STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
ObiTwo
Major General
Posts: 290

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#31 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Good initiative mate :) Keep adding to it and making it better. Helps both sides and wars are such a fun part of SWC.

I put together some rebel specific tactics for war on my youtube channel, including how to take outposts, how to attack with specific outpost boost, troop compositions and the like. It may help bring balance for the rebels warriors and help you with the rebel part of your guide.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)


User avatar
AdmiralPiett
Commodore
Posts: 176

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#32 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:04 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
AdmiralPiett wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:It's useless to try to take back the outposts when your opponent is stronger and more active, as they would just take them back. There is really no hope in trying to ... "slow them down".

The only case that I would do that, is when I have lower level players and they can't be on at the same time as the rest of the squad. So they might as well use up their attacks early on outposts, when the level is still low. It never hurts to trade your low level attacks with opponent higher level attacks.

Has anyone been successful in trying to keep the outposts against stronger opponent ?

Taking control of outpost is only effective against weaker opponent when they don't have enough players on at the same time to get outposts first then attack in waves. Control the outposts will frustrate them, and they would end up having to attack without outposts and you can preserve the win (rather than a stinky tie).

Going against a stronger opponent, your objective is to go for a TIE (45:45), hoping that Tako and Tat would give you sufficient boost to take on stronger bases. The stronger opponent would very likely get 45 against you anyway.

The tactic is useful DarkRebel. If you manage to get your squad up during war start, it will be better to keep controlling the outposts. You must always conserve attacks and must ensure the success of your VERY limited attacks.
A stronger squad doesn't mean it can always win. You can coordinate more efficiently than them in order to get to 45.

Here is the key statement from what you said above: "If you manage to get your squad up during war start".
But, what would happen if you don't ?
My point is: for controlling the outposts, it's not about weaker versus stronger (and how do you define stronger and weaker anyway, by base rating ?), or about the type of outposts in play, but about which squad has more players on at the same time.

EXACTLY!
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ Prestige - 50K MEDALS

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime


User avatar
AdmiralPiett
Commodore
Posts: 176

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#33 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:04 pm

ObiTwo wrote:Good initiative mate :) Keep adding to it and making it better. Helps both sides and wars are such a fun part of SWC.

I put together some rebel specific tactics for war on my youtube channel, including how to take outposts, how to attack with specific outpost boost, troop compositions and the like. It may help bring balance for the rebels warriors and help you with the rebel part of your guide.

Thanks mate. I'll check it out!
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ Prestige - 50K MEDALS

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime


User avatar
DesertPyramid
Admiral
Posts: 502

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#34 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:53 pm

I just scanned the guide quickly. Noticed a few minor things:
- Could there be a section describing the War Rewards? (Crates and Rep Points)
- I think you meant AT-ATs and Kubaz can take down shields in seconds... minutes is a bit long.
- You might want to mention TX tanks are samples... unless they’re buffed on Outposts. New players might not catch the difference right away.

It looked really good. Will try to read in more detail when I have a bit more time.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~49k Deka/o: 50/45 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a


User avatar
AdmiralPiett
Commodore
Posts: 176

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#35 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:30 am

DesertPyramid wrote:I just scanned the guide quickly. Noticed a few minor things:
- Could there be a section describing the War Rewards? (Crates and Rep Points)
- I think you meant AT-ATs and Kubaz can take down shields in seconds... minutes is a bit long.
- You might want to mention TX tanks are samples... unless they’re buffed on Outposts. New players might not catch the difference right away.

It looked really good. Will try to read in more detail when I have a bit more time.

I'll check the errors and update them in the next issue. Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it!
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ Prestige - 50K MEDALS

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime


User avatar
AdmiralPiett
Commodore
Posts: 176

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#36 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:07 am

DOCUMENT UPDATED TO VERSION 1.4

⇨ See Main Topic Post.

Update Includes:

- Several changes in Section 1.5
- New Section: 1.6
- More minor changes
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ Prestige - 50K MEDALS

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime


User avatar
AdmiralPiett
Commodore
Posts: 176

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#37 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:28 am

Working on the new updates, I've ran out of ideas for more. Any help is good. Thanks a lot.
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ Prestige - 50K MEDALS

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 5479

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#38 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:41 am

AdmiralPiett wrote:Working on the new updates, I've ran out of ideas for more. Any help is good. Thanks a lot.

AdmiralPiett - How about replicating the Chart which shows how many Rebel Z-95 Headhunter's or Empire TIE Interceptor's it takes per Level to Destroy Squad Center when Yavin 4 OP is in Play.
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
AdmiralPiett
Commodore
Posts: 176

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#39 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:20 am

DeathStriker wrote:
AdmiralPiett wrote:Working on the new updates, I've ran out of ideas for more. Any help is good. Thanks a lot.

AdmiralPiett - How about replicating the Chart which shows how many Rebel Z-95 Headhunter's or Empire TIE Interceptor's it takes per Level to Destroy Squad Center when Yavin 4 OP is in Play.

Sure buddy. Please PM me the links!

Thanks a lot, Striker.

Regards,
Admiral Piett
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ Prestige - 50K MEDALS

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime


User avatar
AdmiralPiett
Commodore
Posts: 176

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#40 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:38 am

Bump for the war guide!
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ Prestige - 50K MEDALS

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], Entropy, Forceisweaknyou, Harshit and 33 guests