Are rodian skins currently earnable?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Are rodian skins currently earnable?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:25 am

Might not be posting this thread in the right place, if so please point me to proper thread.

I missed rodians unlock last time they came around (naval event last march) below h.q lvl to earn skins. I am now h .q nine with more then decent progess on most skins with several at lvl seven but have yet to earn a single rodian frag.
I have looked all over trying to find out if anywhere are they earnable, can anyone confirm that they are and if so where? Thanks
From the brightest light comes the darkest shadow,
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

Spock
Admiral

Re: Are rodian skins currently earnable?

Post#2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:20 am

They are not. You’ll have to wait until an event that offeres them come around again.
We don’t know for sure when that will be yet.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:21 am

You will need to wait for another Naval Event to try unlock Rodians... Devs messed up the game (or as we use to say here, they "threw shit on the fan") when allowed Rodians to be used in Imperial GR and ruined the balance in the game.

Now they are holding these units and didn't give too many frags for Rodians in the Crates in the last Naval Event to try not raise the unbalance while they try to find a way to clean up the mess they did...

Keep searching for news about another Naval Event in the Forum. If we have a next one soon, our Data Miners will say.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#4 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:32 am

I figured they where not, I go elite crate crazy every event which is way I have several skins so high. Only three skins I have never gotten a frag for would be rodians, Darth Vader skin and naval officer. Gonna hazard a guess that none of them are earnable.

Oh well snipers guard reserve almost lvl 4 and skinned bursts hold back the rebels well enough guess we have to wait on next naval event
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:35 am

mkenobi wrote:You will need to wait for another Naval Event to try unlock Rodians... Devs messed up the game (or as we use to say here, they "threw shit on the fan") when allowed Rodians to be used in Imperial GR and ruined the balance in the game.

Now they are holding these units and didn't give too many frags for Rodians in the Crates in the last Naval Event to try not raise the unbalance while they try to find a way to clean up the mess they did...

Keep searching for news about another Naval Event in the Forum. If we have a next one soon, our Data Miners will say.

If it's one thing this post proves... is that the frag system SUCKS!!!! How can a unit not just be generally upgradable... waiting since March is a joke ... I imagine loads of players must be in the situation of the OP... I'm seriously wondering what is the point of some people upgrading with the skins? Without upgrading... the game becomes stale IMO...

They seriously need to do something to allow units to be upgraded more regularly... else I can see a lot of players leaving which would be a massive shame...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#6 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:58 am

Richaldo wrote:
mkenobi wrote:You will need to wait for another Naval Event to try unlock Rodians... Devs messed up the game (or as we use to say here, they "threw shit on the fan") when allowed Rodians to be used in Imperial GR and ruined the balance in the game.

If it's one thing this post proves... is that the frag system SUCKS!!!! How can a unit not just be generally upgradable... waiting since March is a joke ... I imagine loads of players must be in the situation of the OP... I'm seriously wondering what is the point of some people upgrading with the skins? Without upgrading... the game becomes stale IMO...

They seriously need to do something to allow units to be upgraded more regularly... else I can see a lot of players leaving which would be a massive shame...

Hey I mean I want rodians much as the next imperial does, but I attack and defend fine with out them, they would make my life easier on d but in March I was like h.q three and been playing a week tops didn't really miss them till later,
Officer in death-dealer
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

SpaceDandy
Captain

Post#7 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:09 am

In the Windows days, I could play in the evenings and get to the top 2%. It was a smaller pool of players but given it is a percent system, i’m not sure that matters. When I came to the new server and came to realize the macro-using sandbaggers clog the board and freeze players out. And that the rewards are less - it used to be 32 frags, then 16, then 8 so more frags if you miss the top level. The result was I stopped doing conflicts which used to be - and some of this predates the armory and goes back to unlock units (A’s, HWKs, etc. were planet specific) - a viable means of keeping me active, burning crystals to max my progress in the evening play Windows I had, and break protection to pad my conflict rank before I went to work. Make conflicts work again and rotate the units - even go back to higher 5% rewards to make it less all or nothing and new players can have hope.

Thanks for posting this, I wondered how new players that were playing it straight and going for frags were faring.
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#8 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:21 am

I rushed to h.q six for skin unlocks then stopped got five droids caught base up and continued on. Frags aren't hard to come by just kinda hit or miss so many skins and yet so few worthwhile units
Officer in death-dealer
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:30 am

It amazes me that many of the players on this board state they have been playing since the beginning, yet they conveniently forget just how unforgiving the game was before the Frag system.....

The frag system is not all or nothing. You know what was all or nothing? The old conflict system. You don't have the time to grind for UC??? Oh well you are SOL, no unit/unit upgrade for you, have some samples instead............

At least with the Frag System players get something. You can chip away and unlock units through Conflicts, HD's, Daily Objectives, and SW Crates.

Oh, and the Rodian skins didn't unbalance the game. FFS, can players just stop with this BS narrative???? Adapt and evolve, that's the name of the game.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:34 am

Shadow1979 wrote:
Richaldo wrote:

Hey I mean I want rodians much as the next imperial does, but I attack and defend fine with out them, they would make my life easier on d but in March I was like h.q three and been playing a week tops didn't really miss them till later,

Rodians are just one example... think of all of the other units that aren't currently on the market (granted some are crap).

Good that you are persisting, and good luck to you.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Return to “General Discussions”