NOTICE: Disney Sells SWC Development To Zynga

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Midge
Grand Admiral

Re: NOTICE: Disney Sells SWC Development To Zynga

Post#41 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:00 am

DarthTrumpf wrote:We are all about to become Moisture Farmers.

I see you ...

:D :lol: :)
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

ComanderWolfe1
Commodore

Post#42 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:57 am

lc77 wrote:BaZynga.

Thats what I first thought when I heard the name...
Leader of Browncoatswash ...............Firefly fans
Level 11 Rebel 105K Medals,, Commanderwolfe in game.
Long gone Squad The-Wolfe-Pack
Room for more, PM to join

erfs
Commodore

Post#43 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:49 am

FelixKostobi wrote:I think that with Zynga there will be some pay-to-get-only items which unless is about new powerful units you can't play without is not a bad thing. There are people that would probably pay a reasonable price to get another cantina, lab or any other building. Let's wait and see.

Personally, I would like it if they on hand still allowed you to grind for units but at the same time allowed you to buy these units at a reasonable price.

With Disney, they only offer "surprise" crates. Bought some in the beginning hoping to get that one unit but after having spent 3k Crystals on crates it turns out I was not even half way there but instead got tons of frags for units I did not care about.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#44 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Well, random crates is needed to generate revenue. If they gave you a level X Tog for $100 then you might not spend another damn dime.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

ForceMel
Major General

Post#45 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:02 pm

This game could have been far more successful if they had not bugled just about everything from the beginning. As those of you who were here at the beginning like I was know, they totally botched this game, and broke major components of it with every update. Hell, in Windows, they accidentally purged 3/2 of the player base in December 2014, when the game was just 4 months old. I hope this new company can be creative, and do some things to bring in new players.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#46 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:47 am

In the articles linked it does not specify a timetable. Does anyone have a different source that specifies when Zynga will begin hosting the game, or officially assuming development responsibilities?
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

DeathStriker

Post#47 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:17 am

FinrodFelagund wrote:In the articles linked it does not specify a timetable. Does anyone have a different source that specifies when Zynga will begin hosting the game, or officially assuming development responsibilities?

FinrodFelagund - Most current "sources" on the web report the same thing...

As part of the non-exclusive licensing deal, Zynga will take over live operations for the existing mobile tower defense game Star Wars: Commander

It is presummed that Zygna is currently looking at the code and we will see more information once the current SWC Event is done.

As for "hosting" the game on their own Game Servers I don't think that will happen but that Zynga will "service" the game code on existing Disney Servers (speculation on my part).

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#48 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks DS.
I look forward to more facts, here we only have speculation which is not what I am looking for.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

Spock
Admiral

Post#49 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Personally I expect things to change hands closer to year end.
Disney will probably continue until the 4th quarter ends then hand it off.
Keeping a constant eye out for anything beyond speculation.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with over 600 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

SpaceDandy
Captain

Post#50 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:38 pm

Well, if you are in Brighton, England, they are hiring for Star Wars... Could be to start the new game, could be for us... but hey, it means they are putting money into resources and the postings are new (I checked the first couple days after the agreement was signed with Disney and the site, "career" section included, was devoid of any mention of Star Wars...

http://www.naturalmotion.com/careers
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Return to “General Discussions”