War matchmaking taking too long!!!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Zach
Commodore

Re: War matchmaking taking too long!!!

Post#11 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:08 am

So does this mean more Rebel squads want to war compared to imperial? Is that what’s making MM take so long for Rebels?

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#12 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:20 am

Have you looked at a site like ksod.us, can give you a idea of similar squads your are gonna match with
From the brightest light comes the darkest shadow,
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#13 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:55 am

Zach wrote:So does this mean more Rebel squads want to war compared to imperial? Is that what’s making MM take so long for Rebels?

It's a time zone issue... It's virtually impossible to get a match after US working hours for rebel squads because most imperial squads lean toward European hours. So during the week, it's very difficult for US rebels to get a match.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#14 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Shelendil wrote:
Zach wrote:So does this mean more Rebel squads want to war compared to imperial? Is that what’s making MM take so long for Rebels?

It's a time zone issue... It's virtually impossible to get a match after US working hours for rebel squads because most imperial squads lean toward European hours. So during the week, it's very difficult for US rebels to get a match.

From what I can tell ...
- IMP match making now takes seconds, compared to 1-2 hours before
- Rebel match making now takes hours, compared to seconds before.

It's not the timezone. Seems like more IMPs are either quitting war, or taking extended breaks.

Zach
Commodore

Post#15 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:07 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Shelendil wrote:

From what I can tell ...

It's not the timezone. Seems like more IMPs are either quitting war, or taking extended breaks.

Interesting. Why are Imps quitting wars? Poor rewards maybe in victory crates?

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#16 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:14 am

Zach wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Shelendil wrote:

From what I can tell ...

I can't speak for others, but for my IMP squad, we either got bored or busy with real life. We moved from warring twice a week, to once a week, and now not even once a week. Our veterans are playing less and less, and we can't recruit many new and active players to replace them.
Perhaps other IMP commanders can chime in.
I am sure the same thing happened with rebels too, but for some reasons IMPs are quitting war faster than rebs at the moment.

DeathStriker

Post#17 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Zach wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Seems like more IMPs are either quitting war, or taking extended breaks.

I can't speak for others, but for my IMP squad, we either got bored or busy with real life. We moved from warring twice a week, to once a week, and now not even once a week. Our veterans are playing less and less, and we can't recruit many new and active players to replace them.
Perhaps other IMP commanders can chime in.
I am sure the same thing happened with rebels too, but for some reasons IMPs are quitting war faster than rebs at the moment.

This conversation seems to mirror in part the current trend posted here.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#18 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:04 pm

It just took my squad 2 hours to find a match, and we were matched against a collection of 8's, 9's, and two 10's against our three 9's, and twelve 10's. Absolutely not a fair fight. They probably wouldn't have a chance if it were a tak war, but neither tak, nor dand is a part of this war.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:55 pm

We started matchmaking almost two hours ago. Let it run for 1 hr 45 minutes, then stopped it and restarted. It's been going for five minutes. We usually get instant matchups. We have 2 10's, 5 or so 9's, and go on down to 6. Glad we didn't draw FM's squad, lol, although that would have been about par for the course for us lately.

LordManson
Squadron Leader

Post#20 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:36 am

Imperial squad- used to take up to 2 hours. Now we are matching in 10 seconds or less

Return to “General Discussions”