Goodbye Everyone

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Goodbye Everyone

Post#1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:21 pm

As the title suggests, I’m officially done with SWC. Scratch that. I’m done with mobile games in general. I’ve played this game before squad wars and kessen sniping were things and you know what I’ve noticed? It’s not worth it. It’s not just the fact that no matter how much grinding you do to stay on top, whether it’s maxing GR or Dekas, someone will ALWAYS beat your base at will. It’s not just the lack of content or garbage content that we don’t ask for but get anyways. It’s not just the constant glitches and crashes. It’s not just the near necessity to spend actual money to be competitive. Oh no, those are comparatively small issues. The biggest problem I have with SWC and other mobile games is their basic nature of pushing life aside. This is the reason I WILL NOT sell my account to you. I won’t enable someone else to waste as much time as I have into this potentially life-ruining activity.

Speaking of wasting time: How many of you look at your stupid phone every 12 seconds to see if your base has been attacked? How about those projects you’ve put off for so long? How many of you feel really depressed all while possibly being two washed dishes away from getting laid but are too busy to pick up the signals given to you from the other person in the kitchen because you are too busy grinding for tauntaun frags to notice?

This is the stuff I was realizing and I decided to take a break from SWC. It was an awesome week and I’m not going back to the old grind. I’m not going back to the frustration of missing out on R/L because I needed 100k more CB for a deka that may not even exist a few months from now if Disney pulls the plug. What I will miss is the interaction I had with my squadmates in Imperial_Enclave, including the great Spock of forum fame. I’ll miss this forum. But that’s just it. These things aren’t the game. These are actual people that I can talk to on social media. This is what matters more to me so why do I bother playing the crap game that’s sort of a part of it?

What it all comes down to is living an actual life and not a virtual one when it bids us to do so, which in the case of SWC and other mobile games is always. We pretty much always have our phones on us and probably feel that urge to “check in”. If you’ve ever said to yourself “I don’t really like this game, I need to quit”, you really should do just that. Continuing won’t make you happy and it won’t fill the void in your life. That’s what living is for. My advice to everyone here is to take an honest look away from the screen and see what you aren’t doing. Take a break. It can be a day, a week, a month. The game will still be there and having maxed at-st skins isn’t going to have the impact on gameplay that you might imagine (hint: maxed anything is extremely overrated). If you find yourself enjoying life a lot more during your break from SWC or whatever game you’re into, that’s your signal to stop playing. Please consider what I said and thanks for the great memories on this forum. We battled at times but it was glorious. You actual people made my SWC experience fun. Not this crappy and easily deletable game.

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Re: Goodbye Everyone

Post#2 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Good luck with your life Plaguies!
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Proud member Of ChaosWolfPck

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:06 am

A decision worthy of Plagueis the Wise!
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:16 am

You are absolutely right, my friend. Real Life is always more important.

As with many things, once things stop being fun, it's time to stop.

I've enjoyed reading your posts over the years. If you return, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading them again.

I wish you well for the future.

And remember, the Force will be with you always.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

TNT
Major General

Post#5 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:46 am

May the Force be with you Plagieus.

I've had the same realization a long time ago so I've put all my mobile games on a very slow burn. I refuse to let a shitty game designed to attack my wallet dictate my life. :) It's a good realization to have.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#6 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:54 am

Good luck to you Plagieus!!!! Wonderful way to sign off and can't argue with any of your points.

Personally speaking I turned off notifications at Christmas last year and haven't looked back... just turn on now and then when I want to have a game... Fuck the Frags... and they can stick their bang average EP grind where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!!!

Remember folks, it's a game and there are many more things out there to enjoy! The second it isn't fun any more........... delete!!!

Happy Friday folks, may the Force be with you.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
148,300 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#7 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:57 am

+100. I was offline for several months and didn't miss the game much at all. I came back about a month ago, but already I'm getting bored again and I only check-in for wars for the last two weeks. I check this forum once a day to keep up with the general mood. But even this forum has become almost empty of any real discussion (Rants about Rodian skins get a lot of engagement and jokers like Whttman33 do too) Wars have been fun for a couple of weeks since I've been back, but about to retire again. Zynga bought a wasteland, hope they can do something with it.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: A Level 42 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

CoolGuy
Commodore

Post#8 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:33 am

Well spoken and farewell.

The trick is not to let the game interfere with RL, and don't set up notifications. I only play during down time in RL, and luckily I can play at work.

For me this is something that keeps my mind active and is a great social activity with friends all around the earth. That would be the thing I missed the most if I quit.

DeathStriker

Post#9 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:19 am

Plagueis wrote:As the title suggests, I’m officially done with SWC.

Plagueis - Sad to see an Honorable Opponent leave the game but I do understand your reasons for doing so.

Each Commander must determine when it is time to "retire" and leave the Battlefield and your reasons for leaving are valid and worthy of each of us to keep in mind as we make our own decisions about SWC.

I wish you much good health, happiness, and success in your future endeavors.

MTFBWYA :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

chicohound
Commodore

Post#10 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:32 am

Plagueis, as someone who is contemplating the same thing, I feel your pain.

Much the best in all your future endeavors.

Return to “General Discussions”