NOTICE: Disney Sells SWC Development To Zynga

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spock
Admiral

Re: NOTICE: Disney Sells SWC Development To Zynga

Post#81 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:17 pm

FinrodFelagund wrote:Think about it from Zynga’s point of view: they now have full access to the game, and The Rat put it on autopilot for the next what, month or six weeks? Zynga gets time then to make a determination of what they will actually do; some possibilities include: realize the game is in such a bad state that they simply leave it as is for however months they need to until they can put out a new Star Wars game; or come up with a game plan to modify existing units/events to stabilize the game, perhaps halting the loss of players; or they decide that the best way to make money (let us not forget that is their ultimate goal) is to revamp the game by introducing new content to entice new players; or some combination of the above; and there could be any number of other options. I recognize that this is speculation, and as a general rule I detest when people speculate, but suffice it to say, the game is on autopilot, we must be patient. Zygna probably will not and honestly should not start to immediately make drastic changes or even advising on how to approach issues, such as Tamarack’s query, until they know what they have to work with.

I fully agree with my pointy eared friend here. :)

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Re: ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

Post#82 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Tamarack wrote:
TNT wrote:
blackdog wrote:Zynga has taken over support. https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/st ... commander/

Okay good, now someone else can ignore us. :lol:

Well Zynga got back to me asap (within 12 hours). They have asked for a bunch of information. I will fill out their form/request once I get home from work and update as to the fix.

When I sent Disney the ticket for not receiving notifications/requests/chat on Android they said that it was a known issue they were working on. Now let's see what Zynga says.

Cheers,

Tamarack

Tamarack,

I'm not sure if it's the exact same issue you are seeing, but sometimes the chat thread on my iPhone or Android tablet will not display requests. I run the cleaner to clear out the garbage/cache and reboot. Seems to work.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

Tamarack
Commodore

Re: ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

Post#83 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:44 am

lukeskywalker wrote:
Tamarack wrote:
TNT wrote:Okay good, now someone else can ignore us. :lol:

Well Zynga got back to me asap (within 12 hours). They have asked for a bunch of information. I will fill out their form/request once I get home from work and update as to the fix.

When I sent Disney the ticket for not receiving notifications/requests/chat on Android they said that it was a known issue they were working on. Now let's see what Zynga says.

Cheers,

Tamarack

Tamarack,

I'm not sure if it's the exact same issue you are seeing, but sometimes the chat thread on my iPhone or Android tablet will not display requests. I run the cleaner to clear out the garbage/cache and reboot. Seems to work.

Well I will try that also! It couldn't hurt. Basically I see my old messages from 4h plus ago but I do not see anything from the squad. No chat notifications, people leaving/joining squad, or requests.

Zygna gave me this response last night:

### Do not reply below this line ###
Kurt F.
January 10, 2019, 14:27 -0700
Hi Tamarack,

Thank you for updating us. We will be sharing your experience to our team. This will be checked further and if they'll be needing additional information, we'll definitely reach you out.

Regards,
Kurt
Zynga Player Support

Cheers all,

Tamarack
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Quote for Clarity
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

DeathStriker

Post#84 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:48 am

**Posted In Another Topic found here **

Spock wrote:With today’s update I was asked to share a brief message from Natural motion (Zynga)

Note - They are taking over the old official swc forums and they will be posting future updates there.

Commanders,

Greetings from NaturalMotion!

Earlier this year, we announced that we would be assuming operations of Star Wars™: Commander. Today, we’re excited to say that the transition to our studio has been completed and we’re now overseeing all operations of the game.

Over the coming weeks and months, we’ll be working hard behind the scenes to ensure the regular live events you already enjoy continue without interruption.

Be sure to check https://www.starwarscommander.com/ for future updates from us!

Oliver Bulloss
Star Wars: Commander General Manager

Spreading The Word...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#85 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 am

I know that a lot of people (myself included) to like to complain about the current state of the game, but, is the game actually broken in any way? I know that there are annoyances and things could be improved but I do not think the game in anywhere close to being broken.

I have 4 accounts, 2 for each faction, and the game is completely playable for all of them. (Granted I have to drop medals in between each conflict for my HQ 8-9 bases so that I can place in conflicts, but I can and do do that and I continue to play with all accounts.)

All the new owners really have to do is to start actively trying to bring in new players and start making the new frags usable rather than DOA (Dead on Arrival) as no one like to grind for useless skins like C3PO and these LIN droids. They could also tweak some of the current units to make them more playable and see more use.

When the armoury was first introduced I kind of assumed that it would turn into a constant arms race where each new skin that came out would shift the balance of power and require most players to grind to acquire them or fall behind but Disney stopped the arms race after releasing the jets/jumps... really if a player had maxed them when they first came out, they could have skipped grinding far anything since then and still be at the top of the game all this time later.

If new players are coming in and there is constantly something new and awesome to chase after for the current players, the game should prosper.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#86 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 am

strawman3125 wrote:I know that a lot of people (myself included) to like to complain about the current state of the game, but, is the game actually broken in any way? I know that there are annoyances and things could be improved but I do not think the game in anywhere close to being broken.

I have 4 accounts, 2 for each faction, and the game is completely playable for all of them. (Granted I have to drop medals in between each conflict for my HQ 8-9 bases so that I can place in conflicts, but I can and do do that and I continue to play with all accounts.)

All the new owners really have to do is to start actively trying to bring in new players and start making the new frags usable rather than DOA (Dead on Arrival) as no one like to grind for useless skins like C3PO and these LIN droids. They could also tweak some of the current units to make them more playable and see more use.

When the armoury was first introduced I kind of assumed that it would turn into a constant arms race where each new skin that came out would shift the balance of power and require most players to grind to acquire them or fall behind but Disney stopped the arms race after releasing the jets/jumps... really if a player had maxed them when they first came out, they could have skipped grinding far anything since then and still be at the top of the game all this time later.

If new players are coming in and there is constantly something new and awesome to chase after for the current players, the game should prosper.

I've been playing since day one on both Windows and Android... yes I am that sad...

The game 'physically' isn't broken, in that you can log in, play against people, battle etc...... however...... since prestige there has been literally months of endless shit tournaments... and by shit i mean FUCKING SHIT......... 2 weeks for the spider, shock troops, the fucking LIN now....... and no alternative e.g. EP events, different tournaments for planets... it's like they've stripped the fun out of it and left us with a poor man's version of the game.......

So no, possible not broken, but compared to the other games I play (yes I am a massive gaming geek) this has really hit the shitter and is currently aweful......... I've gone from 10-20 attacks a day... to one attack in the last 2 weeks. . .

I'm holding out hope... but right now, there's just a lot better games out there. Fingers crossed for Zynga to sort it!!! :)

Peace.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#87 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 am

The upgrade schedule for event-based units is completely broken. It is insane that it takes 220 frags to upgrade the LIN or all the other event units from 10 to 11. Crate rewards are broken. It is insane you need to UC about 70 times to upgrade the atst and atmp half skins to level 10.

Matchmaking is completely broken unless you are prestige or war with an all prestige squad. Matchmaking is the worst problem in the game imo.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#88 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:43 am

Richaldo wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:I know that a lot of people (myself included) to like to complain about the current state of the game, but, is the game actually broken in any way? I know that there are annoyances and things could be improved but I do not think the game in anywhere close to being broken.

I've been playing since day one on both Windows and Android... yes I am that sad...

The game 'physically' isn't broken, in that you can log in, play against people, battle etc...... however...... since prestige there has been literally months of endless shit tournaments... 2 weeks for the spider, shock troops, the fucking LIN now....... and no alternative e.g. EP events, different tournaments for planets... it's like they've stripped the fun out of it and left us with a poor man's version of the game.......

I'm holding out hope... Fingers crossed for Zynga to sort it!!! :)

Peace.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#89 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Boog wrote:The upgrade schedule for event-based units is completely broken. It is insane that it takes 220 frags to upgrade the LIN or all the other event units from 10 to 11. Crate rewards are broken. It is insane you need to UC about 70 times to upgrade the atst and atmp half skins to level 10.

Matchmaking is completely broken unless you are prestige or war with an all prestige squad. Matchmaking is the worst problem in the game imo.

Matchmaking always was a problem, but is worse now... PvP is ridiculous now if you (like me) have a HQ 8 and have to fight only HQ 10 and Prestige. And I do not know if it's because the player base has shrunk too much, and with less players in squads, less squads can play squad wars, the risks of a mismatch is greater now. And also have the medal dumpers, sandbaggers and mini bases that affect the matchmaking as whole.

A lot of bad things happened in the last year that affected the base of players. There have been problems with updates (medalgate is the latest of them), the Amazon closing and wrong choices for useless units due to Disney's need to promote the latest SW movies. Except for the Rogue One units when the movie was released and reissues of that event that proved to be successful just because all units were valid to be contested, this did not happen with the The Last Jedi and Solo "slot machines" units. But while they were offered in the Event System format, players went for them because there were better units in the rewards.

Put those units in individual conflicts like they did with the spider and the junk droid. Who in his right mind will grind for a week only for that? And we have 2 weeks of junk droids conflicts!
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

desmshei

Post#90 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Well my first, and hopefully my last public comment since Zynga took over

Natural Motions jumped in since around midday to lead the development and since then I cannot go to pvp - click and nothing happens. At least I hope the timers are running so my dreka upgrades are happening

Till tomorrow to see if the matter is resolved

Return to “General Discussions”