NOTICE: Disney Sells SWC Development To Zynga

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Re: NOTICE: Disney Sells SWC Development To Zynga

Post#31 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:27 am

https://forums.zynga.com
Did a quick search and found that they have an active community and communication with developers. That's a good sign.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

DeathStriker

Post#32 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:43 am

Forceisweaknyou wrote: https://forums.zynga.com

Did a quick search and found that they have an active community and communication with developers. That's a good sign.

Forceisweaknyou - Yes that does look good. I foresee in time a possible addition of SWC to Zynga's Forum Collection that perhaps will restore something akin to what Old Players like myself had on the Playdom Forum.

Only time will tell...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

SilverBEAR
Commander

Post#33 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:01 am

Zynga is actually the team behind the game Dawn of Titans. If anyone has ever played DOT, there are great community aspects of that game that could be applied to SWC. Especially the team chat features that allow for one on one discussion and in game chat with other Squads. Can you imagine a open forum with another Squad during War?

Open the door to some trash talk baby.
Game Name: Silver Bear
Squad: EventHorizon

No bastard ever won a War by dying for his Empire.
He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his Rebellion.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#34 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:53 am

Has anyone gotten crystals in random crates lately? I'm wondering if the amounts or frequency will change. My secondary base has been cleaning up since I got it to level 9. I didn't realize the xtal awards would be higher in crates at 9 vs. 8 (12/15 xtals vs 9/10).

One thing they could do to make cash is put samples for sale in the store. I bet they'd do well if they sold 20 packs of Rodian samples for 100 xtals. They could also put Tie Brutes and TX-225 and jacked up ATST samples in there. Anyway, that's what I'd do, lol. I could definitely see buying the Rodians for wars.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#35 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 am

SilverBEAR wrote:Zynga is actually the team behind the game Dawn of Titans. If anyone has ever played DOT, there are great community aspects of that game that could be applied to SWC. Especially the team chat features that allow for one on one discussion and in game chat with other Squads. Can you imagine a open forum with another Squad during War?

Open the door to some trash talk baby.

This already happens ... alot ... on LINE.

Like ... a whole lot.

But, it wouldn't hurt to have a forum for it as well.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#36 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:41 pm

We shall see what changes come. If at the minimum we get: better Squd War Matchmaking, real balance adjustments to unused units, advertising of this game, and a re-enthused player base we can consider this a positive change. Yes, more ads will come, but with it may come greater attention from development.
Time will tell. I choose to be cautiously optimistic.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

DarthTrumpf
Commander

Post#37 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:05 pm

We are all about to become Moisture Farmers.
My favorite character from the original movies is Johhar Kessen!

FruitBowlMafia
Commodore

Post#38 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Rebellions are built on Hope...

I’m optimistic about the change and possibly of development interactions of any kind.
Lone_Rebellion

TheCleaner
Commodore

Post#39 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Active accounts iOS
Start 4/17-Knick Knack, Rebel, Mini Base, HQ10, Rank 16, Officer -corpsegrinder-, a home for minis.

LosVega
Major General

Post#40 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Cautiously optimistic about this........

So it would seem Disney has a long term plan for SWC. Will Zynga own the code or are they merely licensing it? I suspect a little of both because should the deal fail, Zynga takes the blame and Mickey just shrugs it shoulders. I can deal with more ads in game but only if they can improve it. If anything, I'm looking forward to the possibility of players interacting with the dev team again. Another key question is what limits did Disney set in place regarding game characters? If Disney never took advantage of adding more due to license issues, will Zynga face those same roadblocks? There are so many opportunities for Zynga to act upon that's it actually changed my fear of seeing SWC end like the Windows version to a future where the game starts to thrive.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Return to “General Discussions”