EVENT: Lucky Break #2 (Solo Movie Event #3) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: EVENT: Lucky Break #2 (Solo Movie Event #3) - Discussion Topic

Post#91 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:57 am

NOTICE: Increased Chances of Getting U-Wing / TIE Brute Frags

In my current Elite Event Crate Chase for Week #3, I have been seeing for my HQ 10 and HQ 8 Accounts more Rewards of U-Wing Frags which has enabled me to start Upgrading this elusive / rare Armory Equipment.

I presume Empire Commanders at similar Levels are perhaps seeing the same thing, provided of course they are collecting Elite Event Crates.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#92 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 am

Decided not to bother... a level 1 Tie brute skin with a level X skin can take down an SC in one shot... so why upgrade?

Got my Tog frags so happy days. Be back next week if they have anything useful...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
148,300 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

DeathStriker

Post#93 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:31 am

Richaldo wrote:Decided not to bother... a level 1 Tie brute skin with a level X skin can take down an SC in one shot... so why upgrade?

Got my Tog frags so happy days. Be back next week if they have anything useful...

Richaldo - the only **true** reason for Frag Grinding is to eliminate Units as "possible rewards" in order to increase the chances of getting that "new cool unit" that is expected to be introduced / released at some point once Zygna starts to publish game updates.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

akula1321
Commander

Post#94 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:13 am

Wow, maxed all my units last night except for the Tie Brute. Pop open a crate this morning and get 3x Brute frags and four pots of gold instead of four more stacks of Brute frags.....smh. Guess I'm done a day early. Maybe a week and a day early if this is how the reward algorithm stands for the next conflict. Total BS.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#95 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:30 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Decided not to bother... a level 1 Tie brute skin with a level X skin can take down an SC in one shot... so why upgrade?

Richaldo - the only **true** reason for Frag Grinding is to eliminate Units as "possible rewards" in order to increase the chances of getting that "new cool unit" that is expected to be introduced / released at some point once Zygna starts to publish game updates.

Good call man... all about limiting the frag pool. Mind you... Ive not recieved a single Tie Brute frag and I grind like a beast in almost every tourney haha
Richaldo. Leader of SITh

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#96 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Only 1 of the 5 rewards contains Brute frags, and then there is only 25% chance of getting Brute frags in that one reward (other possibles are Hauler, DT, A-LT). If you max the units in the other 4 rewards you get credits instead. Here is the full details of the bonus crates: https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/lc_e ... nd_04.html
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#97 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:46 pm

I forgot the A-LT droid is a merc. L6 doesn’t have a cantina... result was 20 A-LT droid samples. No frags.

Maybe I should add “consistency in rewards” or “better indicators on the reward crates that show samples versus frags like we see in conflict crates” to the Zynga wish list.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~41k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#98 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:00 pm

I'm maxed on everything except the brute now. It is a downer to just get the one reward, and then to have to click through 25 K credits. It's not like the brute is that amazing, either. If it worked with pilots, then it would be a different story, but I almost never carry tie fighters, and can't afford to use a full 13 armory UC in the event that I have one or two in my air loadout.

The only times I've used the brute skin have been when I was going after a tie fighter crate. Tomorrow, I max out my crate frags, so I really won't have much reason to cook 7 ties at a time anymore.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#99 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:38 pm

Boog wrote:I'm maxed on everything except the brute now. It is a downer to just get the one reward, and then to have to click through 25 K credits. It's not like the brute is that amazing, either. If it worked with pilots, then it would be a different story, but I almost never carry tie fighters, and can't afford to use a full 13 armory UC in the event that I have one or two in my air loadout.

The only times I've used the brute skin have been when I was going after a tie fighter crate. Tomorrow, I max out my crate frags, so I really won't have much reason to cook 7 ties at a time anymore.

I'm similar. I never use Tie Fighters unless i have a daily objective with them. However, since getting the Brute I pack one Tie Fighter and use it to take out either the Squad Centre or Safehouse. This has been particularly useful this week as i've been grinding on Tatooine to max out the Astro and more often than not the SC's on Tat are fully loaded with buffed jets.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#100 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:40 am

sgu97cab wrote:Only 1 of the 5 rewards contains Brute frags, and then there is only 25% chance of getting Brute frags in that one reward (other possibles are Hauler, DT, A-LT). If you max the units in the other 4 rewards you get credits instead. Here is the full details of the bonus crates: https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/lc_e ... nd_04.html

Yup... defo made the right decision to stop this one at level 18 once I'd got the Tog frags...

I get that more frags = less in the frag pool... but in all honesty, who cares, you're making a dent in a Mickey Mouse shaped mountain... it just sounds like a proper mission for minimum reward...

Think this is me retiring from the EP grind past level 18 going forward!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh

Return to “General Discussions”