STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#11 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:09 am

DeathStriker wrote:
AdmiralPiett wrote:NOTE- Please also tell me how I can improve this doc.

AdmiralPiett - I noted that current document is focused toward Empire Faction.

• Perhaps you could make the document to applicable to Both Factions - that is...

• Add info for Rebel Faction.
  • There are several "War Techniques" that are common to Both Factions.
  • You could have 3 Sections:

• General War Strategy For All Factions.
    • Empire Faction Specific War Strategies.
    • Rebel Faction Specific War Strategies.
Just some thoughts....

I'll be doing that once I've complete the Imperial Edition. You can go through it, and change troops that belong to Empire to Rebels!

EDIT:

Version 1.1 is ready for updating!

It includes:-

- War Strategy 1 (Many more to come)
- Factors that decide War Outcome

Thanks for your support and ideas! I'll have a look and decide at what's best to include in my doc!

Thanks and Regards,
Admiral Piett
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Proud member Of ChaosWolfPck

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

DeathStriker

Post#12 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:11 am

AdmiralPiett wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
AdmiralPiett wrote:NOTE- Please also tell me how I can improve this doc.

AdmiralPiett - I noted that current document is focused toward Empire Faction.

• Perhaps you could make the document to applicable to Both Factions - that is...

• Add info for Rebel Faction.
Just some thoughts....

I'll be doing that once I've complete the Imperial Edition. You can go through it, and change troops that belong to Empire to Rebels!

OK... Thanks :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#13 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:02 am

SWC WAR GUIDE UPDATED

⇨ See Main Topic Post.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#14 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:05 pm

ForceMel wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:One massive omission from the Tat war section is the power of MTV7s for attacking bases, particularly those with resources around the edge. After taking out resources the MTV7s can devastate a base, and at only 5 uc you can fit loads of them in your transports.
Also, I echo those comments about Tie Advanced. If I dont have Yavin I may use advanced but with Yavin I absolutely try and avoid using them instead using Kubaz and then filling up the starport with tie defenders to wipe out all the turrets.

I just realized you are in NewSithEmpire... reading the signature helps. I'm slow that way sometimes lol. You got us twice. The first war was pretty epic. I was on vacation the second one, and didn't get to participate. I look forward to a 3rd time :D

We MM weekdays 9pm US....next pressing the button 9pm tomorrow ;-)
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#15 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:06 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:P.S. I think there should also be a 2 important sections after the intro about 1) scouting bases before war starts, 2) planning a strategy to take out the enemy squad centre and droidekas.

1) Scouting bases:
The loadout which should be used will in vary a fair bit depending on the layout of the base you are planning to attack. Also you should include how to scout for trap locations as this really helps to make sure you dont end up getting groups of your troops wiped out. For defensive strategy it can also help to move all your trap locations 10 mins before war start, just in case the enemy has scouted your traps....this can really mess up their attack.
2) Taking out squad centres:
No1 priority for me every war attack is working out how to take out the squad centre, or of that is too hard then how best to deal with squad centre troops. Failing to do this often results in a failure to get all 3 uplinks.

Another point is if you fail to get all 3 uplinks make sure to give your squadmates as much intel as possible. If possible use a screenrecorded then share, this way you mates can see exactly where the traps are and what defending troops they have to deal with (in the event you failed to deal with the SC per point 2 above).

Geez, I could go on and on.....

Excellent points.

Based on what you wrote, I can guess that you guys do really well in wars :)

Scouting bases and plan for loadout requires skills and experiences, and they can vary depending on your level and what troops you have unlocked, and whether you have the specific HQ samples. It is more of an advance topic.

As far as trap scouting, I consider that a cheat :), and even though I know how to do it, I won’t do it or tell anyone about it. It’s an exploit of a software bug, IMHO. Dev should fix this (but I am not the one who tell them as my peers will yell at me, lol). Experience players can use vanguards or shocks to scan traps, or guess from some obvious spots on the map.

Haha. If it's possible then surely it's not cheating, but half the time I give in as it's a bit of a pain to do that and quite often I end up hitting bases on the fly once war already started. Maybe more important in no OP
Squad - NewSithEmpire

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#16 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:53 pm

sgu97cab wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:P.S. I think there should also be a 2 important sections after the intro about 1) scouting bases before war starts, 2) planning a strategy to take out the enemy squad centre and droidekas.

1) Scouting bases:
The loadout which should be used will in vary a fair bit depending on the layout of the base you are planning to attack. Also you should include how to scout for trap locations as this really helps to make sure you dont end up getting groups of your troops wiped out. For defensive strategy it can also help to move all your trap locations 10 mins before war start, just in case the enemy has scouted your traps....this can really mess up their attack.
2) Taking out squad centres:
No1 priority for me every war attack is working out how to take out the squad centre, or of that is too hard then how best to deal with squad centre troops. Failing to do this often results in a failure to get all 3 uplinks.

Another point is if you fail to get all 3 uplinks make sure to give your squadmates as much intel as possible. If possible use a screenrecorded then share, this way you mates can see exactly where the traps are and what defending troops they have to deal with (in the event you failed to deal with the SC per point 2 above).

Geez, I could go on and on.....

Excellent points.

Scouting bases and plan for loadout requires skills and experiences, and they can vary depending on your level and what troops you have unlocked, and whether you have the specific HQ samples. It is more of an advance topic.

As far as trap scouting, I consider that a cheat :), and even though I know how to do it, I won’t do it or tell anyone about it. It’s an exploit of a software bug, IMHO. Dev should fix this (but I am not the one who tell them as my peers will yell at me, lol). Experience players can use vanguards or shocks to scan traps, or guess from some obvious spots on the map.

Haha. If it's possible then surely it's not cheating, but half the time I give in as it's a bit of a pain to do that and quite often I end up hitting bases on the fly once war already started. Maybe more important in no OP

Do you honestly think that “feature” is an intended design or a software defect ?

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#17 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:16 am

Of course it's not intended.

The whole point of the traps is to keep them hidden. Always - Always - drop a van/shocktrooper first no matter what!
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#18 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:53 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Excellent points.

Do you honestly think that “feature” is an intended design or a software defect ?

We just matched in war again!!! ;-) Do you have a LINE ID? Add me.... user id is sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#19 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 pm

sgu97cab wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:

We just matched in war again!!! ;-) Do you have a LINE ID? Add me.... user id is sgu97cab

I'm guessing you meant to quote me lol. This will be another fun war. No real offensive help again. That means we have to be good in our attacks. I unfortunately don't have line. My squad has been using Skype for 4 years.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#20 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:02 pm

SWC WAR GUIDE UPDATED TO VERSION 1.3

⇨ See Main Topic Post.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Links for Informational Purposes
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Proud member Of ChaosWolfPck

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

Return to “General Discussions”