Are rodian skins currently earnable?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Admiral

Re: Are rodian skins currently earnable?

Post#11 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 pm

Jaykoz3 wrote:It amazes me that many of the players on this board state they have been playing since the beginning, yet they conveniently forget just how unforgiving the game was before the Frag system.....

The frag system is not all or nothing. You know what was all or nothing? The old conflict system. You don't have the time to grind for UC??? Oh well you are SOL, no unit/unit upgrade for you, have some samples instead............

At least with the Frag System players get something. You can chip away and unlock units through Conflicts, HD's, Daily Objectives, and SW Crates.

Oh, and the Rodian skins didn't unbalance the game. FFS, can players just stop with this BS narrative???? Adapt and evolve, that's the name of the game.

Rodians unbalanced the game, yes. Imperials had GR Snipers + Medics + Rodians skin 149% if I remember well? I loved my Medics + Rodians, and it took months for the Devs remove the Medics, and more a few months to nerf the Rodians. Now Rodiians aren't a big problem for many good Rebels attackers.

I am playing this game since August, 2014 (started on Windows as Imperial) and since August, 2016 as Rebel on Android due to the Windows "Groundhog Day" bug that left many bases deactived for 2 weeks.

I was able to have a better experience with the Armory and the frag system while my Rebel base on Android was growing slowly, and on Windows I already was Level 10 when Armory was introduced... Then you can imagine. Armory ruined my base on Windows. Couldn't win attacks against buffed defensive bases, or Defenses against buffed troops, and could not win HDs for Armory units. I had an almost zero armory for months. When I started to build my Armory and get victories again, the Windows game was closed.

I never was able to unlock Kessen on Windows, because he was available on conflicts on ErKit, the last planet I unlocked when I already was Level 10. When I moved to ErKit to play my first conflict for Kessen, all I got was the CNFOs...

The frag system is not a problem. Is a solution when you put frags available on HDs, Conflicts, Events, Daily Objectives, and you give more options and chances for everyone to get the frags to unlock and upgrade all units. The problem is game keeps releasing more and more new units to unlock/upgrade through frag system every month, and most of these units you only see again afteer 6 months or more, and you have dozens of units to unlock and upgrade right now, and you only have one Lab...

Then the current frag system is collapsing the game and making players give up of conflicts and events because they think everyhting is pointless if you are playing like a mad for something you only can use in 6 moths, maybe 1 year...
Last edited by mkenobi on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DarthTrumpf
Squadron Leader

Post#12 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:40 pm

You missed where you could pay $50 and get ten chances at frags you may or may not need. I dont know if the rodian was a possibility. $50 is a lot to pay for frags when you can just buy an xbox game forever with half that. My guess is that was Zynga's idea. The Sharks testing the waters for whales.
My favorite character from the original movies is Johhar Kessen!

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#13 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:27 pm

DarthTrumpf wrote:You missed where you could pay $50 and get ten chances at frags you may or may not need. I dont know if the rodian was a possibility. $50 is a lot to pay for frags when you can just buy an xbox game forever with half that. My guess is that was Zynga's idea. The Sharks testing the waters for whales.

Rodains where not in that, and even if they where wouldn't have done it. I did shell out for five droids, at lvl 6 but seemed like only way to not spend 2 years catching m u base up to h.q lvl.
From the brightest light comes the darkest shadow,
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#14 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:42 pm

mkenobi wrote:
Jaykoz3 wrote:It amazes me that many of the players on this board state they have been playing since the beginning, yet they conveniently forget just how unforgiving the game was before the Frag system.....

The frag system is not all or nothing. You know what was all or nothing? The old conflict system. You don't have the time to grind for UC??? Oh well you are SOL, no unit/unit upgrade for you, have some samples instead............

At least with the Frag System players get something. You can chip away and unlock units through Conflicts, HD's, Daily Objectives, and SW Crates.

Oh, and the Rodian skins didn't unbalance the game. FFS, can players just stop with this BS narrative???? Adapt and evolve, that's the name of the game.

Rodians unbalanced the game, yes. Imperials had GR Snipers + Medics + Rodians skin 149% if I remember well? I loved my Medics + Rodians, and it took months for the Devs remove the Medics, and more a few months to nerf the Rodians. Now Rodiians aren't a big problem for many good Rebels attackers.

I am playing this game since August, 2014 (started on Windows as Imperial) and since August, 2016 as Rebel on Android due to the Windows "Groundhog Day" bug that left many bases deactived for 2 weeks.

I was able to have a better experience with the Armory and the frag system while my Rebel base on Android was growing slowly, and on Windows I already was Level 10 when Armory was introduced... Then you can imagine. Armory ruined my base on Windows. Couldn't win attacks against buffed defensive bases, or Defenses against buffed troops, and could not win HDs for Armory units. I had an almost zero armory for months. When I started to build my Armory and get victories again, the Windows game was closed.

I never was able to unlock Kessen on Windows, because he was available on conflicts on ErKit, the last planet I unlocked when I already was Level 10. When I moved to ErKit to play my first conflict for Kessen, all I got was the CNFOs...

The frag system is not a problem. Is a solution when you put frags available on HDs, Conflicts, Events, Daily Objectives, and you give more options and chances for everyone to get the frags to unlock and upgrade all units. The problem is game keeps releasing more and more new units to unlock/upgrade through frag system every month, and most of these units you only see again afteer 6 months or more, and you have dozens of units to unlock and upgrade right now, and you only have one Lab...

Then the current frag system is collapsing the game and making players give up of conflicts and events because they think everyhting is pointless if you are playing like a mad for something you only can use in 6 moths, maybe 1 year...

i agree there are a ton of pointless units, any game I have ever played PvP wise you have to stay with the changing meta and within it what's ever o.p confines currently are.. that being said some units that really are worthless for their intended purpose, can have other uses. Take the imperial mtv-7 for instance , attacking with them there is so many better ways. But a s.c full of lvl 8 mtvs used on defense can be a rather nasty surprise
From the brightest light comes the darkest shadow,
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

TNT
Major General

Post#15 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:48 am

mkenobi wrote:Rodians unbalanced the game, yes. Imperials had GR Snipers + Medics + Rodians skin 149% if I remember well? I loved my Medics + Rodians, and it took months for the Devs remove the Medics, and more a few months to nerf the Rodians. Now Rodiians aren't a big problem for many good Rebels attackers.

Mkenobi, as always, is on point.

The ever increasing costs which is arbitrarily applied to different skins or new units also doesn't help.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#16 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:38 am

Richaldo wrote:
Shadow1979 wrote:
Richaldo wrote:

If
Rodians are just one example... think of all of the other units that aren't currently on the market (granted some are crap).

Good that you are persisting, and good luck to you.

Hanging on for the Fathier and LIN frags :D
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:01 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:Hanging on for the Fathier and LIN frags :D

Lol... you know I don't think i've logged into the game since my comment... I think it depressed me hahahah!!!

Break out the LIN army.... Fathier FTW
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
148,300 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

Return to “General Discussions”