STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
AdmiralPiett
Commodore

STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 am

Hey folks!

So I've been in this game for quite some time now, and have noticed that many squads have difficulties in NON-TAKO WARS. So I've made a guide in which I explain different strategies that you and your squad can utilise, as well have posted some guides on the different outpost scenarios that you can get, and mainly explain on 'Non Tako Wars'.

DOCUMENT CURRENT VERSION - VERSION 1.4

DOCUMENT:-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EVg ... sp=sharing

Best,
Admiral Piett

NOTE- If you want some of your strategies in this document, please PM me, and I'll be happy to include it in the doc :D :D . Also tell me how I can improve this document!
Last edited by AdmiralPiett on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Proud member Of ChaosWolfPck

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

Harshit
Commodore

Re: STAR WARS COMMANDER: WAR GUIDE

Post#2 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:46 am

THANKS!! Your guide is well arranged and gives much helpful and needy info for any lvl. I Now the useful troops for tat war. Really appreciable work done by you and your sqaud.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#3 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:14 am

Harshit wrote:THANKS!! Your guide is well arranged and gives much helpful and needy info for any lvl. I Now the useful troops for tat war. Really appreciable work done by you and your sqaud.

Thanks a lot buddy! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Best,
Admiral Piett

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#4 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:40 am

Some comments:

1. Controlling the outposts should depend on which squad has more players on. If you outnumber your opponent (even if your squad is weaker on paper), then you should control the outposts (meaning always try to get and take back the outposts right away). You look at the number of players attacking (and also from the war screen squad pull down) to get a sense of how many players the opponent has. On the other hand, if the opponent outnumbers you, then let them keep the outposts, and you only take the outpost(s) when your attackers are ready, so you have the outposts captured just before your attackers hit bases.

2. Lower level players should take lower level outposts. i.e. If you have L6-7 players, let them capture outposts when the level is still low. Also, use armory equipments on outpost planets.

3. With Tat in play, yes one should go with mech load, but load composition is highly dependent on base layout and turret composition. You should give a couple of recommended loadouts: one for condensed base, and one for spreadout base.

4. With Yavin in play, I would recommend Kubaz and TIE defenders, strikers over TIE-Advanced. Kubaz to down shields to let you use strikers on SC troops and defenders on turrets.

5. A good war guide should also have some suggestion on base design and defense SC troop for the various outposts in play.

6. And add a section when Dando in play.

Great job with the guide, btw.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#5 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:35 am

One massive omission from the Tat war section is the power of MTV7s for attacking bases, particularly those with resources around the edge. After taking out resources the MTV7s can devastate a base, and at only 5 uc you can fit loads of them in your transports.
Also, I echo those comments about Tie Advanced. If I dont have Yavin I may use advanced but with Yavin I absolutely try and avoid using them instead using Kubaz and then filling up the starport with tie defenders to wipe out all the turrets.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#6 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:58 am

P.S. I think there should also be a 2 important sections after the intro about 1) scouting bases before war starts, 2) planning a strategy to take out the enemy squad centre and droidekas.

1) Scouting bases:
The loadout which should be used will in vary a fair bit depending on the layout of the base you are planning to attack. Also you should include how to scout for trap locations as this really helps to make sure you dont end up getting groups of your troops wiped out. For defensive strategy it can also help to move all your trap locations 10 mins before war start, just in case the enemy has scouted your traps....this can really mess up their attack.
2) Taking out squad centres:
No1 priority for me every war attack is working out how to take out the squad centre, or of that is too hard then how best to deal with squad centre troops. Failing to do this often results in a failure to get all 3 uplinks.

Another point is if you fail to get all 3 uplinks make sure to give your squadmates as much intel as possible. If possible use a screenrecorded then share, this way you mates can see exactly where the traps are and what defending troops they have to deal with (in the event you failed to deal with the SC per point 2 above).

Geez, I could go on and on.....
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#7 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:20 am

Thank you for your review guys! I'll update the doc as soon as I get the time!

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

DeathStriker

Post#8 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:05 am

AdmiralPiett wrote:NOTE- Please also tell me how I can improve this doc.

AdmiralPiett - I noted that current document is focused toward Empire Faction.

• Perhaps you could make the document to applicable to Both Factions - that is...

• Add info for Rebel Faction.
  • There are several "War Techniques" that are common to Both Factions.
  • You could have 3 Sections:

• General War Strategy For All Factions.
    • Empire Faction Specific War Strategies.
    • Rebel Faction Specific War Strategies.
Just some thoughts....

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#9 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:19 am

sgu97cab wrote:One massive omission from the Tat war section is the power of MTV7s for attacking bases, particularly those with resources around the edge. After taking out resources the MTV7s can devastate a base, and at only 5 uc you can fit loads of them in your transports.
Also, I echo those comments about Tie Advanced. If I dont have Yavin I may use advanced but with Yavin I absolutely try and avoid using them instead using Kubaz and then filling up the starport with tie defenders to wipe out all the turrets.

I just realized you are in NewSithEmpire... reading the signature helps. I'm slow that way sometimes lol. You got us twice. The first war was pretty epic. I was on vacation the second one, and didn't get to participate. I look forward to a 3rd time :D
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#10 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:38 am

sgu97cab wrote:P.S. I think there should also be a 2 important sections after the intro about 1) scouting bases before war starts, 2) planning a strategy to take out the enemy squad centre and droidekas.

1) Scouting bases:
The loadout which should be used will in vary a fair bit depending on the layout of the base you are planning to attack. Also you should include how to scout for trap locations as this really helps to make sure you dont end up getting groups of your troops wiped out. For defensive strategy it can also help to move all your trap locations 10 mins before war start, just in case the enemy has scouted your traps....this can really mess up their attack.
2) Taking out squad centres:
No1 priority for me every war attack is working out how to take out the squad centre, or of that is too hard then how best to deal with squad centre troops. Failing to do this often results in a failure to get all 3 uplinks.

Another point is if you fail to get all 3 uplinks make sure to give your squadmates as much intel as possible. If possible use a screenrecorded then share, this way you mates can see exactly where the traps are and what defending troops they have to deal with (in the event you failed to deal with the SC per point 2 above).

Geez, I could go on and on.....

Excellent points.

Based on what you wrote, I can guess that you guys do really well in wars :)

Scouting bases and plan for loadout requires skills and experiences, and they can vary depending on your level and what troops you have unlocked, and whether you have the specific HQ samples. It is more of an advance topic.

As far as trap scouting, I consider that a cheat :), and even though I know how to do it, I won’t do it or tell anyone about it. It’s an exploit of a software bug, IMHO. Dev should fix this (but I am not the one who tell them as my peers will yell at me, lol). Experience players can use vanguards or shocks to scan traps, or guess from some obvious spots on the map.

Return to “General Discussions”