NOTICE: Disney Sells SWC Development To Zynga

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Rebelscummer
Major General

Re: NOTICE: Disney Sells SWC Development To Zynga

Post#11 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Good for Rebels, the Disney developing team turned to the dark side long time ago....

spootieho
Commodore

Post#12 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Let's hope that Zynga isn't so dumb that they forget to add the Solo skin to the Solo event.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#13 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:49 pm

Spock wrote:Does anyone know what Zynga’s community invlolment is like?
Could we possibly have an offical swc forum and communication with the development team again?

I don't know much about Zynga, but they have a game, 'Empires & Allies' and they were developing it everyday.
The game E&A is pretty similar to SWC.

They also had an official forum for their games.

Disney might be doing a good deal with Zynga, but we will know the greatness of Zynga only when they do some developments.

I am still sceptical at this arrangement.

Best,
Admiral Piett
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ Prestige - 50K MEDALS

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

geoman48
Admiral

Post#14 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:56 pm

spootieho wrote:Improvements include:
1. An ad bar at the top.
2. Commercials that you need to watch between each match
3. Energy that recharges every hour, but costs on every attack where you can either wait an hour or buy more energy with crystals.

I can't wait

(disclaimer: this whole post is a sarcastic joke)

You made me laugh. And cry. At the same time. Cause I’ve played Zynga games b4.

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#15 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:09 am

Should they make an official forum down the line, assuming they're good guys and all, I think I'd stay here nonetheless. This site is simple, useful and overall nice. Why change it?
:)
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#16 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:49 am

Can't get worse, that's for sure. Very optimistic. Also feel that the game is guaranteed to get more adverts, which is fine...in moderation. I think the 'Elite' level or whatever that was called and spotted in the code is now on hold. Maybe Zynga will erase old SWC "canon" rules and fix this hot mess with prejudice.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:08 am

This might be good news for the game. Zynga is a dedicated game developer whereas Disney is a media conglomerate. For Zynga SWC might become a core business while at Disney it would forever be peripheral. So they might make a real effort to pull SWC out of the doldrums. Or they might pull the plug....
We'll see. here is the company profile if you like financials ;-)
http://investor.zynga.com/

May The Force be with Us!

Darth Bratzzz
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

TNT
Admiral

Post#18 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:19 am

This is interesting. Zynga used to be really big thanks to Facebook games. (Farmville) But that changed a long time ago. As far as I know they've shrunken a lot due to bad results, but were recently recovering.

The good news is at least that it's a real developer. Maybe they'll finally fix the Rodian sniper GR en Jet mess in a proper way.

The other good news is that Disney has apparently not given up on this game yet. There were signs of this due to the many attempts at balance fixes recently, but this is the first real evidence.

The bad news is that it's a F2P game developer. Fuckery is automatically implied.

In addition 2 new mobile games. Where are the real games Disney. Stop messing with the Starwars license.

It's weird that EA didn't get this as they're responsible for all the other games. Or is that changing now as well.

Don't expect too many bug fixes though. Taking over someone elses code is a nightmare and this game seems made with ducttape and prayers.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#19 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:26 am

TNT wrote:It's weird that EA didn't get this as they're responsible for all the other games. Or is that changing now as well.

If EA gets Star Wars Commander, we would have to pay for new units. At least Disney allows hard-core F2P gamers to get the units if you play regularly.
But with EA, Its a whole different story. They'll ask you to pay for literally everything.

And we might have:

- HQ 11 ; $99.99
- New Unit ; $9.99

And more shit like that. So may be that is the reason they're giving Star Wars Commander to Zynga.

Best,
Admiral Piett
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ Prestige - 50K MEDALS

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

FelixKostobi
Commodore

Post#20 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:37 am

I think that with Zynga there will be some pay-to-get-only items which unless is about new powerful units you can't play without is not a bad thing. There are people that would probably pay a reasonable price to get another cantina, lab or any other building. Let's wait and see.
HQ Prestige Rebel only, 79k medals, founder and former leader of Rebel4Ever, now a plain member
If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!
http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history
LINE ID : fcostov

Return to “General Discussions”