl [Bot], Cwpnoob, Facebook [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Josketer, RabidWarBunny, wesman21 and 36 guests