STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#21 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:31 am

AdmiralPiett wrote:SWC WAR GUIDE UPDATED TO VERSION 1.3

⇨ See Main Topic Post.

AdmiralPiett -

I added the link to the Main Topic Post to aid others in finding the link to the newest version. When you update it again you can simply copy the previous post above, update it, and re-post.

I took a quick look at the document and have 1 suggestion for Outposts. Perhaps you can copy/use the information I posted in the following Topic:

[SQUAD WARS] Outpost Buffs Explained - Discussion Topic (see Main Topic Post).

Continue to work on improving the document and I will continue to read / suggest improvements.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#22 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:04 am

DeathStriker wrote:
AdmiralPiett wrote:SWC WAR GUIDE UPDATED TO VERSION 1.3

⇨ See Main Topic Post.

AdmiralPiett -

I added the link to the Main Topic Post to aid others in finding the link to the newest version. When you update it again you can simply copy the previous post above, update it, and re-post.

I took a quick look at the document and have 1 suggestion for Outposts. Perhaps you can copy/use the information I posted in the following Topic:

[SQUAD WARS] Outpost Buffs Explained - Discussion Topic (see Main Topic Post).

Continue to work on improving the document and I will continue to read / suggest improvements.

Thank you Striker!
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Proud member Of ChaosWolfPck

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#23 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:09 am

Update 2.0 coming soon! Stay alert!

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

SFOne
Commodore

Post#24 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:15 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Excellent points.

Based on what you wrote, I can guess that you guys do really well in wars :)

Scouting bases and plan for loadout requires skills and experiences, and they can vary depending on your level and what troops you have unlocked, and whether you have the specific HQ samples. It is more of an advance topic.

As far as trap scouting, I consider that a cheat :), and even though I know how to do it, I won’t do it or tell anyone about it. It’s an exploit of a software bug, IMHO. Dev should fix this (but I am not the one who tell them as my peers will yell at me, lol). Experience players can use vanguards or shocks to scan traps, or guess from some obvious spots on the map.

Haha. If it's possible then surely it's not cheating, but half the time I give in as it's a bit of a pain to do that and quite often I end up hitting bases on the fly once war already started. Maybe more important in no OP

Do you honestly think that “feature” is an intended design or a software defect ?

Well. Which other structure is revealed, or has some additional information revealed by the method used to reveal the traps.

To me, as a coder, it seems like different code from what is used when selecting buildings, so I'm not entirely convinced it is a defect.

But screw doing it anyway. Dropping a vanguard is much less time consuming method, and I assume any worthy opponent will probably switch up trap locations either.
Rebel Level 10 80k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

SWC Tools For Android
  • Releases: https://github.com/DaveCMo/Android-SWC-Tools/releases
  • https://youtu.be/8rPACDDEWhg

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#25 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Agree too time consuming and sometimes like a needle in a haystack. It can be handy sometimes though. I just scouted my opponent base for this war and found 2 Laat, 1 Ywing and 1 Fang all grouped down in one corner. Would be painful to have tripped all that.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#26 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Sometimes you're better off dropping a storm onto a problematic trap than dropping a shock trooper. The shock trooper might move on and trip the sc that you want to bomb.

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#27 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:01 am

Moving on, I reviewed your guide briefly just now, and immediately spotted something I want to point out; (but purely for aesthetics, nothing wrong with the content!!)

Either my pc has hitherto unknown compatibility-issues with certain formattings of google docs, or all your bulletpoints are rendered as "ü" - is this intentional? Because it doesn't seem like it.

Anyway, keep the good work up. I might sit down and really read it someday.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#28 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:44 am

It's useless to try to take back the outposts when your opponent is stronger and more active, as they would just take them back. There is really no hope in trying to ... "slow them down".

The only case that I would do that, is when I have lower level players and they can't be on at the same time as the rest of the squad. So they might as well use up their attacks early on outposts, when the level is still low. It never hurts to trade your low level attacks with opponent higher level attacks.

Has anyone been successful in trying to keep the outposts against stronger opponent ?

Taking control of outpost is only effective against weaker opponent when they don't have enough players on at the same time to get outposts first then attack in waves. Control the outposts will frustrate them, and they would end up having to attack without outposts and you can preserve the win (rather than a stinky tie).

Going against stronger opponent, your objective is to go for a TIE (45:45), hoping that Tako and Tat would give you sufficient boost to take on stronger bases. Stronger opponent would be very likely get 45 against you anyway.

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#29 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:06 am

DarkRebel wrote:It's useless to try to take back the outposts when your opponent is stronger and more active, as they would just take them back. There is really no hope in trying to ... "slow them down".

The only case that I would do that, is when I have lower level players and they can't be on at the same time as the rest of the squad. So they might as well use up their attacks early on outposts, when the level is still low. It never hurts to trade your low level attacks with opponent higher level attacks.

Has anyone been successful in trying to keep the outposts against stronger opponent ?

Taking control of outpost is only effective against weaker opponent when they don't have enough players on at the same time to get outposts first then attack in waves. Control the outposts will frustrate them, and they would end up having to attack without outposts and you can preserve the win (rather than a stinky tie).

Going against a stronger opponent, your objective is to go for a TIE (45:45), hoping that Tako and Tat would give you sufficient boost to take on stronger bases. The stronger opponent would very likely get 45 against you anyway.

The tactic is useful DarkRebel. If you manage to get your squad up during war start, it will be better to keep controlling the outposts. You must always conserve attacks and must ensure the success of your VERY limited attacks.
A stronger squad doesn't mean it can always win. You can coordinate more efficiently than them in order to get to 45.

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#30 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:43 pm

AdmiralPiett wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:It's useless to try to take back the outposts when your opponent is stronger and more active, as they would just take them back. There is really no hope in trying to ... "slow them down".

Going against a stronger opponent, your objective is to go for a TIE (45:45), hoping that Tako and Tat would give you sufficient boost to take on stronger bases. The stronger opponent would very likely get 45 against you anyway.

The tactic is useful DarkRebel. If you manage to get your squad up during war start, it will be better to keep controlling the outposts. You must always conserve attacks and must ensure the success of your VERY limited attacks.
A stronger squad doesn't mean it can always win. You can coordinate more efficiently than them in order to get to 45.

Here is the key statement from what you said above: "If you manage to get your squad up during war start".
But, what would happen if you don't ?
My point is: for controlling the outposts, it's not about weaker versus stronger (and how do you define stronger and weaker anyway, by base rating ?), or about the type of outposts in play, but about which squad has more players on at the same time.

Return to “General Discussions”